Since 2009 vs UF and FSU tells the story

The 'sanitary napkin' speaks........... Not the same effect as E.F. Hutton, though..........

Another innocuous fact from the gnome..... Hey gnome, wiki says 283 and NCAA has a different number.

One other thing 'Einstein': 2/283=0.70% and 2/299=0.67. Does not matter........... This is why you do what you do in ALL facets of your life.

A stat guy is saying that one of the key numbers in a formula "does not matter"?

And who relies on Wikipedia in 2017? Good lord.

What we've learned tonight: (1) he can't figure out how many D1 baseball teams there are, (2) he uses Wikipedia, and (3) there is no difference between .67 and .70. Probably not the guy you want doing your taxes.

Advertisement
The 'sanitary napkin' speaks........... Not the same effect as E.F. Hutton, though..........

Another innocuous fact from the gnome..... Hey gnome, wiki says 283 and NCAA has a different number.

One other thing 'Einstein': 2/283=0.70% and 2/299=0.67. Does not matter........... This is why you do what you do in ALL facets of your life.

Quit with the personal attacks.

That sounds really intelligent gnome. So if Morris' winninng percentage was 69.41% versus 69.11%, then you would stop lambasting him. Yes, that is definitely a "gnome statement".

Well........... Let us hope that Morris increases his winning percentage by those 30-basis points that you require!

Last edited:
By the way, Wikipedia is one of the 8 most predictive independent variables in the motion picture industry. I will let the 6 studios know that they need to stop incorporating this predictor in their models. [Mind you, their required rate of return is ~66%, so they may end up disdaining your opinion as much as we do..........]

Miami attended the College World Series in both 2015 and 2016. That is the pinnacle of College Baseball. Indisputable!

They had one of the best pitching staffs in the NCAA this year, albeit they wore down during the course of the season.

We will see what happens during 2018. I can guarantee one thing. The gnome will belittle, lambaste and excoriate UM during the entire course of the 2018 season. That is the only thing guaranteed to occur.

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read in my 21 years of living. Attending, not winning, is the pinnacle of college baseball lol...yup I said the same thing to my dad "Dad, I don't care about winning I just want to attend the CWS"...."I don't want to win the World Series, I just want to attend it" lol.

Oh it's also guaranteed that Morris will call for sac bunts as soon as a runner gets on first no matter who's hitting, he's also going to leave pitchers on the mound too long when they get in trouble and blow a lead because of it, oh and let's not forget his take 2 strikes approach at the plate.

You know the same things you've told both of us you don't understand.....I know but "muh stats" that have a crap ton of confounding variables you don't bring up.

You know if you're not bright enough to get the context of what he's saying you really shouldn't comment. Considering there are roughly 300 teams playing D1 college baseball and eight make it to Omaha that means less than 3% make it. Compare that to fact that 18% of college basketball teams make the field of 64 I'd say making the CWS is pretty **** good/difficult.
Those are "muh stats".

Stfu, there is no context about being happy about finishing 4th. There is no context for playing ****ty baseball once we get there.

Last time I checked, Mark Richt was fired from Georgia because he couldn't win a championship there, Mark Jackson was fired by Golden State because he couldn't get them past the conference finals, Scott Brooks was fired for the same reason, and don't forget about hockey coaches who seem to have the shortest leash. I could on and on, they were fired because they kept failing and sports is a what have you done for me lately kind of business, not a even though you won two championships with the last one being 2001 and apparently you forgot how to even get to the championship game, I guess I'll keep you around kind of business.

Why is it so hard for you simpletons to understand that?

I actually never said I don't think it's time for a change I was simply pointing how moronic your post was and the fact that it's very difficult to make the CWS.
In fact I don't believe anyone has said it's not time for change, the argument has been with those who are insistent that's he's been a failure for years, who has been debunked left and right.
One think that never fails to impress me is how certain Miami "fans" take such unprecedented joy in bashing their own coaches and players.
I'd love for a requirement of posting to be to list your personal accomplishments first, you know...for perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
By the way, Wikipedia is one of the 8 most predictive independent variables in the motion picture industry. I will let the 6 studios know that they need to stop incorporating this predictor in their models. [Mind you, their required rate of return is ~66%, so they may end up disdaining your opinion as much as we do..........]

That would be a cool story if we were predicting things in the motion picture industry. Instead, we were talking about how many college baseball teams there are, and you relied on Wikipedia for at least one of your posts. Who knows where you got the other number. Either way, you were incorrect.

That sounds really intelligent gnome. So if Morris' winninng percentage was 69.41% versus 69.11%, then you would stop lambasting him. Yes, that is definitely a "gnome statement".

Well........... Let us hope that Morris increases his winning percentage by those 30-basis points that you require!

Oh, it's not about a slight difference in a percentage. It's about outing the know-it-all who can't seem to nail down the most basic facts before making up stats.

i see a lot of participation trophy winners in this thread

y'all just cool with going to omaha in 2 years? i understand if we went every year but going 2 years is a pinnacle? jesus

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back