SIAP - EVEN SHERIEFFS

Advertisement
It either needs to be a policy for every school or a policy for no school.
Either every school can restrict transfers to teams on their schedule or none can.
It makes no sense (to me at least) that its on a school by school, athletic department by athletic department, coach by coach basis.

And you bet it'll be used in negative recruiting.
If the policy was that everyone could do it, or conversely, that nobody could do it, there's an even playing field and the negative recruiting factor is moot.

Further, I HATE that this is happening just days before National Signing Day.
And I'm trying not to be a tinfoil hat about the timing of this.
I really am.

Do you really think a single recruit gives a flying f*ck about the plight of Evan Shirreffs and the magical coincidence that he's enamored with the MBA programs of the ACC?

His ****in High School tweeted how disappointed he was in Miami like he was lowkey trying to say "you won't be getting any more of our great genius players!"

Tell that HS good. Bust that pipeline quick fast for giving us a player who can't beat out Rosier at QB.

Article in ESPN says we blocked him from all ACC schools and any team on our schedule next season. Kinda surprising as I thought CMR typically allowed them to go wherever.

Plenty of great MBA programs in the country that are not in the ACC.

Again, unless lying Shi(t)rreffs can prove he has been accepted into an any Top MBA program, he is blowing smoke.

As usual, our supposed media experts, like Dookie Jay Bile, do a "hot take" and don't know what they are talking about. Oh, but he has a law degree, right? Well, he just proved he doesn't know $#!+ about his own alma mater's MBA program.

Journalists, for the most part, are dumbasses.

Absolutely we shoukd block him to teams on our schedule. Teams would sign him just to get inside info. He did nothing for this program. He can still transfer to old dominion

Outside of practice and one three play he wasn't given much of a chance to show what he could do

Advertisement
May not make it in time for Evan, but a change is coming.

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/collegefootball/NCAA-Transfer-Bylaws-Reform-Proposal.pdf

Baylor law professor Jeremy Counsellor and Iowa State molecular pharmacology professor Tim Day — the NCAA faculty athletics representatives for their school have drafted a proposal that may make the Big 12 the first conference to emancipate student-athletes.

...While this proposal would create a far more student-athlete-friendly transfer system than the present one, it eschews a system in which all student-athletes are eligible for competition immediately after transfer. Data clearly indicate that, in broad strokes, transfer has negative educational implications – both on likelihood of graduation and time to degree. A plan that includes immediate eligibility for all transferring student-athletes creates an environment in which transfers will dramatically increase, and such a plan predictably will have an overall negative impact on graduation and time to degree.

This proposal forces recognition of the increased time-to-degree by adding a year to the clock of transferring student-athletes who are not eligible for competition immediately, which creates an additional year of educational opportunity for the transferring student-athlete, and places the responsibility for providing that additional educational time on the receiving institution.
In addition, the proposal ensures that student-athletes do not lose a year of competition due to transfer. By adding one year to their clock, transferring student-athletes will have the same number of years of competition remaining at the second institution following a year-in-residence as they did at the original institution at the time of transfer.

A student-athlete may transfer without the permission of the original institution and be immediately eligible for aid and practice. A student-athlete who transfers is not eligible for competition for the academic year following transfer, unless:

1. the student-athlete earned a baccalaureate degree at the original institution;
2. the student-athlete’s head coach at the original institution resigned or was fired during or after the most recent season of competition, except that the student-athlete is not immediately eligible at another institution at which the head coach is employed;
3. sanctions have been imposed on the original institution that limit post-season competition in the student-athlete’s sport;
4. the student-athlete did not receive athletically-related financial aid at the original institution; or
5. an exception in bylaw 14.5.5.2 or 14.5.6 is satisfied.

A first-time transfer who is not immediately eligible for competition receives a one-year extension to the five-year clock if it is necessary to ensure that the student-athlete does not lose a year of competition due to transfer.

• This plan is genuinely significant transfer reform that relocates all control of transfer decisions to student-athletes. This plan removes all authority on transfer decisions from the original institution.
• Student-athletes may transfer to the institution of their choice, and they never need the permission of the original institution to transfer.
• All student-athletes are immediately eligible for aid and practice after transfer.
• Student-athletes may transfer once without losing a season of competition.
• Student-athletes who transfer after a head coaching change or the imposition of a limit on post-season competition are eligible immediately.
• Student-athletes who are walk-ons or graduates are eligible immediately after transfer.
• Student-athletes who transfer may continue to take advantage of other existing exceptions to the year in residence requirement.

Absolutely we shoukd block him to teams on our schedule. Teams would sign him just to get inside info. He did nothing for this program. He can still transfer to old dominion

Outside of practice and one three play he wasn't given much of a chance to show what he could do

Probably because he sucks and had no business being on a Miami scholly

Something about this doesn't sit right. If its about his education, he wouldn't have said a word about playing time. Duke? Yeah Evan, Cutcliffe would start you over Daniel Jones. Fedora would start you over Surratt. Mendenhall has gone hard after dual threat QB to replace Benkirk. But he would change his system around for YOU. And if Adazio had BC bowl eligible with a freshman starting 10 games at QB, he would start YOU over him.

