Snelson Just Decommited

Advertisement
Not shocked, the next uschool happening at heritage

:stephenahand:

Lol Kyle man these dudes just don't get it, it's golden.

Its amazing how the obvious escapes some.

It's crazy u got dudes saying wr is loaded in 16, those r the fans that don't know nada about this sport.

Agreed. The long and short is if you dont grab elite talent you vant compete. Snelson is a beast and no matter how many when you miss on top talent in your backyard failure becomes you.

It's crazy u got dudes saying wr is loaded in 16, those r the fans that don't know nada about this sport.

Agreed. The long and short is if you dont grab elite talent you vant compete. Snelson is a beast and no matter how many when you miss on top talent in your backyard failure becomes you.

Amari Cooper didn't need a coach, he's a elite kid with hard work ethic. That's a big miss anyway u slice it. But since these fans think u put the u on it makes u good, no the player makes the uni.

Advertisement
Anybody got his stats from this season?

Must have put up some huge numbers since he has the best QB in the state according to some on this board.

Not hating at all, just wondering what his stats were.

Some were pegging him as a 5 star WR.

The ONLY silver lining in this is that there are plenty of BIG TIME WRs coming out in 2016 in SoFla alone. So he is replaceable BUT when one guy commits that usually starts a snowball effect of other kids starting to second guess their decisions. And that's what we don't need. All of a sudden you will have kids in the 2016 class backing out because they want to "make sure they keep their options open".

This class is the only thing Al has to hang his hat on at this point. He loses these guys and he really mide as well quit. He would have lost everything at that point.

Advertisement
Don't worry we'll get to see him play once a year as he scores multiple TDs for FSU

He's good no doubt, im not happy about it. I shouldnt have said he'll never play because he would, but to me 247 is the most reliable source when it comes to recruiting and hes not any better than sam bruce. Regardless, something had to go wrong for a WR to decommit knowing he would be catching passes from Kaaya and Allison in his career here. But in the end ive heard he was a soft commit all along, if thats the case and theres no concerning underlying reason for this decommit then im not worried. WR is the position that is probably the only position i think we can take a hit at right now and still feel comfortable. With upcoming expected commits from Michael Irvin Jr as well that will help alleviate some.

Like someone else mentioned, he is highly rated by the other sites. Top 10 WR by rivals, etc. 247 composite has him at 4 stars. Anyway, the point is he's a **** good WR. I'm not saying he's better than Bruce or Mullin. Those kids are probably better; that's not the point. Snelson is a **** good one. Let's put it another way - which local WR would you take over him at this point that we have a realistic shot at? Pinder? Pig? Johnson? Irvin is pretty much going to be a TE.

Advertisement
Anybody got his stats from this season?

Must have put up some huge numbers since he has the best QB in the state according to some on this board.

Bump for his stats this season

He hinted at decommiting weeks ago not sure why this is such a surprise.

He's good no doubt, im not happy about it. I shouldnt have said he'll never play because he would, but to me 247 is the most reliable source when it comes to recruiting and hes not any better than sam bruce. Regardless, something had to go wrong for a WR to decommit knowing he would be catching passes from Kaaya and Allison in his career here. But in the end ive heard he was a soft commit all along, if thats the case and theres no concerning underlying reason for this decommit then im not worried. WR is the position that is probably the only position i think we can take a hit at right now and still feel comfortable. With upcoming expected commits from Michael Irvin Jr as well that will help alleviate some.

Like someone else mentioned, he is highly rated by the other sites. Top 10 WR by rivals, etc. 247 composite has him at 4 stars. Anyway, the point is he's a **** good WR. I'm not saying he's better than Bruce or Mullin. Those kids are probably better; that's not the point. Snelson is a **** good one. Let's put it another way - which local WR would you take over him at this point that we have a realistic shot at? Pinder? Pig? Johnson? Irvin is pretty much going to be a TE.

He is better than Mullins and Bruce imo and the opinion of other south Florida coaches. Not to take anything away from those two guys

Advertisement

He is better than Mullins and Bruce imo and the opinion of other south Florida coaches. Not to take anything away from those two guys

Then he must have put up some huge numbers since he has the best QB in the state according to some on this board.

Anybody got his stats along with Bruce, Mullins and Richards so we can compare them?

Just because people say he has the best qb in the state does it make it true? C'mon man. And you should not focus on high school numbers. The past has shown variations that looking at purely statistics when evaluating top prospects against each other is not an indication of future success.

This is what UM staffer Kevin beard said about Snelson

"KB: Man, he’s a ball of explosiveness. I tell people that he reminds me of Victor Cruz. He’s not short, but he’s not tall and he is physically put together. You don’t find many receivers who are looking for contact like he is. Most receivers avoid contact at all costs, but he is physical, explosive, athletic and the one thing I’m excited about is that he is starting to figure it out. He is starting to understand that it’s not all about being fast and explosiveness, but you also need the fundamentals to make the game easier. I would put him in the mold of a Reggie Wayne, where he might not run a 4.3, but that 4.4 he runs will do everything the 4.3 can because he’s so smooth and physical."

I know plenty about football, I'm a HS AD, have several players talking to schools right now. You guys might be oblivious to the fact that this is a 16 year old kid. One day he probably wanted it to go out on twitter and get a lot of favorites, retweets, whatever. His mind never thought through the whole process and now he is seeing it from a different angle. Miami has 3 guys rated ahead of him, that doesnt mean we cant get another WR, but how often do you see 4, 4 star guys or better committed to the same school at the same position like a WR, RB, CB, S? You don't. Yes it might be something to do with Golden, whatever, but the kid knows Kaaya and Allison are his future QBs, and if he can get open and catch a pass he will go to the NFL. More than likely he doesnt want to compete for playing time and hes going to go somewhere else that he thinks he wont have to. FSU, Alabama, all programs have decommits, thats why it is a marathon and not a sprint. I highly doubt it, but when its all said and done this kid might throw up the U on signing day.

IDK about being better than Bruce. IMO bruce is highly ranked but still underrated. I will put Bruce in the same mold as Sammy Watkins, Amari Cooper, Yearby in terms of footwork or route running. Anytime you watch a guys practice highlights or one on ones over and over thats a lot younger but runs advanced routes which one tries to study then that player is special. Snelson is physically built and fast and I hope he recommits but Bruce is on an entire different level in terms of skill than any WR in 16. I wouldn't mind replacing Snelson with Saloman as long as he can stay out of trouble and has the grades.

Advertisement
Back