Since 2009 vs UF and FSU tells the story

Tell me about Louisville, Clemson, Virginia, and NC State.

Louisville choked at home.

The team (and coach) that you love, blew it.

So did Virginia.

NC State lost to that year's version of the fluky national champion.

Clemson lost to maybe the hottest team that went all the way to Omaha.

But it was a bad postseason for the ACC.

You still flopped on your argument and are wrong on the ACC.

Advertisement
Tell me about Louisville, Clemson, Virginia, and NC State.

Louisville choked at home.

The team (and coach) that you love, blew it.

So did Virginia.

NC State lost to that year's version of the fluky national champion.

Clemson lost to maybe the hottest team that went all the way to Omaha.

But it was a bad postseason for the ACC.

You still flopped on your argument and are wrong on the ACC.

So you're sticking with "the ACC was the best conference because flawed ranking systems said so, even if the ACC was a joke in the post-season."

Got it.

I disagreed with the notion that Gino came in and fixed the recruiting, but I realized I blew it when I saw this list. Now I see that Gino is working miracles on the recruiting front.

Johnny Ruiz Senior
Carl Chester Junior -12th Round- 349th Pick- Rays
Edgar Michelangeli R-Senior
Chris Barr R-Senior
Michael Mediavilla Junior
Jeb Bargfeldt Junior
Hunter Tackett Junior
Daniel Epstein R-Sophomore
Alex Sanchez R-Sophomore
Michael Perez R-Junior
Barry Buchowski Senior
Cooper Hammond R-Junior
Joe Gomez Senior
Michael Burns R-Junior
Ryan Guerra Senior
Enrique Sosa R-Senior
James Davison Junior
Jesse Lepore Junior - 24th Round- 716th Pick- Rockies

And look at it this way, Aquinas, at least you'll be able to claim next year that we're "trending upward" again, although I hear Alabama A&M has a nice core of hitters coming in:

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 8.39.34 PM.jpg

And look at it this way, Aquinas, at least you'll be able to claim next year that we're "trending upward" again, although I hear Alabama A&M has a nice core of hitters coming in:

View attachment 46196

Jaromir why waste your time. Your point on the other thread was spot on. You have made great points here. Morris and staff failed. Those that support him can spin it as they like. Regardless the streak ended under his watch and the school is doing a disservice to the program keeping a lame duck coach on staff for another year, with a coach in waiting that is part of the problem.

Advertisement
Miami attended the College World Series in both 2015 and 2016. That is the pinnacle of College Baseball. Indisputable!

They had one of the best pitching staffs in the NCAA this year, albeit they wore down during the course of the season.

We will see what happens during 2018. I can guarantee one thing. The gnome will belittle, lambaste and excoriate UM during the entire course of the 2018 season. That is the only thing guaranteed to occur.

Miami attended the College World Series in both 2015 and 2016. That is the pinnacle of College Baseball. Indisputable!

They had one of the best pitching staffs in the NCAA this year, albeit they wore down during the course of the season.

We will see what happens during 2018. I can guarantee one thing. The gnome will belittle, lambaste and excoriate UM during the entire course of the 2018 season. That is the only thing guaranteed to occur.

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read in my 21 years of living. Attending, not winning, is the pinnacle of college baseball lol...yup I said the same thing to my dad "Dad, I don't care about winning I just want to attend the CWS"...."I don't want to win the World Series, I just want to attend it" lol.

Oh it's also guaranteed that Morris will call for sac bunts as soon as a runner gets on first no matter who's hitting, he's also going to leave pitchers on the mound too long when they get in trouble and blow a lead because of it, oh and let's not forget his take 2 strikes approach at the plate.

You know the same things you've told both of us you don't understand.....I know but "muh stats" that have a crap ton of confounding variables you don't bring up.

Last edited:
I would wager my entire savings.....that Morris is 10x more of a "winner" than you are.

The final four of NCAA baseball is Omaha. The moment Morris returned in 2015 and 2016, he debunked your arguments. You enjoyed his failure in 2017, as all Gators did, but he is still elite. We will see what happens in 2018.

