SIAP, story on Tate Martell and UM offense on ESPN.com...

I think that's what most posters don't get. Martell initially struggled under center because he hasn't done it since his sophomore year of HS. That doesn't mean Enos's offense is going to be run from under center, it is just a base offense that let's him compare apples to apples (it would take too much time to design 3 separate offenses to accentuate each QBs skills). Once he has a better feel for who is showing the most promise and can get it down to 2 qbs, he will start incorporating the wrinkles that compliment the player (maybe more deep shots for Perry, more QB runs for Martell). I think that's where we're at now and Martell is starting to pull away from the other two QBs.

Enos and Diaz will then decide which qb pairs best with the defense (team will be defense first). My guess is that the more Mobile QB gets the nod. Then after the qb competition is decided, Enos will fully tailor his offense to suit his starter's strengths.
Imo the competition is over. The only way Kosi or Jarren would have won is if they looked years better than the competition. They didn't, and I don't see them making that huge leap in 3 months either.

Tate won the job bc of money and coaches ego, but most of all he won bc of he is the better QB.
U0oaHnP.gif
ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

Advertisement
Imo the competition is over. The only way Kosi or Jarren would have won is if they looked years better than the competition. They didn't, and I don't see them making that huge leap in 3 months either.

Tate won the job bc of money and coaches ego, but most of all he won bc of he is the better QB.
View attachment 85572View attachment 85573
It's getting to the point that I have to agree with you...The other QBs have had sufficient amounts of time to seperate themselves...
I feel if Martell would've been here the equal amount of time as the others...There would be No question who the starter would be.
Again...I have no dog in this fight, and I'm not giving Martell preferential treatment...But the others have had 2yrs of a head start.

It's getting to the point that I have to agree with you...The other QBs have had sufficient amounts of time to seperate themselves...
I feel if Martell would've been here the equal amount of time as the others...There would be No question who the starter would be.
Again...I have no dog in this fight, and I'm not giving Martell preferential treatment...But the others have had 2yrs of a head start.
I think u agreeing with me is a CIS first.

But no seriously unless Jarren or Kosi make MAJOR strides this summer, Tate is going to start. At this point I'm just hoping we are able to keep one of them on the roster. Idk where Kosi's grades are but I could see a scenario where he graduates next year and grad transfers out.

I think u agreeing with me is a CIS first.

But no seriously unless Jarren or Kosi make MAJOR strides this summer, Tate is going to start. At this point I'm just hoping we are able to keep one of them on the roster. Idk where Kosi's grades are but I could see a scenario where he graduates next year and grad transfers out.
Again...I have absolutely NO problem with either Kosi or Jarren grabbing the #1 Spot none whatsoever...I think the entire problem falls on terrible QB evaluating and QB Coaching....Its been an absolute joke...and not just the last couple of yrs...

One thing I Love about Tate...Is the ability to make plays and improvise when the pocket breaks down...which we'll probably see this yr more often than not...If we had an excellent OL...things would be different...Our OL this yr will not allow a QB to sit back ala Dorsey....Pocket presence is always important...more so this coming yr...

Advertisement
Another thing...Tate had much better coaching in HS than the other 2...Especially Kosi....My buddy who lives in Ocala told me a couple of yrs ago that Kosi's coaching in HS was an absolute Joke...It kinda bummed me out at the time...but as time went on I saw he was correct...Go from **** poor HS QB coaching, to having Jon Richt grab a hold of you, was, and is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
Another thing...Tate had much better coaching in HS than the other 2...Especially Kosi....My buddy who lives in Ocala told me a couple of yrs ago that Kosi's coaching in HS was an absolute Joke...It kinda bummed me out at the time...but as time went on I saw he was correct...Go from **** poor HS QB coaching, to having Jon Richt grab a hold of you, was, and is a recipe for disaster.
As well as college, I mean Day and Urban vs the Rorcht's? Lulz

Advertisement

View attachment 85572View attachment 85573

What are you talking about?

Fields won his competition, and he just got to Ohio State.

Hurts won his competition, and he just got to Oklahoma.

Martell finished the spring 3rd on the depth chart. He's got ground to make up to be top 2, so he can't have already "won" it.

Based on the spring, alone, Martell being gifted the starting QB spot would be a HUGE red flag for Diaz and Enos.

Folks need to remember ... Martell was BEHIND Joe Burrows at Ohio State. And Burrows wasn't all that great at LSU ...

Fields won his competition, and he just got to Ohio State.

