Sleepwalking in Chapel Hill(thoughts on the UNC win)...

The pro offense, when ran with the right personnel, is the most complicated and hard to stop offense out there.

It is not the most complicated.

You're just clueless.

We ran the pro offense because that was Butch's background and we recruited future all-pros and it was dominating when run well.

Not because it was complex.
Nobody said we ran a pro because it was complex except your dumb ***. I said it IS the most complex offense to run. Hence why we’ve at times struggled. You need a great decision maker at QB tonbe good at it. We have not had a good decision maker at QB in a long time.

Advertisement
If Malek turns his head (reoccurring theme) he intercepts the pass on the trick play UNC score in the 3rd qtr. guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malek took the cheese on that play. Had nothing to do with the recurring internet theme of him not turning his head. He bit hard and came up in run support.

He did. But I’m rewatching and the first time around I thought the same thing. Looking at it now to me it seems the ball drifted in the air giving him time to make a play on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was in full sprint mode to get to the receiver as the ball was arriving. There was no time to turn and try to make a play. He fcked up taking the cheese.

The 2001 Canes Offense had how many NFL players on it? Pro Bowlers? Hall of Famers? That offense could've run triple option and still put up a ton of points, way too much talent to fail.

Scheme played some role, but if the same players from the 2001 offense were playing in Richt's scheme this year, we'd be 7-0 right now instead of 7-0..... Wait a minute....

Whats that have to do with do with the point ? Your lover gagger brought up the 2001 team not me. I just stated there was at least motions, reverses and different looks off the same action. Which is part of scheming , I was just fine talking about today's offenses and comparing apples with apples. No go bank and sign into to your other account

Uhh... I was kind of agreeing with you bud. The point was that the scheme don't matter when the players are that good.

I don't care what you two are arguing about, but bringing up the 01 offense to talk about Richt in 2017 is silly. There's no comparison.

you are clueless. Chud coached TE’s. He also coached fullbacks, along with Soldinger. Both coaches where responsible for them. You just read press clipping and data sheets. You have no idea who really did what that era.

This is comical.

The guy who didn't even know what players were on the team in question is now saying that I just read data sheets.

Soldinger was responsible for Running backs.

Chud wasn't.

DJ Williams played one year of fullback when Chud was Tight Ends coach.

He had 16 carries for 50 yards.

You said he tore it up under Chud along with Moss and Wayne (who never played for Chud either).

How many more things are you going to mangle?

Nobody said we ran a pro because it was complex except your dumb ***.

Apparently you don't pay attention to threads that you post multiple times in. Nor do you apparently pay attention to the players on the teams you comment on.

nystate or whatever his name is claimed that Chud ran a sophisticated offense.

He didn't.

You then swooped in to mangle facts about players and coaches.

Advertisement
You need a great decision maker at QB tonbe good at it. We have not had a good decision maker at QB in a long time.

Rosier is neither accurate nor does he have a great arm.

Those are his limitations.

But keep pretending that you're nailing it when in fact you're mangling it with every post.

The play calling reminds me of dnorfio defense, very predictable, doesn't make the defense think pre-snap

Zero creativity. Nothing to even make the d think something predictable is coming , then play off that. It's just the same ole crap.

"My athletes and speed" are enough is how he calls games.

Yep. How about a sweep/toss/pitch? Maybe some counters, reverses, end arounds? Maybe put Rosier under center with 3/4 wide, in the pistol, ****!!!

How many 2nd and 10s are we going to see the same MFing running play?

PREACH!!!!

Advertisement
We embarrassed ourselves yesterday. College football's a very funny game though. Just when everyone starts putting dirt on you and thinking you are almost certain to lose the next game, fortunes can dramatically change.

I think this was UNC's Super Bowl at home at 1-7. They were going to destroy our entire season yesterday.

Conversely, we showed up with the same approach that CIS had all week--"When we get up by 42 in the 2nd quarter, then will we see N'Kosi?". I've always noticed a parallel between our team's mindset and our fans' mindset. When our fans are overlooking an opponent, the team seems to almost always be overlooking them too.

No excuse for that performance yesterday. It was a disgrace from top to bottom. We were pretty crappy in all 3 phases against a terrible team. I'm hoping that's just what the doctor ordered because we're going to need to be firing on all cylinders this week.

Teams like VaTech and Notre Dame are peaking.

I tend to agree with your statement on team/fan "biorhythm" and hope it shows out this week versus VaTech. However, that Notre Dame game is a trainwreck in the making.

Miami's inability to get off the field on 3rd downs...its rush defense being in the bottom half...its inability to control TOP...

Not a good look at the moment.

Notre Dame is at a whole different level than Vag Tech. Vag Tech is a good workmanlike team. Notre Dame is playing as well or better than anyone in the country right now.

