Smells like a winner

Lol. I know right. Cheap dates. It doesn't take much to make these bums blush. No wonder the program is soft. Got soft supporters. These dudes ok with participation trophies now.
Talking **** and telling ppl they are soft on the internet is real hard bro. You tell em how soft they are tough guy

Advertisement
LOL! I am probably going to wake up tomorrow with 75 dislikes, but honestly I want nothing more than to see Mullet get ran out of the stadium, but even if we lose i'm not holding it against Manny. He will be outgunned.
Well of course we have an enormous task ahead and a new HC, a new starting qb, an offense that is very new, a lot of uncertainty. However, l am not a betting man, nor am I zealot. But I am an optimist this season so allow me to live in my nieve bliss... it’s free.

Well of course we have an enormous task ahead and a new HC, a new starting qb, an offense that is very new, a lot of uncertainty. However, l am not a betting man, nor am I zealot. But I am an optimist this season so allow me to live in my nieve bliss... it’s free.

Ask me again right before the game. I will be hammered screaming about how we are going to crush the turds!

Advertisement
Lmao bro... looks like it’s snowing there... I’m not being too obtuse.
LOL! This will be me at the half.
hqdefault.jpg

Advertisement
Manny is probably going to lose the UF game. In fact. I would put money on us losing that game. However, that doesn't mean schit. They are a lot more talented than us, the game will basically be a home game for them, and we are trotting out a new QB.

If Manny doesn't win the Coastal, I will agree that we made the wrong decision in hiring him.

My prediction for CIS reactions.

Miami beats UF
Tm3gKYoalIZuo.gif

Miami loses to UF
6snBqWHdIIJs4.gif

Advertisement
You are pointing out the obvious. UF is not in our conference. This game is about regaining national prominence. Isn't this the first game of the year on a national stage? How has UM performed in this space the last 3 years? Generally speaking: Lousy. I didn't like the Manny hire. Here is his chance to prove many of us wrong. Tell the world and recruits The U is serious. A legit contender. Lose and that stink continues.

That’s a lot of unnecessary pressure to put on a 1st time HC much less versus a Top 10 opponent. As others have said, as much as it would completely ruin my life with the in-laws, I’d rather run the gambit of the ACC and make the Championship game than curb stomp the hated Gayturd and loss 4 games after that. See, national prominence is a fickle thing. We beat Floriduh on 8/24 that will do loudly and even get us ranked. Then the slide will come as it always has annually and out of the Top 25 we go. Think recruits care if we’re 7-5 and beat them? **** no. If we can finish the year 10-2 or 11-1, and ranked, that shows the progress needed to secure recruits.

In a utopian world I’d get the win over the Gayturd and a 10-11 win season. I just think putting all the chips in the pot on a bluff hand just isn’t the brightest move as of yet for El Jefe and his staff.

Yes, but to be fair are we more likely to go 7-5 if we beat UF or lose to UF? Obviously while anything is possible, it's not even close.

Can Manny lose to UF and still have a solid season? Absolutely. Can he have a truly great season? Not unless he miraculously recovers to go undefeated and also beat Clemson.

UF is not a career defining game by any stretch but don't kid yourself that it isn't hella important. We win first game with our new green coach against a top 10 team after that disastrous season, we smack the CFB world across the face. We couldn't be ignored. Team confidence would shoot through the roof. If you think that kind of showing won't carry through the rest of the season in impact you're crazy.

As a fan im not settling for just a respectable showing and nice W/L ratio at the end of the season. I'm a fan because I want to see our guys be big time players and step up in big time games.
Of course a win vs UF would be massive! It would absolutely propel us the entire season; re the season's success, re recruiting, the impression of Manny across the nation, everything. I never once said it wouldn't have a positive impact on the entire season. Of course it would! But that's looking at the positives of a win. This thread was looking at it the other way: the negatives of a loss, implying that if Manny loses to UF his *** is already on the fire. It was that position I took issue with. I don't agree with that at all; in fact, I think it's really stupid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In 2013 Miami played Florida in an early season match up at what is now known as Hard Rock Stadium. Al Golden and Miami defeated a favored Florida squad 21-16. That win launched the Golden-led Hurricanes back into college football's upper stratosphere where they proceeded to win multiple conference and national titles. Upon retiring after his fifth national championship win, Golden was quoted saying "that win against Florida in 2013 was the defining moment for our program".

Just fcking with you. That game ended up being 100% meaningless as Miami failed to win the coastal and Florida floundered to a 4-8 record. Yes, it gave us bragging rights, and that's always fun but in no way did it do anything to change the program or the direction it was headed.

That’s a lot of unnecessary pressure to put on a 1st time HC much less versus a Top 10 opponent. As others have said, as much as it would completely ruin my life with the in-laws, I’d rather run the gambit of the ACC and make the Championship game than curb stomp the hated Gayturd and loss 4 games after that. See, national prominence is a fickle thing. We beat Floriduh on 8/24 that will do loudly and even get us ranked. Then the slide will come as it always has annually and out of the Top 25 we go. Think recruits care if we’re 7-5 and beat them? **** no. If we can finish the year 10-2 or 11-1, and ranked, that shows the progress needed to secure recruits.

In a utopian world I’d get the win over the Gayturd and a 10-11 win season. I just think putting all the chips in the pot on a bluff hand just isn’t the brightest move as of yet for El Jefe and his staff.

point understood but if we are moving forward with the program those 4 game loses vs bums must be eradicated and I expect so.

that being said... Floriduh must go down... I repeat Gayturd must be beaten on the 24!!!

As for recruiting, Kids don't care nearly as much about the head to head as fans do. Kids want to play for the program that's building a consistent winner, not the program that won a game against their rival but then lost to Virginia and Pitt later in the season.

Advertisement
Back