SIAP Ken Dorsey CBS Sports article

No **** that’s the norm! That’s exactly what I said after you acted like it was a huge deal that cam and Allen talked highly of Dorsey. It happens all the time by players with success but it’s so cliche and meaningless, and doesn’t lend credibility to it actually being true at all
One thing to praise your coach when he is still your coach and totally another to praise him years after. That what Cam did.
Who's the player in his right mind to talk bad about his current coach to the media? LOL

Advertisement
If Dorsey is not announced here, we have a problem.

It then appears no one wants the job.
When you assume…

Assume GIF by Modern Love

Completely anecdotal and just a personal feeling but I've always gotten a strong Chud-like vibe from Dorsey. Is always going to show love for his alma mater but the "dream" of coaching here is only really a dream if the right NFL opportunity isn't available. I could be 100% wrong too.

I think Kenny's only real decision right now is to determine what his true end point dream job is - to be a college or NFL head coach? If it's college then you come here (if there's actually an open offer) because being a successful OC here would rocket him into consideration for BIG time college jobs. If it's NFL then you're obviously doing yourself a major disservice by leaving the league mid-ascent.
Not doing himself a disservice by coming here for a year or two. TVD could do for Dorsey what Burrow did for Brady. I think it's a good match. Dorsey kills it here, he's instantly getting looks as an NFL OC, or head coach at a decent college program.

Advertisement
If it was dorsey it would of been announced already. LSU hired Matt house to be their DC weeks ago and the chiefs are still playing. So it has nothing to do with the bills season not being over. My guess is Mario reached out to Dorsey a long time ago and he told mario he prefers the NFL.

Completely anecdotal and just a personal feeling but I've always gotten a strong Chud-like vibe from Dorsey. Is always going to show love for his alma mater but the "dream" of coaching here is only really a dream if the right NFL opportunity isn't available. I could be 100% wrong too.

I think Kenny's only real decision right now is to determine what his true end point dream job is - to be a college or NFL head coach? If it's college then you come here (if there's actually an open offer) because being a successful OC here would rocket him into consideration for BIG time college jobs. If it's NFL then you're obviously doing yourself a major disservice by leaving the league mid-ascent.
not being in his head i don't know for sure but the NFL and College are two different paths. he chose the NFL path so its pretty obvious to me his dream job is to be an NFL Head Coach.

Last edited:
He's right in where he said most players talk highly of their coaches. He's wrong in thinking that's the only thing going on with Kenny. He actually deserves the credit he gets.
D.....he was cerebral af as a frosh...you could see this in his future. For anyone to say he couldn't call plays at UM is ridiculous...

Advertisement
Not doing himself a disservice by coming here for a year or two. TVD could do for Dorsey what Burrow did for Brady. I think it's a good match. Dorsey kills it here, he's instantly getting looks as an NFL OC, or head coach at a decent college program.
I'd just say that Kenny is A LOT closer to getting an NFL OC job right NOW than Brady was as a 1 year "offensive assistant" a year removed from being a GA when he left the Saints to go to LSU.

So while also true that if Kenny kills it here for like 2 seasons then he might get offered an NFL OC job like Brady was but he'd also just as or more likely be in serious contention for LEGIT college HC jobs. At that point I think you'd almost always take the college job rather than then go back to the NFL (for less pay) to continue where you abruptly left off to come here and then hoping you get an NFL head coaching job one day.

D.....he was cerebral af as a frosh...you could see this in his future. For anyone to say he couldn't call plays at UM is ridiculous...
Let's face, and I'm not being a homer here. He was one of the two leaders on arguably the best college team of all times. The other leader was Ed Reed. This may not count for much to some but for me football is football and the moving parts are the same. Without those two we would not have one NC and competed for another the year after. Everybody talks about Ed knowledge of the defense and how was the best in film study and game preparation. But no one talks about his counterpart on the other side of the ball who has a great offensive mind but better and longer NFL coaching career.

Advertisement
I'd just say that Kenny is A LOT closer to getting an NFL OC job right NOW than Brady was as a 1 year "offensive assistant" a year removed from being a GA when he left the Saints to go to LSU.

So while also true that if Kenny kills it here for like 2 seasons then he might get offered an NFL OC job like Brady was but he'd also just as or more likely be in serious contention for LEGIT college HC jobs. At that point I think you'd almost always take the college job rather than then go back to the NFL (for less pay) to continue where you abruptly left off to come here and then hoping you get an NFL head coaching job one day.
It's a no lose situation, really. There would be a huge buzz around him if TVD puts in a Heisman like season.

It's a no lose situation, really. There would be a huge buzz around him if TVD puts in a Heisman like season.
Yup. He's in a great spot career projection and more than likely opportunity-wise. I won't fault him in any choice that he makes or already has made.

Ken Dorsey an early NFL HC candidate

Undervalued by many Canes' fans.
Not saying I believe he is a candidate at this stage of his career but still it is good to see Ken's name circulating like that.
i truly believe ken is going to be an nfl oc in 22. either will bills if daboll leaves to keep continuity or wherever daboll ends up. his path is to be a future nfl hc. i think he is on that track way more then college coach route.

Advertisement
Let's face, and I'm not being a homer here. He was one of the two leaders on arguably the best college team of all times. The other leader was Ed Reed. This may not count for much to some but for me football is football and the moving parts are the same. Without those two we would not have one NC and competed for another the year after. Everybody talks about Ed knowledge of the defense and how was the best in film study and game preparation. But no one talks about his counterpart on the other side of the ball who has a great offensive mind but better and longer NFL coaching career.
Why pray tell do you think that may be? Crazy ain't that. He's been disregarded since school cause he's what they consider a scrawny white guy who threw a wobbly ball superior athletes just ran under... Again thank God fans are so cerebral.

Where we CIS juggernauts know what plays stunk up the joint on Saturdays past, KD would be all the prophets landing in CG, with the scriptures in hand…

Advertisement
Back