Hurts won his competition, and he just got to Oklahoma.

Martell finished the spring 3rd on the depth chart. He's got ground to make up to be top 2, so he can't have already "won" it.

Based on the spring, alone, Martell being gifted the starting QB spot would be a HUGE red flag for Diaz and Enos.

Folks need to remember ... Martell was BEHIND Joe Burrows at Ohio State. And Burrows wasn't all that great at LSU ...
Tate did not finish 3rd on the depth chart...

Tate did not finish 3rd on the depth chart...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...r-three-things-to-know-possible-destinations/

3. Is Ohio State's quarterback competition over? With Burrow's departure, Ohio State's quarterback battle suddenly gains a lot of clarity. Though Burrow was sharp in the Buckeyes' spring game -- he led all quarterbacks with 234 yards and two touchdowns on 15-of-22 passing -- redshirt sophomore Dwayne Haskins has generally been considered the favorite to win the starting job for next season. He was the team's No. 2 quarterback last season behind J.T. Barrett, throwing for 565 yards, four touchdowns and a pick.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/9/17336652/joe-burrow-lsu-ohio-state-transfer

For more than a year, Burrow has been locked in a competition with Dwayne Haskins to be the heir-apparent to J.T. Barrett as the Buckeyes’ starting quarterback. Following the spring game in April 2017, Burrow appeared to have the lead over then-redshirt freshman Haskins. However, an injury less than a week before the start of the season stunted his progress, and Haskins thrived in the back-up role, especially against Michigan.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ns-joe-burrow-qb-competition-is-neck-and-neck

"Joe and Dwayne are neck-and-neck," Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer said Tuesday when discussing the quarterback race between Haskins and Joe Burrow, per Dave Biddle of 247Sports' Bucknuts. "And I want to add Tate Martell's name in there too."

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/...wayne-haskins-joe-burrow-doug-lesmerises.html

:11263323124-b207743c78-o:

Fields won his competition, and he just got to Ohio State. WRONG

Hurts won his competition, and he just got to OKLAHOMA. WRONG

Martell finished the spring 3rd on the depth chart. He's got ground to make up to be top 2, so he can't have already "won" it. WRONG

Based on the spring, alone, Martell being gifted the starting QB spot would be a HUGE red flag for Diaz and Enos. WRONG

IN 2017 TATE WAS BEHIND JT BARRETT AND DWAYNE HASKINS. HE WAS GOING TO REDSHIRT REGARDLESS, DOESN'T MATTER IF HE WAS 3RD STRING OR 6TH
😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y'all are crazy!

The only thing worse than a QB running from competition is one that is actually told to seek shelter elsewhere ...

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/14/tate-martell-ohio-state-told-me-to-transfer/

They saw the dude for 2 years. And not only did they not offer him the starting job, they also told him he didn't stand a chance of winning it so he should transfer ... AND, they would support an immediate eligibility.

Y'all Tate fans better hope Perry and/or Williams are good enough to keep Martell as a "package QB" ... Otherwise, lower your expectations for this coming season.

Y'all are crazy!

The only thing worse than a QB running from competition is one that is actually told to seek shelter elsewhere ...

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/14/tate-martell-ohio-state-told-me-to-transfer/

They saw the dude for 2 years. And not only did they not offer him the starting job, they also told him he didn't stand a chance of winning it so he should transfer ... AND, they would support an immediate eligibility.

Y'all Tate fans better hope Perry and/or Williams are good enough to keep Martell as a "package QB" ... Otherwise, lower your expectations for this coming season.
LOL. Tate is going to be running all over the competition and it starts 8/24!

As someone who has no horse in this race - whoever Enos/Diaz selects, that's my guy - I do believe that at some point all three, or at least 2 of these guys will be playing important snaps.

But my view is that given this Oline, which isn't exactly 2001 quality, a guy with Martell's mobility and athleticism(which can't always be utilized in a scrimmage setting with QB's being non-contact) will be vital. There will be times when it will be basically 'uh oh, Tate, make something happen' as a play breaks down early or the line gets caved in upfront

As others have mentioned, I love the fact that Enos will not try and force a square peg into a round hole. The offensive system will be tailored to the strength of whichever Qb gets the call

I know this much, we are finally getting some real coaching inside that room

I feel Tate will win the job, but I only want who ever is the best..don’t care who. My only real concern w Tate is his height... watching 2015 Arkansas film, Enos seems to roll out his QBs a lot...and play action w deep drops...I guess that would help a short QB vision wise?

Advertisement
Back