Since 2009 vs UF and FSU tells the story

But remind us how DiMare came in and fixed everything while I see if we indeed finished in the bottom 10% in the NCAA in hitting.

I will.

In fact when your cronies like tcgrad were whining that Morris "wasn't doing anything to fix this!" in 2012, I was saying that he already had.

He fired his lead assistant after a 38-win season and Regional appearance because that wasn't good enough.

I had to endure you fools for a few more years before the results came.

Yeah, the results sure came in. With flying colors. Looking forward to DiMare getting us back into the NCAA Tournament with his recruiting and hitting prowess.

Advertisement
The program was never "ascending".

WINS
2012: 36
2013: 37
2014: 44
2015: 50
2016: 50

RPI
2012: 12
2013: 19
2014: 15
2015: 1
2016: 3

All of our offensive and defensive categories trended up as well but you don't care about facts so I'll save myself the effort.

The program was never "ascending".

WINS
2012: 36
2013: 37
2014: 44
2015: 50
2016: 50

RPI
2012: 12
2013: 19
2014: 15
2015: 1
2016: 3

All of our offensive and defensive categories trended up as well but you don't care about facts so I'll save myself the effort.

All you did was agree with my point. You don't know what you're watching, so you rely on win totals.

And save us the laughable RPI posts. Good grief. 2012 is all you need to know about how that metric evaluates a baseball team. That team wasn't any good even before we mailed in the home regional.

Advertisement
You don't know what you're watching, so you rely on win totals.

BA, SLG, OBP, ERA.

All trending better.

Across the board improvement in wins, tournament seeding and statistical output.

But we weren't better.

A better man would be ashamed to be you right now.

Then we had the luckiest two year stretch in Super Regional history.

A national seed being heavily favored in their super regional.

That's not luck.

But you're the same guy who was celebrating Texas A&M (who played 4-seed Davidson) and Florida State (who played 3-seed Sam Houston State).

They were non-national seeds who would have been heavy road underdogs in their super regional.

They were actually in the luckiest teams. Not a figment of your imagination like 2015 and 2016 Miami.

2017 was just proof that I called it all along. That's the part that you can't handle.

Not that I can't handle it. You're just lying. Again.

To repeat:

You said the 2015 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

You said the 2016 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

I don't recall you saying that the streak would end in 2017 but let's be charitable and give that to you.

So you're 33% accuracy has you prancing around as if you called something?

Typically laughable.

Advertisement
We built a paper tiger record against a woefully inflated ACC.

ACC ratings

RPI: 2nd
ISR: 2nd
ELO: 2nd

RPI: 1st
ISR: 2nd
ELO: 1st

So the consensus # 2 conference (or #1 in 2016) is woefully inflated.

Gotcha.

Do you not understand what "inflated" means? Holy cow, did you miss this one. I know the conference was highly rated, that's what makes it "inflated". Get it? If their ranking was #7 , they wouldn't be "inflated".

One last try: being "inflated" means they weren't anywhere as good as what the rankings said they were. Notice what FSU and Louisville did in their supers in 2016. Of course, they didn't have the luxury of playing Boston College.

Please tell me you didn't really think you had a point here.

One last try: being "inflated" means they weren't anywhere as good as what the rankings said they were. Notice what FSU and Louisville did in their supers in 2016.

So your evidence that the ACC is inflated is a team that swept through their regional and lost their super regional on the road in 3 games to a national seed?

These are the reasons why you whiff so badly on this stuff.

Advertisement
Please tell me you didn't really think you had a point here.

My point is that you have no point. Just words. You just say that it's inflated and then drop the mic like your slow friend ucaned.

You have provided exactly zero evidence that the ACC is inflated.

You actually used a non-national seed losing on the road in 3 games to a national seed as proof that the ACC is weak.

That is among the stupidest arguments that this board has ever seen.

And tcgrad posts frequently.

Advertisement
One last try: being "inflated" means they weren't anywhere as good as what the rankings said they were. Notice what FSU and Louisville did in their supers in 2016.

So your evidence that the ACC is inflated is a team that swept through their regional and lost their super regional on the road in 3 games to a national seed?

These are the reasons why you whiff so badly on this stuff.

The conference that you so proudly display as #1 or #2 sent one team to Omaha and that team went 0-2. FSU had a tough road? Fine. Tell me about Louisville, Clemson, Virginia, and NC State. You know, the other ACC teams that propped the conference up to #1 .

You blew that one. Badly.

The evidence is how those teams performed in the post-season.

So Florida State performed exactly to seed. They lost to a national seed on the road in 3 games.

But you really think that proves your point?

Wow.

Virginia, NC State, Louisville, Clemson.

Zero wins in Omaha for the entire conference.

Any more evidence needed? How about if you quit relying on rankings and tell me why the ACC was in fact the best conference.

Advertisement
Back