They took a good NCSU team and bludgeoned them to death. NCSU's a good run defense that they shredded to bits yesterday. Adams and Wimbush are a deadly combination in the run game, and that OL of theirs blows open monster holes in the middle of defenses, which has been a big problem for us. They're also very sound on defense. NCSU was a better offensive team than us going into that game, and ND throttled them.

Vag Tech doesn't run the ball all that well, but they play defense and disguise coverages and will likely confuse the **** out of Rosier and Rick.

No excuse for not beating Vag Tech. ND, though, we should be a fairly significant underdog. I hope Wake bangs up Adams and/or Wimbush a little this week.

I find it incredible how much better ND is this year by adding 2 new coordinators. Usually, that scapegoating of coordinators never works when a HC is teetering on the brink of firing.

Yep, their defense is real good. Good DCs can have the most impact (look at Diaz) but it’s much harder to be that much more improved on offense. Granted, they are not terribly proficient at passing but they are doing this with a young first year starter In wimbush. They have a clear identity and are intent at sticking with it - make of a good offense. We, otoh, haven’t had an identity on offense in eons.

Advertisement
Was at the game. The walk to the car after resembled a lost. Cane fans were very quiet.

This is the first time I’ve witness something like this. I was hoping to talk a lot of crap but after the way we played, Man I feel like coach Richt owns a refund on my airfare back to Miami. Absolutely hate their fan base.

News flash!!!! CMR, coaching staff, and current players are 7-0! We have two important home games coming up the next two weeks, and we need supporting fans...not complainers fill up the rock. We have the best opportunity to win the next three home games, and fans are talking about the past. This week, VT comes to town and CFB does not want the Canes to win, because they want ND, OSU, PSU, AL, Clemson, OK, and GA in the playoff.

VT is next on their wish list to beat the CANES, but not in our house! Diaz's defensive and reliable offensive will cause the ESPN panel of so call experts look stupid with their bias opinions...not facts. Let's just focus on Saturday night...get your ticket and bring a supportive voice. C.A.N.E.S. !

We didn't sleepwalk Saturday. Players all week were talking revenge for 2015 and payback and all that ****. ****, even Richt mentioned us not "whipping anybody" yet this season. We just aren't a very good team.

We're good--good enough to beat inferior teams. But not good enough to dominate inferiors teams like we should.

Part of it is an OL that can't own the LOS. Part of it is a wildly inconsistent QB. And a big part of it is Richt as a play caller. He isn't elite or creative. In fact he's pretty predictable.

Advertisement
The play calling reminds me of dnorfio defense, very predictable, doesn't make the defense think pre-snap

You know what offense was really predictable?

This, it's Jimmy's and Joe's not X's and O's. We are loaded with mediocre talent at two crucial spots, OL and QB, it's killing this team.

Yup. No amount of scheming, motion, or "jet sweeps" are going to make our OL block any better, so there will be bad plays due to sacks, pressures, batting balls down. And, even when Malik has a clean pocket, the misfires are all too common. Let's whittle down the number of successful plays still more, due to the persistent drops from our receivers when Malik does make a decent throw, and it perfectly explains where we are on offense after the UNC game. It's a good thing we do hit on the occasional big play.

The only thing lazier than the run game was that **** talkin announcers eye. I hope that gets fixed. Maybe the play calling was a little vanilla in hopes he pulls something Va Tech hasnt seen out of the bag.

you are clueless. Chud coached TE’s. He also coached fullbacks, along with Soldinger. Both coaches where responsible for them. You just read press clipping and data sheets. You have no idea who really did what that era.

This is comical.

The guy who didn't even know what players were on the team in question is now saying that I just read data sheets.

Soldinger was responsible for Running backs.

Chud wasn't.

DJ Williams played one year of fullback when Chud was Tight Ends coach.

He had 16 carries for 50 yards.

You said he tore it up under Chud along with Moss and Wayne (who never played for Chud either).

How many more things are you going to mangle?
Both Soldinger and Chud coached Fullbacks, if you chose to live in your fairy land and believe otherwise it's on you. DJ Williams was an awesome fullback, his blocking sprung key runs for JJ and Portis not to mention he also scored touchdowns for us when we struggled on the goal line. As a fullback that is tearing it up. We could certainly use some of that this year with this abysmal short yardage offense. Chud's offense is the same as Coker's offense. Even the terminology was the same. Moss, Wayne, Sands, Johnson, Williams, Najeh etc all played the same offense, and it was a highly potent attack. Your naive poo-pooing of the pro offense is laughable. It still remains one of the most versatile attacks in football. You like to nitpick one sub-point and try to prove your argument via that one sub-point, but you fail miserably, as by the evidence the pro offense shines well when ran by an effective team.

Advertisement
Back