Smith and Chaney?

Advertisement
I hate everything right now, but I did want to point out an amazing play by Carter. Well, amazing for him. 2nd half, app state backed up to their goal line, 3rd down, Carter is rushing the QB but the TE leaves on a delayed release. He turns around and covers the TE. Brice leaves the pocket and begins to scramble for the first down and Carter ditches the TE and hauls *** to bring Brice down for the stop.
Yes! That was a very nice play. Getting caught in between we see guys struggle with that all the time and he played it perfectly

SIAP So it sounded like Manny was concerned they were out for the season

Would be devastating on both accounts

Ive never seen linebacker play at Miami this bad in my life and now Flagg is all we have. I know Steeds dad posts here and he’s a tough kid….but my goodness he was awful last night. Jennings….I just won’t.

Chaney might be the bigger loss. He’s one of the only guys on offense that looks the part and plays like it.

Trying to avoid the typical “we ******* suck at everything” responses but I don’t really see how we go about replacing those guys barring a miracle.
Ir could be an acl

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think a lot in there for the taking. Mainly two TE mashing us with our LB play. Scares me and I think what we do bad MSU can do well. Game does scare the **** out of me. Which sucks I don’t think they’re good.

even our blitzes last night looked like a bowl of ish. No one got close to the QB

I also think we played very lifeless
We contantly play lifeless. Not every player but too many of them. I say this pretty much every year. There are too many players in the program that give 2 ***** about winning, winning championships at Miami. they don't care. This is how teams like App St play toe to toe with them. Really sad.

Advertisement
In all honesty Chaney may be good but I haven’t seen it yet.
Best ability is availability. I don’t care how talented you are from the trainers tent dawg. And yes I know it’s not the kids fault he’s always injured. It sucks. But from a team building standpoint we have to acknowledge it and get other guys more reps. He’s fragile. Hopefully Cody brown is ready to go

Last edited:
How many games is Knighton suspended? He needs to be ready for a big workload when he gets back. Huge opportunity for him to take over.

Advertisement
So I have never seen a linebacker over-pursue and take himself needlessly out of play after play. Having Steed and Jennings on the field at the same time is a guaranteed drive mover for whomever we are playing.
Aftet the first 2 series with Flagg & Smith when we got them off the field quick and 17 & 44 came in they immediately marched up the field with ease. Madness. We literally can't do any worse at least trying TAC, Huff, and Chase.

Agreed about Brown. I don’t hate Cam like some have attacked him. He’s a fine back but he is what he is. Chaney is miles better than him.

Steed, I won’t go further about last night because I respect the kid but he had a really tough night

I was really surprised that we didnt use another RB behind Cam, once Chaney went down. I'm curious as to why. Is Cody Brown not mentally ready? Is he not physically capable right now? Other?

If Im not mistaken, Chaney went down mid 2nd Qtr. (??) Harris every play for ~ 2.25 quarters. I guess we'll know next Saturday. Is Cam going to play the entire game if Chaney isnt healed up??

Advertisement
I know we’ve said this a million times already this year but it’s still not enough. It’s shocking how inept they are. A couple of Steed’s plays last night were really hard to watch.
Jennings should never see the field here. Not even on special teams. It’s time to see what huff and cave can do. I’d rather look bad with young guys flying around than older guys who just can’t make a play.

So I have never seen a linebacker over-pursue and take himself needlessly out of play after play. Having Steed and Jennings on the field at the same time is a guaranteed drive mover for whomever we are playing.
Couldn’t agree more. As soon as I saw 44 in the game there run game started gashing us and he was nowhere close to making a play.

Advertisement
Back