Snap counts 2022

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was Cooper #32 and kept coming in as the extra fullback/lineman? He was out there moving people.
Yes, I'm still searching for an explanation why he had to change his number. He's 55 and the other 55 on the team is Lichtenstein and he's a DL.

Yes, I'm still searching for an explanation why he had to change his number. He's 55 and the other 55 on the team is Lichtenstein and he's a DL.
Because he’s playing in the backfield as a RB/FB/TE is my guess.

Because he lined up at TE he would have to announce himself as eligible WR every play if he wore an ineligible number. With #37 he could go in and out as they pleased.

Advertisement
29 snaps for Restrepo? That can't be right. And if it is, it's concerning. I know he's only a slot receiver and we don't play much 11 or 10 personnel, but ****. He's the best pass catcher on the team. He needs to be on the field more. I know Arroyo played a lot but I haven't watched the game back yet, live I didn't realize we played so much 21.

29 snaps for Restrepo? That can't be right. And if it is, it's concerning. I know he's only a slot receiver and we don't play much 11 or 10 personnel, but ****. He's the best pass catcher on the team. He needs to be on the field more. I know Arroyo played a lot but I haven't watched the game back yet, live I didn't realize we played so much 21.
Yeah, it seems he ought to be on the field a lot more. I think it's because they like Brashard too and he's taking reps from X. Brashard got 22.

Advertisement
I understand rotating and being fresh on defense and maybe it’ll change as we get into the meat of the schedule but it seems excessive.

In my opinion.. pick a LB that plays 75% or more of the snaps and rotate the other spot if you need to. There’s a lot going on, tendencies to pick up, and adjustments being made and it’s hard to communicate it running on and off the field. Not to mention each time you run on and off is a 50 yard gasser. Do it by giving them a full drive off when you can so you avoid the running on and off multiple times.

Don’t understand Gil’s snap count. Caleb Johnson too. Flagg played well Saturday but the other spot is wide open as far as I’m concerned. Those are probably the only ones I truly question.. maybe Ivey plays too much. He’s clearly picked on and targeted in the passing game and teams run right at him when he’s in the game.

I understand rotating and being fresh on defense and maybe it’ll change as we get into the meat of the schedule but it seems excessive.

In my opinion.. pick a LB that plays 75% or more of the snaps and rotate the other spot if you need to. There’s a lot going on, tendencies to pick up, and adjustments being made and it’s hard to communicate it running on and off the field. Not to mention each time you run on and off is a 50 yard gasser. Do it by giving them a full drive off when you can so you avoid the running on and off multiple times.

Don’t understand Gil’s snap count. Caleb Johnson too. Flagg played well Saturday but the other spot is wide open as far as I’m concerned. Those are probably the only ones I truly question.. maybe Ivey plays too much. He’s clearly picked on and targeted in the passing game and teams run right at him when he’s in the game.

I think the staff has essentially treated the first 2 games as scrimmages. The rotations will be much tighter this week and especially once we get into ACC play. I think the last 2 weeks were auditions.

Advertisement
I think the staff has essentially treated the first 2 games as scrimmages. The rotations will be much tighter this week and especially once we get into ACC play. I think the last 2 weeks were auditions.
That’s the way I’m leaning as well. Gonna be some hurt feelings in the front 7.

But ya.. very important to have these edge guys, LBer, and safety pretty set taking most of the snaps. On RPO and option they have to get comfortable with their eyes and the more snaps they see the more comfortable the get. Constantly rotating might ruin any defensive rhythm.

I think they said he got a little nicked up in practice last week. That might be the reason for cutting back on his snap count and getting BSmith in more.

Advertisement
Back