SIAP Ken Dorsey CBS Sports article

JFC buddy. It can be both. Allen and Mahomes are ridiculous talents but they also both did **** on shinola in college so coaching is at least part of it and to ignore that Dorsey had a LARGE role in taking both Allen and Newton to higher levels is just being blind.
So mike Kafka as the next Miami oc would be a great hire too then right?

Advertisement
Ive never heard a player give credit to a coach before, first time ever. So I guess Mike Kafka is a qb whisperer too due to his work with mahomes…I’ve said this 100 times. Go look at newtons stats while Dorsey was there. He had one great mvp year and every other year was below average. The 4 non mvp years he averaged 21 tds and 14 ints per year and 58% throwing. Even his mvp year he was under 60%, yet every Miami fan acts like he worked miracles with a #1 draft pick. He’s a good coach, but in some cases the players make the coach more than the coach makes the player. And sometimes people revise history to fit a narrative instead of looking at facts
So if you think Dorsey didn't really do much helping the two QB's he coached what makes you say he is a "good coach"? What else he did in the league other than coaching QB's to show you he is good? And please explain why he has the good reputation he has in the NFL if GM's and HC's know what you know. Unless what they know and think is different from what a casual football fan knows and thinks.

Last edited:
JFC buddy. It can be both. Allen and Mahomes are ridiculous talents but they also both did **** on shinola in college so coaching is at least part of it and to ignore that Dorsey had a LARGE role in taking both Allen and Newton to higher levels is just being blind.
Yeah, mahomes doesn’t have the ncaa record for passing yds and total offense in a single game. He also didn’t have 9600 yds and 77 tds his last 2 years. His career was completely forgettable

Again, you keep saying Miami fans Miami fans. If he is hired as an OC in NFL next, is it Miami fans' effect?
Miami fans have been wanting him as our oc since cam won mvp, maybe before. And they wouldn’t even know his name if he didn’t play for Miami 20 years ago…that’s what I’m trying to point out. The association with Miami is more important than his actual resume. Haven’t heard any calls for other nfl qb coaches to be our oc. Have you?

Advertisement
(Some) Miami fans have been wanting him as our oc since cam won mvp, maybe before. And they wouldn’t even know his name if he didn’t play for Miami 20 years ago…that’s what I’m trying to point out. The association with Miami is more important than his actual resume. Haven’t heard any calls for other nfl qb coaches to be our oc. Have you?
But both can be true. He is well respected in the NFL and many consider him fit for an OC IN THE NFL. But he also happened to be a Miami QB who won the last championship here and he is fan favorite. Why should we exclude him as an OC candidate here if he could be the next hot OC candidate in the NFL?

Not saying you guys may not be right, but you think that these special QB’s had a lot to do with it . Allen and Mahones are very special and made a lot of plays happen with their legs and arms that almost no others could do. So giving the OC big credit is due but how much. Going to another team does not mean success and I do believe NFL head hunters realize this.
No, they absolutely do NOT realize this. Look how many assistants have gotten head coaching jobs after working with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Ever heard of Joe Philbin?

no but he is going from passing game coordinator to OC to HC. don't be foolish. he is right on track.
I doubt he gets a HC gig after one year as coordinator unless he kills it. But there’s too many unknowns that will factor into how good he is as the OC when he becomes one

Advertisement
Would Daboll actually the Dolphins job .. given that Tua is what they would have to work with .. at least for the first season? Pretty damning that even Fins players are making comments "he can't make all the throws .. we have to limit our offense with him at QB".
Daboll coached him at Bama. There’s a connection. But he’s HC, he can change QB’s also.

Take this for what it’s worth.

Guy on Twitter who claims to be friends with Dorsey says we haven’t reached out to him.

But both can be true. He is well respected in the NFL and many consider him fit for an OC IN THE NFL. But he also happened to be a Miami QB who won the last championship here and he is fan favorite. Why should we exclude him as an OC candidate here if he could be the next hot OC candidate in the NFL?
both can be true, but they’re not. Miami fans only want him because he is an iconic Miami qb. he has been a qb coach for ten years and no one can even accurately describe the type of offense he would run. Most likely it would be more pro style than what we had under lashlee. Is that what we want or what Mario wants? Does that fit our personnel or give us the best chance to win? This is of no concern for the people wanting him as our oc, they just want him back in Miami.

Advertisement
I doubt he gets a HC gig after one year as coordinator unless he kills it. But there’s too many unknowns that will factor into how good he is as the OC when he becomes one
i never said one year but he will get there in a few years. he is on the right path.

both can be true, but they’re not. Miami fans only want him because he is an iconic Miami qb. he has been a qb coach for ten years and no one can even accurately describe the type of offense he would run. Most likely it would be more pro style than what we had under lashlee. Is that what we want or what Mario wants? Does that fit our personnel or give us the best chance to win? This is of no concern for the people wanting him as our oc, they just want him back in Miami.
Back in Miami could happen. Most likely as phinns OC

Cis thinks so so it must be true….Dorsey has a good coaching career in front of him but everyone can shut up about him “molding” or being responsible for josh Allen. Watch the game tonight and try to tell me that’s coaching and not pure talent. Allen is a beast and would be regardless of who his qb coach is
This post is stupidity at it's finest...Allen AND Newton BOTH have layed unbelievable praise upon KD....but of course all the CIS experts scoff at that....

Advertisement
This post is stupidity at it's finest...Allen AND Newton BOTH have layed unbelievable praise upon KD....but of course all the CIS experts scoff at that....
Our players heaped tons of praise on Diaz while he was here, so it must be true right? But the cis experts scoff at that…like I already said, players credit coaches for their success all the time. Nothing new or groundbreaking

Our players heaped tons of praise on Diaz while he was here, so it must be true right? But the cis experts scoff at that…like I already said, players credit coaches for their success all the time. Nothing new or groundbreaking
I NEVER heard "Tons" of praise heaped on Diaz by players...all I've heard by former players is that he's trash...they're the ones I listen to....not 18 and 19yr old kids who don't know better.

Advertisement
Back