So...is Morris the guy this year or what?

Advertisement
I am not sold on him. Hes got a big arm but i dont trust his decision making.

i just wonder if we can get some consistent play at QB. i really hope our QB can get it done this year. it's been too long since we have had competent play at QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No Miller this year. 6-6

I'm kind of at the same place. look at the offense. there is NO ONE that scares anybody. there is no one really that has even shown they can carry the load at their respective spots (outside of some OL). we are gonna be looking for a couple of FR to provide the big play threat on off cus it just aint there right now.

I do think the D will be better though. the D and special teams is likely going to have to carry the load. could get lucky with most of our tough ACC games at home but I think 6-7 maybe 8 wins is pretty realistic unfortunately.

I think Morris will be the guy but I hope he is not due to somebody being significantly better than him and not injury

Advertisement
Ever since Morris took over for Jacory at Virginia, I've said I don't trust the kid's ability to keep the ball away from the other team's defense. Maryland this year was another example. The kids is more INT-prone than Jacory. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone who can realistically beat him out. Williams may or may not be any good and the freshman should be redshirting. I'll gladly take another mediocre season if it means we can have great seasons down the road.

Ever since Morris took over for Jacory at Virginia, I've said I don't trust the kid's ability to keep the ball away from the other team's defense. Maryland this year was another example. The kids is more INT-prone than Jacory. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone who can realistically beat him out. Williams may or may not be any good and the freshman should be redshirting. I'll gladly take another mediocre season if it means we can have great seasons down the road.

He's TO prone... but that's a stretch. If he can fix the TO issue, he can have a good year here. I don't know how many times I said that about Jacory... but the same is true for Morris.

Morris just needs to buy into what Fisch teaches him. I think he can do a decent job if he does what Fisch wants him to do.

Being realistic there is pretty much nothing on our roster that will stop Morris from starting if he can come back healthy.

Advertisement
the one light of hope I have with Morris is what Fisch did with JH last year. up until the BC game, J12 made a miraculous turn around in the TD/INT ratio. just unreal really. J12 was still the same guy we found out, but Ficsh had him playing waaaaay better. we coulda won a lot more games if the D wasn't so horrible for the first 6-8 games

the one light of hope I have with Morris is what Fisch did with JH last year. up until the BC game, J12 made a miraculous turn around in the TD/INT ratio. just unreal really. J12 was still the same guy we found out, but Ficsh had him playing waaaaay better. we coulda won a lot more games if the D wasn't so horrible for the first 6-8 games

Agreed. Jacory was going along pretty good but eventually those bad habits will rear up when things get tough. Unfortunately Morris is the same type. But he has some physical tools Jacory didnt its just too bad he loses Miller, Streeter and Benjamin. People can get all crazy about the freshmen but we lost a lot of production, simple as that.

He's TO prone... but that's a stretch. If he can fix the TO issue, he can have a good year here. I don't know how many times I said that about Jacory... but the same is true for Morris.

Nah, homey. Check the int to attempts ratio. I know we were conditioned to think Jacory is the WOAT, but Morris throws an INT in less attempts. The only thing that gives me hope is the miracle Fisch performed with Jacory for most of the year in lesa than one ful year. Morris should, hopefully, benefit from being around Fisch longer.

The only thing I'm looking forward to this year in the Chickillo pass rush. Other than that nothing excites me. Saw Chick at the Baseball game last night and gave him a thumbs up.

Advertisement
Back