Smells like a winner

Unsider

All ACC
Premium
When Manny was hired, I was very skeptical at the speed with which the hire took place. I remember (Which I quickly forgot) rooting for Butch to be hired. I vowed to be a wait-and-see guy re this hire. I still am, but every day I see stuff happening and I’m sold on Manny, little by little. I am still a skeptic (Since we have not seen a game coached by Manny), but am very excited at what his hire is materializing into. On top of the turnover chain, the little things like the the coaching staff acquisitions, the portal aggressiveness, the S&C program, the Paradise camps, the commitments, and his preseason war time tactics, should add up to make a dynasty in the near future in my opinion. I remember Schnelly doing it step by step. Every Saturday on his pre-game show, he’d talked about the little progressions made by the team, the individuals, the little tweaks he made after the previous game. ****, I could smell the sweet tobacco smoke in my living room from his pipe. I am now smelling the aroma of cafecitos in my living room. This must be a good sign, no?

Advertisement
When Manny was hired, I was very skeptical at the speed with which the hire took place. I remember (Which I quickly forgot) rooting for Butch to be hired. I vowed to be a wait-and-see guy re this hire. I still am, but every day I see stuff happening and I’m sold on Manny, little by little. I am still a skeptic (Since we have not seen a game coached by Manny), but am very excited at what his hire is materializing into. On top of the turnover chain, the little things like the the coaching staff acquisitions, the portal aggressiveness, the S&C program, the Paradise camps, the commitments, and his preseason war time tactics, should add up to make a dynasty in the near future in my opinion. I remember Schnelly doing it step by step. Every Saturday on his pre-game show, he’d talked about the little progressions made by the team, the individuals, the little tweaks he made after the previous game. ****, I could smell the sweet tobacco smoke in my living room from his pipe. I am now smelling the aroma of cafecitos in my living room. This must be a good sign, no?
I feel exactly the way you do, good things happening, but the jury is still out

Advertisement
I will be the first one to tell you I was not for Manny being hired as the HC. But I would be lying if I didn't say I was surprised at the way he has handled himself this off season and changed the program for the better. If he can transfer this into wins I think he could be very successful here.

those coaches shows did come on just before the games didn;t they? I think i remember them holding me over.. the anticipation as a kid in the 80s in Miami waiting for our hurricanes was rough! The coaches show would talk about last weeks game. the coach would talk over the highlights..and the show would feature one player a week in a segment.. i think the player would be in studio? and then they would talk about this weeks oponent. And pretty much all the big schools had a similiar thing going on. I remember actually enjoying watchijng the bowden ojne because he was entertaining to listen to when he'd make comments about the plays from the game the week before. I watched his show every year (the week after we played them)

Advertisement
I wanted Cristobal or Kiffin but that's partly bc I didn't think Manny was a realistic option.

Manny has exceeded expectations so far. My only concern would be some of the staff on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
let him win some games first.
Agree, I mentioned that. But this excitement and off-season activity sure comes close to some of the game-win atmospheres of the past. I’m just hi lighting the mood and the possibilities.

Manny hasn't done anything. Same rah rah hype when Mork was here. Manny has his first biggest decision to make and that is choosing the QB he will ride and die with. Fans have no more patience. You got your IPF. You got the dorms. You got new expensive coaches. You got new fancy stadium. You got pipelines all over the state. No excuses. Manny needs to win this UF Game badly. Manny won't get a pass like Mork did. None of this we're still building bullshiit or look on the bright side crap if he loses to UF.

Advertisement
Back