I love how these guys demand "constant dominance" as they shuffle over to the concierge desk of a hotel. Am curios Zylophone , what does an all-time "hitter" like yourself do on a daily basis? What are you "dominating" on a daily basis? The posters utilizing the best grammar and sentence structure seem to ardently support Morris, while the ones who demonstrate 7th grade writing ability demand "constant dominance". The correlation's results seem clear.......

Advertisement
I would wager my entire savings.....that Morris is 10x more of a "winner" than you are.

The final four of NCAA baseball is Omaha. The moment Morris returned in 2015 and 2016, he debunked your arguments. You enjoyed his failure in 2017, as all Gators did, but he is still elite. We will see what happens in 2018.

I love how these guys demand "constant dominance" as they shuffle over to the concierge desk of a hotel. Am curios Zylophone , what does an all-time "hitter" like yourself do on a daily basis? What are you "dominating" on a daily basis? The posters utilizing the best grammar and sentence structure seem to ardently support Morris, while the ones who demonstrate 7th grade writing ability demand "constant dominance". The correlation's results seem clear.......

Lmfao oh I'm sorry professor, I didn't know I was writing a 10 page paper about the miscorrelation of your stats. Don't get mad that I took stats in college and know that 75% of the stats you bring up are whipped out by other conflicting stats that'll destroy your case.

It's not about dominance, it's about decision making that have lead up to this point. If you did your research(like I did) there's about 40 players from the last 3 recruiting classes that played at schools that either had or played against our players in high school and they chose other players over them. It goes from UCF, FAU, FGCU, USF, and even UF and FSU that if we actually chose to pursue them we would've had them(Does Jonathan India and Pavin Smith ring a bell? Yea I know both of them). Apparently that degree from Dartmouth didn't come with any kind of critical thinking capability.

Last edited:

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read in my 21 years of living. Attending, not winning, is the pinnacle of college baseball lol...yup I said the same thing to my dad "Dad, I don't care about winning I just want to attend the CWS"...."I don't want to win the World Series, I just want to attend it" lol.

Oh it's also guaranteed that Morris will call for sac bunts as soon as a runner gets on first no matter who's hitting, he's also going to leave pitchers on the mound too long when they get in trouble and blow a lead because of it, oh and let's not forget his take 2 strikes approach at the plate.

You know the same things you've told both of us you don't understand.....I know but "muh stats" that have a crap ton of confounding variables you don't bring up.

You know if you're not bright enough to get the context of what he's saying you really shouldn't comment. Considering there are roughly 300 teams playing D1 college baseball and eight make it to Omaha that means less than 3% make it. Compare that to fact that 18% of college basketball teams make the field of 64 I'd say making the CWS is pretty **** good/difficult.
Those are "muh stats".

You know if you're not bright enough to get the context of what he's saying you really shouldn't comment. Considering there are roughly 300 teams playing D1 college baseball and eight make it to Omaha that means less than 3% make it. Compare that to fact that 18% of college basketball teams make the field of 64 I'd say making the CWS is pretty **** good/difficult.
Those are "muh stats".

Stfu, there is no context about being happy about finishing 4th. There is no context for playing ****** baseball once we get there.

Last time I checked, Mark Richt was fired from Georgia because he couldn't win a championship there, Mark Jackson was fired by Golden State because he couldn't get them past the conference finals, Scott Brooks was fired for the same reason, and don't forget about hockey coaches who seem to have the shortest leash. I could on and on, they were fired because they kept failing and sports is a what have you done for me lately kind of business, not a even though you won two championships with the last one being 2001 and apparently you forgot how to even get to the championship game, I guess I'll keep you around kind of business.

Why is it so hard for you simpletons to understand that?

Last edited:
That answers my question....

I work in the Bay area in tech. All of us here fear for our job every single day. We love the area, love the job and love the people, but one can lose it in the blink of an eye. Part of my frustration stems from realizing how RARE someone like Morris is. He floundered for 6-years, "righted the ship" and made us elite again in 2015 and 2016. Morris dug deep and outperformed ~98% of his peers at the end of his tenure. These guys flounder their ENTIRE LIVES, but have to subject us to cries of "continuous dominance or out"....

