Signing Day Highlights

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because we won't end up 15-20 scholarship players short. Mario isn't new to this game, we will attack the late signing period and the portal.
Right, which is why I’m only a little worried and noted that putting together a staff should help us in the portal…

I’m a little worried.

I don’t blame Mario, obviously. But to sign only 6-7 kids (hopefully Kelly), leaves us down 15-20 scholarship players on our roster. It’s like a mega 1 year sanction.

I’m surprised, if the reports are true, that Mario backed off our only OL commit when we have a few guys declaring for the draft. We need bodies and depth.

Hopefully we can make up some ground in the portal. We need to put together a staff ASAP so the portal guys who know their position coaches will be.

Edit: meant to reply to MichiCane

DUDE. 6 commits right NOW after we dropped two projects. More coming today. Maybe more coming Friday. More coming by Feb LOI day. And 7-8 impact portal kids.

At what point are you going to start trusting our world-class coach?

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

I’m a little worried.

I don’t blame Mario, obviously. But to sign only 6-7 kids (hopefully Kelly), leaves us down 15-20 scholarship players on our roster. It’s like a mega 1 year sanction.

I’m surprised, if the reports are true, that Mario backed off our only OL commit when we have a few guys declaring for the draft. We need bodies and depth.

Hopefully we can make up some ground in the portal. We need to put together a staff ASAP so the portal guys who know their position coaches will be.

Edit: meant to reply to MichiCane
It's been stated in a lot of places that Mario is gonna hit the portal hard this year. And you also realize I'm sure that even if we only sign 6-7 today, maybe a few more, that's not the final number we'll land at. We may end up around 13-15 HS signees, and then a number of portal kids to bring us up to a normalish class size (maybe on the smaller side). There's no "mega 1 year sanction" scenario in the cards

Advertisement
DUDE. 6 commits right NOW after we dropped two projects. More coming today. Maybe more coming Friday. More coming by Feb LOI day. And 7-8 impact portal kids.

At what point are you going to start trusting our world-class coach?

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE
Like I said, not Mario’s fault and hopefully we hit the portal hard. Just, key word, a little worried for our roster depth.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because your post makes it seem like there isn't a NSD in February. No mention that we can bring in more guys between now and then. You just went straight to hoping we make up ground in the portal.
My post specifically said we can hit the portal and make up some ground, so yeah we can bring in more guys.

We can bring in more HS guys but the pool is getting a lot smaller after today and I haven’t really heard any targets we’re on besides Shemar and Coleman, which are both battles. Again, hopefully we’ll make up ground post-ESD.

Advertisement
Back