SO CALLED EXPERTS ON THIS BOARD LOOKING LIKE FOOLS

Advertisement
People took what Rosier said about watching film one time out of context and ran with it. I know it has been reported that Richt had told Rosier that would never start for him after getting the head coaching job. Honestly, I was shocked to hear a head coach would tell a player he really doesn't know well something like that. With all respect I have for Richt, it struck me as odd and reckless.

Rosier had huge potentials from day one and Duke game proved it. The players? Yeah the same ones who believed Kayaa was a first round material. My son, who's a friend with a few recent ex-players didn't share the same view about him as the players the "experts" here talked to.

I always believed Rosier had a raw deal and never got the proper coaching or opportunity since he came here

I think Richt telling him that may have been taken out of context as well. Coaches tell plays these kinds of things all the time. It was probably more meant as you will never start for me unless you work on your game, which clearly, Rosier did.

People took what Rosier said about watching film one time out of context and ran with it. I know it has been reported that Richt had told Rosier that he would never start for him after getting the head coaching job. Honestly, I was shocked to hear a head coach would tell a player he really doesn't know well something like that. With all respect I have for Richt, it struck me as odd and reckless.

Rosier had huge potentials from day one and Duke game proved it. The players? Yeah the same ones who believed Kayaa was a first round material. My son, who's a friend with a few recent ex-players didn't share the same view about him as the players the "experts" here talked to.

I always believed Rosier had a raw deal and never got the proper coaching or opportunity since he came here
To be clear, Richt didn't say that he thought Malik would never start here until he told him he'd won the job seconds later and had become an entirely different quarterback.

People took what Rosier said about watching film one time out of context and ran with it. I know it has been reported that Richt had told Rosier that he would never start for him after getting the head coaching job. Honestly, I was shocked to hear a head coach would tell a player he really doesn't know well something like that. With all respect I have for Richt, it struck me as odd and reckless.

To be clear, Richt didn't say that he thought Malik would never start here until he told him he'd won the job seconds later and had become an entirely different quarterback.

That makes more sense. Still, Richt didn't really had a chance to judge Rosier abilities without spending time with him and giving him a fair chance.

There was way too much unfounded hype for Kaaya. There was entirely too much conclusive negativity around Rosier. If we've learned anything, it's to be skeptical of what happens in practice or is reported - it's not always the best indicator of the performance we'll see in games because a ton of context is lost or missed.

And, now there is entirely a swing too much in the direction of "Rosier is a godsend." Basically, #messageboards .

Advertisement
The jury is still out on Rosier. Can we at least wait until we get into the thick of Conference play before we crown him?

Sometimes this cat looks like the best QB in all of CFB. And then, he looks like Malik Rosier. Some of that may be play calling. Some of it might be his own short comings.

All I'm saying is, for as great as he has played, let's wait a lil before passing judgement.

PASSING STATISTICS
NAME................CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Malik Rosier.......59 90.....820 65.6 .... 9.11 8... 2 167.0

I will pass judgement after 3 games. It's a good start. How's that? If these numbers were bad, pretty sure you'd be passing judgement right now.

I know I know, meaningless game, weak competition blah blah

What were the stats after 3 games vs similar competition last year for our NFL QB?

The jury is still out on Rosier. Can we at least wait until we get into the thick of Conference play before we crown him?

Sometimes this cat looks like the best QB in all of CFB. And then, he looks like Malik Rosier. Some of that may be play calling. Some of it might be his own short comings.

All I'm saying is, for as great as he has played, let's wait a lil before passing judgement.

PASSING STATISTICS

I will pass judgement after 3 games. It's a good start. How's that? If these numbers were bad, pretty sure you'd be passing judgement right now.

What were the stats after 3 games vs similar competition last year for our NFL QB?

It's easier to declare something bad, than great, especially when talking QB's. With bad, you tend to know right away. Greatness? That requires a body of work.

Was BK a bad QB? Absolutely not.

