Smells like a winner

Advertisement
I like what it looks like with the program and the buzz going on. However, what's with all the "when Manny was hired I was skeptical but now that we are still two months from his first game I'm sold" posts?

Lol. I know right. Cheap dates. It doesn't take much to make these bums blush. No wonder the program is soft. Got soft supporters. These dudes ok with participation trophies now.

You're putting WAY too much on the UF game. While we would all love to win that one, would be big for our program all around, and I actually think we will win... we can lose to UF and be just fine. What you are describing above applies to us not making it to Charlotte this year.

Perhaps this is reasonable.

If UF wins the game, the only way forward is Blake James and the entire football program staff (secretaries included) perform ritual Seppuku at the 50 yd line.

The act will be completed at the same instant of a flyby of The Banners.

I really feel above is within realisitc and expected boundaries.

Am I in the minority on this? Who is with me!!??

Last edited:

If UF wins the game, the only way forward is Blake James and the entire football program staff (secretaries included) perform ritual Seppuku at the 50 yd line.

Blake James hired Manny within minutes of Richt retiring and went on to say we would beat UF just a few days later. BJ knew what he was getting into. Don't make promises you can't keep. I'll lay the tarp on the field myself. Don't get any blood on the grass...

Manny hasn't done anything. Same rah rah hype when Mork was here. Manny has his first biggest decision to make and that is choosing the QB he will ride and die with. Fans have no more patience. You got your IPF. You got the dorms. You got new expensive coaches. You got new fancy stadium. You got pipelines all over the state. No excuses. Manny needs to win this UF Game badly. Manny won't get a pass like Mork did. None of this we're still building bullshiit or look on the bright side crap if he loses to UF.

I'd bet you're not invited to many parties.

Nor get second dates.

You'd be a great Kent State fan.

Advertisement
Blake James hired Manny within minutes of Richt retiring and went on to say we would beat UF just a few days later. BJ knew what he was getting into. Don't make promises you can't keep. I'll lay the tarp on the field myself. Don't get any blood on the grass...

👆👆👆 Right here...this man...

I like it.

3o6nURwdH7K5z3Hd8A.gif

I get that we know more than the national pundits, but Vegas still has the #8 team in the country as a TD favorite for a reason. I see the Gator deficiencies, and I see our improvement. However, can we learn the new offense fast enough, can we find an OT, can we stay healthy? That's where my head is at in his first year. All of the stuff he is doing right now is for the recruits coming up. And he has to, but Enos and the other coaches are going to make or break him coming out of the gate. That's what fall practice will be about, that's where he earns our buy in. We will see all the work he is putting in right now on August 24. On August 25, if we have won, the Diaz regime will be fine. If not, we need to work that much harder to be on the level of a top 10 team, which the Gators start out as. Then we do the best we can the rest of the season against arguably the easiest schedule in America (2-12).
#wewantALLtheSMOKE

Vegas also had Miami as a top 10 team and favorite over LSU. UF is us last year , a mirage that went into the season overrated.

They’ll drop 4-5 games minimum.

Agree, I mentioned that. But this excitement and off-season activity sure comes close to some of the game-win atmospheres of the past. I’m just hi lighting the mood and the possibilities.
Never mind that you specifically mentioned it. Some people just can’t help themselves.

I agree. I wasn’t thrilled with the way Manny was hired. Had we done due diligence and decided he was our guy then ok. At the time it felt desperate.

But I will say I think the Manny coaching search started a long time ago. Even though Richt was thought to be coming back I find it hard to believe there wasn’t some thought about his replacement.

The off-season has been a success to me. I mean that’s a start. Sure it doesn’t actually mean anything yet, but it’s a lot better than being a ******* laughing stock like we were last season.

Advertisement

Ain’t that Japanese suicide?

If so, you’re a tough customer.

You are just looking at it too narrowly. Yes, immediately after week 1 the UF game will have a massive impact on national perception, good or bad. But by season's end, nobody (including recruits) will give two sh-ts that we beat florida if we end up 7-5 or 8-4 and don't win a dreadfully weak coastal this year. Theres no team in all of sports I'd rather beat than the gator but what will be considered a success for the new Manny regime is way bigger in scope than just the opener vs them.

Yes, but to be fair are we more likely to go 7-5 if we beat UF or lose to UF? Obviously while anything is possible, it's not even close.

Can Manny lose to UF and still have a solid season? Absolutely. Can he have a truly great season? Not unless he miraculously recovers to go undefeated and also beat Clemson.

UF is not a career defining game by any stretch but don't kid yourself that it isn't hella important. We win first game with our new green coach against a top 10 team after that disastrous season, we smack the CFB world across the face. We couldn't be ignored. Team confidence would shoot through the roof. If you think that kind of showing won't carry through the rest of the season in impact you're crazy.

As a fan im not settling for just a respectable showing and nice W/L ratio at the end of the season. I'm a fan because I want to see our guys be big time players and step up in big time games.

Advertisement
Looking back, the quickness of the hire shows that people thought Manny was a boss. It’s still to be seen if they’re right but so far I can see why they thought it

Advertisement
Manny hasn't done anything. Same rah rah hype when Mork was here. Manny has his first biggest decision to make and that is choosing the QB he will ride and die with. Fans have no more patience. You got your IPF. You got the dorms. You got new expensive coaches. You got new fancy stadium. You got pipelines all over the state. No excuses. Manny needs to win this UF Game badly. Manny won't get a pass like Mork did. None of this we're still building bullshiit or look on the bright side crap if he loses to UF.

Manny is probably going to lose the UF game. In fact. I would put money on us losing that game. However, that doesn't mean schit. They are a lot more talented than us, the game will basically be a home game for them, and we are trotting out a new QB.

If Manny doesn't win the Coastal, I will agree that we made the wrong decision in hiring him.

Manny is probably going to lose the UF game. In fact. I would put money on us losing that game. However, that doesn't mean schit. They are a lot more talented than us, the game will basically be a home game for them, and we are trotting out a new QB.

If Manny doesn't win the Coastal, I will agree that we made the wrong decision in hiring him.

I fux with u man. I fux wit u.

Lol... a good post for 2:03 am brother. OriginalGatorLover, and putting money on them, lmfao. Dude... pragmatism is not tolerated here.

Lol... a good post for 2:03 am brother. OriginalGatorLover, and putting money on them, lmfao. Dude... pragmatism is not tolerated here.

LOL! I am probably going to wake up tomorrow with 75 dislikes, but honestly I want nothing more than to see Mullet get ran out of the stadium, but even if we lose i'm not holding it against Manny. He will be outgunned.

Advertisement
Back