Since 2009 vs UF and FSU tells the story

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
Combined 20 wins, 43 losses

vs UF: 9 wins, 26 losses (including an amazing stretch of post-season ineptitude resulting in a record of 0 wins and 8 losses)
vs FSU: 11 wins, 17 losses

Beating FIU, Columbia, Virginia Commonwealth, Stetson, Long Beach State, and Boston College to get to back to back CWS in '15 and '16 (followed by a combined 1-4 in Omaha) does nothing to reverse this obvious slide. The program is in bad shape. Hopefully this season was rock bottom. Unfortunately, it feels like we're only up to Larry Coker....

Advertisement
Obviously the school doesn't give a **** what happens to the baseball program. This should have been addressed at least five years ago. Unless changes are made to this train wreck soon the program will die.Needs a complete overover just like the football program. The coaching completely sucks. Putting the son of a wealthy alum in charge will be the death of baseball at this university. No reason for a program IN MIAMI to be this bad with all the baseball played down here. No excuse for all this local talent to be going somewhere else. FGCU's program is only about ten years and it's already miles ahead of us. Just glad Ron Fraser isn't alive to see what a POS his team has become.

Last edited:
No reason for a program IN MIAMI to be this bad with all the baseball played down here. No excuse for all this local talent to be going somewhere else. FGCU's program is only about ten years and it's already miles ahead of us. Just glad Ron Fraser isn't alive to see what a POS his team has become.[/QUOTE said:
You rant a lot but never provide any facts to back it up. Does the program need change, yes, but what does the baseball played in Miami have to do with it?
You sound like the guys that claimed that MLB in Miami would be a huge success because of the Latin population, we all see how that's working out.
You can't expect a kid from Miami to take a partial scholarship to Miami and leave his family with a nut of possibly 30K or more when he can go to a number of schools and get exposure and experience.
I'm also curious to know what has elevated FGCU so many miles ahead of Miami all of the sudden. Is it their 4-17 record vs Miami?

vs UF: 9 wins, 26 losses (including an amazing stretch of post-season ineptitude resulting in a record of 0 wins and 8 losses)
vs FSU: 11 wins, 17 losses

I thought the "story" was winning the CWS?

If that's the case then, since 2009.....

CWS Championships
Miami - 0
FSU - 0
UF - 0

Advertisement
Beating FIU, Columbia, Virginia Commonwealth, Stetson, Long Beach State, and Boston College to get to back to back CWS in '15 and '16 (followed by a combined 1-4 in Omaha) does nothing to reverse this obvious slide.

This is a very stupid point to make.

In 2015 and 2016, Miami was a national seed. That means they were one of the 8 best teams in the country. So therefore they were SEEDED into Omaha. In other words they would have been favored against anybody in their path.

What's more is that they had the most wins vs. the RPI top 50 in those two years.

Stop saying that they got lucky or played weak competition. All it does is prove your ignorance. It would be like saying that the 2001 football team deserves no credit because they played Nebraska when they would've been favored to beat anybody in the country.

Beating FIU, Columbia, Virginia Commonwealth, Stetson, Long Beach State, and Boston College to get to back to back CWS in '15 and '16 (followed by a combined 1-4 in Omaha) does nothing to reverse this obvious slide.

This is a very stupid point to make.

In 2015 and 2016, Miami was a national seed. That means they were one of the 8 best teams in the country. So therefore they were SEEDED into Omaha. In other words they would have been favored against anybody in their path.

What's more is that they had the most wins vs. the RPI top 50 in those two years.

Stop saying that they got lucky or played weak competition. All it does is prove your ignorance. It would be like saying that the 2001 football team deserves no credit because they played Nebraska when they would've been favored to beat anybody in the country.

Here we go.

We have shown over and over and over that we can't handle ourselves against #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament. We might have been favored against anyone in our path, but we got the gift of playing Virginia Commonwealth and Boston College instead of real baseball teams. Even with those gifts, we still managed to lose one to Columbia and one to Boston College. When we reached Omaha, we didn't even compete.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Correct. It is more important and more relevant to point to 2001.

Talk about lazy. This is what lazy analysis looks like.

The greatest investors of all-time have bad years. If they had two great years in 2015-2016, you'd ask them to quit if they had a bad one in 2017?

