Slurpers...

Advertisement
He has improved with every hire and defense change. Miami doesn't have the caliber of players to win right now. We haven't won in 18 years and it will probably be another 2 or 3 years before we can really challenge great teams.

Manny was smoking a cigar with Feeley after the game like nothing had happened. Wake up. Youā€™re part of the problem.

He has improved with every hire and defense change. Miami doesn't have the caliber of players to win right now. We haven't won in 18 years and it will probably be another 2 or 3 years before we can really challenge great teams.
UNC is a great team?

How many people predicted less than 2 wins?
Our record is realistic to where we're at as a team. Sucks to get blown out . I understand that. But Perception will creep in after the emotions wear off...

We didnā€™t get blown out.

We put on a HISTORIC, all time bad defensive performance to a team who lost to a team we beat by 40.

Blowouts happen, but what we witnessed yesterday was an alarming, sobering trend: We get destroyed by any team with good or better coaching.

Advertisement
The slurpers are no where to be found. They are exhausted from pounding their chests after the Duke win. They will be hibernating for the winter even they canā€™t make an excuse for the biggest beat down in Miami history.

Usually the slurpers emerge the following year with their sunshine pumping machines. BUT
The good news is they wonā€™t be around long next year when Saban eviscerates Manny on live TV.

Lol man i didnā€™t watch the game unfortunately at work.... all the guys still coming back next year to beat unc? Lol looking at that first game next year likeView attachment 137616
I try and stay positive, played the game, understand the ups and down and the realities. And, I probably would have taken 8-2 at the beginning of the season and been very happy, given we weren't even sure we'd play. And with this ***** year of politics and pandemics - football was desperatly needed.

But I will say, you weren't unfortunate about not seeing the game - you didin't leave with the Canes PTSD the rest of us left with. Don't watch it brother, dont watch it.

We didnā€™t get blown out.

We put on a HISTORIC, all time bad defensive performance to a team who lost to a team we beat by 40.

Blowouts happen, but what we witnessed yesterday was an alarming, sobering trend: We get destroyed by any team with good or better coaching.
You'll get over it.....

Advertisement
Bump.

I really need to talk to my wonderful sunshine ***** pumping slurpers and slurpettes.

Why should us logical or so- called MoPeS believe in the bs y'all pumping?

The slurpers are no where to be found. They are exhausted from pounding their chests after the Duke win. They will be hibernating for the winter even they canā€™t make an excuse for the biggest beat down in Miami history.

Usually the slurpers emerge the following year with their sunshine pumping machines. BUT
The good news is they wonā€™t be around long next year when Saban eviscerates Manny on live TV.
Ooooh. Thee sling darts not arrows...

Please give me a reason to believe. Please.

šŸ‘€
Ok, I'll give it a go:

Diaz is a second year Head Coach who has turned the programme around from a 6-7 abomination to a middling 7-2 team. Things are trending upwards.

I've highlighted the above because he's learning on the job. It is Blake James' fault for putting us in that situation, and wasting $4m of university money in the process (should have been fired for that gross misconduct alone), but it is what it is.

He's shown the ability to react to problems and quickly fix them - hence bringing in Lashlee (+ staff), King, Borregales and Hedley to turn the weakest positions of the 2019 team into the strongest positions of the 2020 team.

He needs to continue to self evaluate and realise that his scheme, and his underqualified defensive staff, aren't good enough to take Miami where everyone wants them to go.

He also needs to hold this recruiting class together and continue the process he started last year of bringing in Miami quality athletes - something we've been unable to consistently do for a while. Contrary to popular belief, he was handed a lemon by Richt.

How'd I do?

Advertisement
Manny isnā€™t Alpha and heā€™d never hire an alpha. Thereā€™s a reason why manny and his twink boss wanted no parts of Alonzo.
C'mon, no 'alpha' Head Coach wants Alonzo Highsmith looking over their shoulder. Saban wouldn't stand for it. Dabo wouldn't stand for it.

Of all the valid criticisms people have of Diaz, this one wildly misses the mark.

Ok, I'll give it a go:

Diaz is a second year Head Coach who has turned the programme around from a 6-7 abomination to a middling 7-2 team. Things are trending upwards.

I've highlighted the above because he's learning on the job. It is Blake James' fault for putting us in that situation, and wasting $4m of university money in the process (should have been fired for that gross misconduct alone), but it is what it is.

He's shown the ability to react to problems and quickly fix them - hence bringing in Lashlee (+ staff), King, Borregales and Hedley to turn the weakest positions of the 2019 team into the strongest positions of the 2020 team.

He needs to continue to self evaluate and realise that his scheme, and his underqualified defensive staff, aren't good enough to take Miami where everyone wants them to go.

He also needs to hold this recruiting class together and continue the process he started last year of bringing in Miami quality athletes - something we've been unable to consistently do for a while. Contrary to popular belief, he was handed a lemon by Richt.

How'd I do?
He helped build that lemon. The d recruiting has been meh at best especially at cb snd lb. Weā€™re in this shape on d because of him and his staff. Everything you said is true but he helped build this team , roster and culture on defense. Thatā€™s why you donā€™t hire from inside of failed staffs.

When they hired him Blake was pretty much saying ā€œ weā€™ll have a lot of growing pains and learning on the jobā€.

C'mon, no 'alpha' Head Coach wants Alonzo Highsmith looking over their shoulder. Saban wouldn't stand for it. Dabo wouldn't stand for it.

Of all the valid criticisms people have of Diaz, this one wildly misses the mark.
Heā€™s not those guys or in the same stratosphere.

My point is he wonā€™t hire anyone that wonā€™t go along with everything he says, he doesnā€™t want conflict. Heā€™s too fragile for that. Thereā€™s a reason he has all his boys on defense.

Advertisement
He helped build that lemon. The d recruiting has been meh at best especially at cb snd lb. Weā€™re in this shape on d because of him and his staff. Everything you said is true but he helped build this team , roster and culture on defense. Thatā€™s why you donā€™t hire from inside of failed staffs.

When they hired him Blake was pretty much saying ā€œ weā€™ll have a lot of growing pains and learning on the jobā€.

This. Mannyā€™s recruiting fails have been well documented by most of us over the past 4-5 years. You knew the chickens would come home to roost at some point. Some positions are definitely on the upward trajectory (OL, WR, RB) but defense is a big issue.

we canā€™t out-athlete folks with our defense which means scheme becomes more important.

Heā€™s not those guys or in the same stratosphere.

My point is he wonā€™t hire anyone that wonā€™t go along with everything he says, he doesnā€™t want conflict. Heā€™s too fragile for that. Thereā€™s a reason he has all his boys on defense.

This. Proof is in the pudding - look at his hires (especially on defense). The only one that had potential for butting heads was pen0s and that one didnā€™t last long.

No fog in my eyes brother. I completely agree with you on Manny. Didnā€™t love the hire and donā€™t think heā€™s anywhere near a UM level HC. With that said, weā€™re likely stuck with him for at least another year or two so Iā€™m trying to talk myself into ways he can make us compete lol. If thatā€™s the case he needs to do what Ed O did with LSU and basically lean on his coodinators to do everything and let himself be the mouth piece afterwards.
Manny has shown me NOTHING to prove he is HC material. Terrible after byes, team constantly out position, dumb undisciplined penalties happen frequently and there are no repercussions and players arenā€™t held accountable. Heā€™s already been the HC for 3-4 of UMs most embarrassing losses in program history in just under two years on the job.
That last sentence says it all. No rational person should still be slurping him

Advertisement
Back