Was he great?

PASSING STATISTICS

It's easier to declare something bad, than great, especially when talking QB's. With bad, you tend to know right away. Greatness? That requires a body of work.

Was BK a bad QB? Absolutely not.

Was he great?

The question really isn't if Rosier"great" or not. What I and many here were arguing that Rosier is not as bad as he has been portrayed to be.

Too early to claim greatness. For me at least, things "usually" are not as good as they first seem or as bad as they first seem. And I do hope Rosier proves my hunch that he is a great college QB. But I don't claim he is even near that. Too early. But again, all some of us here want is to give him a chance while the majority of posters declared him dead.

Advertisement
There was way too much unfounded hype for Kaaya. There was entirely too much conclusive negativity around Rosier. If we've learned anything, it's to be skeptical of what happens in practice or is reported - it's not always the best indicator of the performance we'll see in games because a ton of context is lost or missed.

And, now there is entirely a swing too much in the direction of "Rosier is a godsend." Basically, #messageboards .

#Rosier4Heisman

Number 12 has done a good job coming in and running the show. I get a feeling that the offense, and team overall, have a more calming feeling with him back there. Things don't appear "panicky" like they did with Brad at times.

This weekend will show where he is at and how the team responds to his ability to lead them.

If we've learned anything, it's to be skeptical of what happens in practice or is reported - it's not always the best indicator of the performance we'll see in games because a ton of context is lost or missed.

For QBs, this is absolutely true. Learned this the hard way. It's a completely different game when you can't get hit.

For other positions, I believe practice performance is a tremendous indicator. Not perfect, but non-QBs generally play how they practice.

Lol we are 3-0 heading into Tally and this is the thread we are getting. Only Miami fans man

Advertisement
If we've learned anything, it's to be skeptical of what happens in practice or is reported - it's not always the best indicator of the performance we'll see in games because a ton of context is lost or missed.

For QBs, this is absolutely true. Learned this the hard way. It's a completely different game when you can't get hit.

For other positions, I believe practice performance is a tremendous indicator. Not perfect, but non-QBs generally play how they practice.
I think we can glean some things and, of course, make projections, but the context is still not a good enough match all the time. Berrios being successful on the outside is just one example of that. There are other examples and also instances of us rewarding great practice behaviors that may not necessarily translate to game time. Then there are other aspects, like how a guy matches up against what we flash on defense vs what he's more likely to play against. Etc.

Again, I think we can see some things, but it's only a part of the equation. ****, I think the coaches would agree since they seemingly spent a portion of last season still learning about their own players despite watching them in practice as much as anyone else.

I think an "I told you so" thread on Rosier being elite is a bit premature. We will see. Hope he is.

I still don't feel all fuzzy about it though.

I think an "I told you so" thread on Rosier being elite is a bit premature. We will see. Hope he is.

I still don't feel all fuzzy about it though.

Who is saying he is elite 3 games into the season? Most are saying he played very well so far. Contrary to most expectations. That's it.

Advertisement
Most are saying he played very well so far. Contrary to most expectations. That's it.

Fair enough.. but I fully expected him to play well against Bethune, Toledo & Duke..

VT, ND & FSU is the question.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother if this board is devolving into the usual call out threads and gotcha moments, but what you say here really isn't true. Most posters have been lukewarm on Kaaya overall. In this thread, which is a review of Kaaya and his time here, you will see a pretty level-headed approach to his performance.

For Rosier, he has done 8-13, for 124 yards (9.54 yards per attempt) with 2 TD's, and 1 Int in the 4th quarter. We have scored 5 team TD's and he has taken one sack.

He's also done something Kaaya never did: win a game we trailed at halftime.

Rosier was 0-2 against BC so the numbers aren't propped up against them.

Let's just say both Rosier and Berios have developed into very good players for the Canes. Now, act like true fans and get season tickets to support team. Canes 28-10 and I will witness in person this weekend.

Advertisement
Back