I always want to compete against this kind of short-term, knee-jerk thinking.

Correct. It is more important and more relevant to point to 2001.

Talk about lazy. This is what lazy analysis looks like.

The greatest investors of all-time have bad years. If they had two great years in 2015-2016, you'd ask them to quit if they had a bad one in 2017?

I always want to compete against this kind of short-term, knee-jerk thinking.

If they had a bad year in 2017 while other investors had great years, and this bad year was the result of poor planning, then yes, I would look for a different investor.

I love it when Piccolo's analogies end up making my own point.

If they had a bad year in 2017 while other investors had great years, and this bad year was the result of poor planning, then yes, I would look for a different investor.

So, again, you're knee-jerking based on one year. As usual.

Hunter Tackett hit .400 and was a JUCO All-American. I don't think his poor season was a product of poor planning. Just like I don't think Michael Amditis breaking his leg was poor planning.

Not every backup plan is a good one. Hence why it's a backup plan. Years like this are inevitable and we've been ale to avoid them almost entirely for 44 years.

So, again, you're knee-jerking based on one year. As usual.

Hunter Tackett hit .400 and was a JUCO All-American. I don't think his poor season was a product of poor planning. Just like I don't think Michael Amditis breaking his leg was poor planning.

Not every backup plan is a good one. Hence why it's a backup plan. Years like this are inevitable and we've been ale to avoid them almost entirely for 44 years.

You can't have it both ways. Either I called it years ago and got lucky, or I'm knee-jerking in 2017 out of nowhere. Pick one theory and stick to it.

I love it how a JUCO transfer and a freshman catcher were the difference between "DiMare is a great recruiter" and "why can't we score a run at home against Dartmouth".

Advertisement
You can't have it both ways. Either I called it years ago and got lucky, or I'm knee-jerking in 2017 out of nowhere. Pick one theory and stick to it.

No matter what claims you make your support is always of small sample sizes and what happened yesterday.

You just said that Miami should "look for a different investor" because of poor planning for 2017.

That same planning philosophy has produced one of the winningest programs of the last 25 years and more recently the last 4 years.

I love it how a JUCO transfer and a freshman catcher were the difference between "DiMare is a great recruiter" and "why can't we score a run at home against Dartmouth".

I didn't say that it was. You just made that part up.

You derided the staff for poor planning but two guys they were absolutely depending on didn't produce or got injured and missed the season.

Any one small change gets us in the tournament. Even outside of our control (like Rice not walking-off in their conference championship). So, yes, Tackett hitting somewhere close to his ability and Amditis replacing Gomez's 50+ starts would've made a difference.

No matter what claims you make your support is always of small sample sizes and what happened yesterday.

You just said that Miami should "look for a different investor" because of poor planning for 2017.

That same planning philosophy has produced one of the winningest programs of the last 25 years and more recently the last 4 years.

That is completely false and shows how little you know about all of this. No one in baseball, Morris included, is doing things the same way in 2017 as they were in 1992. What an idiotic statement.

Advertisement

I didn't say that it was. You just made that part up.

You derided the staff for poor planning but two guys they were absolutely depending on didn't produce or got injured and missed the season.

Any one small change gets us in the tournament. Even outside of our control (like Rice not walking-off in their conference championship). So, yes, Tackett hitting somewhere close to his ability and Amditis replacing Gomez's 50+ starts would've made a difference.

And that difference would have meant sweating on the good side instead of sweating on the bad side. Either way, the roster was terrible in 2017. It wasn't all just bad luck.

So you mean to tell me we have to endure the streak ending AND the pro-Jim Morris ******** sticking up for him? This is too much.

That is completely false and shows how little you know about all of this. No one in baseball, Morris included, is doing things the same way in 2017 as they were in 1992. What an idiotic statement.

You said they were though.

Regardless, the head coach who has implemented whatever recruiting strategy he chooses has been as successful as anybody in the game.

Either way, the roster was terrible in 2017. It wasn't all just bad luck.

Agreed.

The problem is that you don't just leave it at that and understand that for every one bad roster we've had 3 or 4 CWS teams.

And that's being super kind to your criticisms.

Advertisement
Back