Yes, 2017 was a disaster, but there was marked improvement. Not enough to beat a UNC, but the team did end ~20-12. If our pitchers do not wear down during the latter half of the season, it could have been special. [Five runs was more than enough in the beginning of the season.] Also, the team NEVER quit and it excelled during the latter half. He had 5 returning seniors that had all batted over 0.300. Strategy was airtight. It failed but was infallibly logical.

Advertisement

I work in the Bay area in tech. All of us here fear for our job every single day. We love the area, love the job and love the people, but one can lose it in the blink of an eye. Part of my frustration stems from realizing how RARE someone like Morris is. He floundered for 6-years, "righted the ship" and made us elite again in 2015 and 2016. Morris dug deep and outperformed ~98% of his peers at the end of his tenure. These guys flounder their ENTIRE LIVES, but have to subject us to cries of "continuous dominance or out"....

Yes, 2017 was a disaster, but there was marked improvement. Not enough to beat a UNC, but the team did end ~20-12. If our pitchers do not wear down during the latter half of the season, it could have been special. [Five runs was more than enough in the beginning of the season.] Also, the team NEVER quit and it excelled during the latter half. He had 5 returning seniors that had all batted over 0.300. Strategy was airtight. It failed but was infallibly logical.

I don't know if you could be a bigger dunce. You literally have no idea what you're looking at.

The Dartmouth stat guy is reduced to assuming I floundered my life away whe he's a dime a dozen tech guy. All because he doesn't know **** about baseball and has nothing better to say other than "Well I think he's better than you" like he's a 10 year old kid.

Last edited:
Buddy... My assumptions are based on your: writing skills, vocabulary, ability to express rational thought and knowledge. Am sure that you will never match Morris.

I also know that you and your counterpart - i.e. the sanitary napkin from Key West - are comprised of comparable ilk.

So basically you are okay with the streak ending because Morris had a rebirth the prior two years. You also feel he is due one more year. I just disagree.

What you fail to see is that our two biggest instate rivals are having success we are not acheviving. UF basically owns us at this point and FSU now has the longest active streak. Yes, we have 4 to their 0, but 2001 was a long time ago. They are both at the CWS, and we are at home. Heck, about 6 schools from the state made a regional and we were not one, does that not tell you there is a major issue.

Appreciate your passion for the team, but we (a change is needed crowd) have just as much. We, at least me, just believe a lame duck season is counterproductive.

Advertisement
Buddy... My assumptions are based on your: writing skills, vocabulary, ability to express rational thought and knowledge. I'm sure that you will never match Morris.

I also know that you and your counterpart - i.e. the sanitary napkin from Key West - are comprised of comparable ilk.

Fixed it for you Dartmouth guy lol. Pretty sad that the 21 year old acts more like an adult than the geezer on the other side

I shouldn't be surprised though since you probably have an IQ equivalency of a brick

Canesderrrrponent strikes again

Last edited:
All you need to know is that the guy claiming to be smarter than everyone has claimed that there are 283 D1 teams and then claimed there are 294 D1 teams.......and the truth is there are 299 D1 teams. The guy claiming to know more than anyone can't even get a basic, verifiable fact correct. But we have people falling for his made up, meaningless stats?

I just wonder why such a big fan didn't post while we were losing to intramural teams like Dartmouth and Rutgers.

Here's more proof of his incompetence: I have never been past Key Largo in my life, I'm a professional with two degrees, but the guy is convinced that I work for a hotel in Key West.

The 'sanitary napkin' speaks........... Not the same effect as E.F. Hutton, though..........

Another innocuous fact from the gnome..... Hey gnome, wiki says 283 and NCAA has a different number.

One other thing 'Einstein': 2/283=0.70% and 2/299=0.67. Does not matter........... This is why you do what you do in ALL facets of your life.

Advertisement
Back