They want Evan for one reason. And since he is Mr intelligent, he knows exactly why they want him. So ***** him. I hope they block him from every school he wants to go to.

Advertisement
He's a walk on lol fck his high school

Who wants him in the ACC anyway?? He wouldn't even start at Duke, go try out for FIU or FAU.... Even that's a long shot.

Minor league move on part of the school. Let him transfer where he wants. I am sure Mark Richt would let him.

He can go wherever he wants, and pay tuition. Or, he could honor the scholarship he signed up for and stay at UM. I'm pretty sure Miami has an MBA program.

Or, he can transfer to any one of over a hundred other D1 universities and continue to play football on scholarship while pursuing his academic dreams.

This is such a non-story it's disgusting. Trash hit piece.

May not make it in time for Evan, but a change is coming.

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/collegefootball/NCAA-Transfer-Bylaws-Reform-Proposal.pdf

Baylor law professor Jeremy Counsellor and Iowa State molecular pharmacology professor Tim Day — the NCAA faculty athletics representatives for their school have drafted a proposal that may make the Big 12 the first conference to emancipate student-athletes.

...While this proposal would create a far more student-athlete-friendly transfer system than the present one, it eschews a system in which all student-athletes are eligible for competition immediately after transfer. Data clearly indicate that, in broad strokes, transfer has negative educational implications – both on likelihood of graduation and time to degree. A plan that includes immediate eligibility for all transferring student-athletes creates an environment in which transfers will dramatically increase, and such a plan predictably will have an overall negative impact on graduation and time to degree.

This proposal forces recognition of the increased time-to-degree by adding a year to the clock of transferring student-athletes who are not eligible for competition immediately, which creates an additional year of educational opportunity for the transferring student-athlete, and places the responsibility for providing that additional educational time on the receiving institution.
In addition, the proposal ensures that student-athletes do not lose a year of competition due to transfer. By adding one year to their clock, transferring student-athletes will have the same number of years of competition remaining at the second institution following a year-in-residence as they did at the original institution at the time of transfer.

A student-athlete may transfer without the permission of the original institution and be immediately eligible for aid and practice. A student-athlete who transfers is not eligible for competition for the academic year following transfer, unless:

1. the student-athlete earned a baccalaureate degree at the original institution;
2. the student-athlete’s head coach at the original institution resigned or was fired during or after the most recent season of competition, except that the student-athlete is not immediately eligible at another institution at which the head coach is employed;
3. sanctions have been imposed on the original institution that limit post-season competition in the student-athlete’s sport;
4. the student-athlete did not receive athletically-related financial aid at the original institution; or
5. an exception in bylaw 14.5.5.2 or 14.5.6 is satisfied.

A first-time transfer who is not immediately eligible for competition receives a one-year extension to the five-year clock if it is necessary to ensure that the student-athlete does not lose a year of competition due to transfer.

• This plan is genuinely significant transfer reform that relocates all control of transfer decisions to student-athletes. This plan removes all authority on transfer decisions from the original institution.
• Student-athletes may transfer to the institution of their choice, and they never need the permission of the original institution to transfer.
• All student-athletes are immediately eligible for aid and practice after transfer.
• Student-athletes may transfer once without losing a season of competition.
• Student-athletes who transfer after a head coaching change or the imposition of a limit on post-season competition are eligible immediately.
• Student-athletes who are walk-ons or graduates are eligible immediately after transfer.
• Student-athletes who transfer may continue to take advantage of other existing exceptions to the year in residence requirement.

Stopped at bold and underlined. This is pathetic and disrespectful to real, actual injustice.

And just like clockwork, Ol' Ghey Bilas has to chime in:

[TWEET]959657976826081286[/TWEET]

Smh. Did Bilas say anything when Coach K wouldn’t let Chase Jeter (last year) or Jordan Tucker (this year) transfer within the ACC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Smh. Did Bilas say anything when Coach K wouldn’t let Chase Jeter (last year) or Jordan Tucker (this year) transfer within the ACC?

He'd probably slap you in the cheek and then stick his fingers in his ears while yellling "Not listening! Na na na na! Not listening! Coach K is a bastion of integrity! Not listening!" if you brought this up.

I actually ran into this prick years ago at a hotel bar. I brought up Corey Maggette somehow driving around Durham in a brand new Lincoln Navigator as a freshman and was there with my boy that (disgustingly) went to Dook and lived in the same dorm. The douche immediately went from telling me that I didn't know what I was talking about to "So what if that's true?". He then tried to pull some dramatic snarky move by ending the conversation with an "I'm done here. You guys have a great life." but as he was walking away the bartender started screaming at him that he hadn't closed out his tab and he had to slink back to the bar and stand there like a dope.

same teacher as Berrios screwed him out of the 4.0. Did not read, but how can UM block a grad transfer?

This the the critical question here.

Its my understanding that once a kid graduates, they are free to transfer where they want without restriction. Something not right here.

Advertisement

Yes, Bilas has been very critical of Duke on this very issue. (QB last year)

Well I stand corrected

LOL @ the idea that Evan Shireffs would give any school an advantage over us with his "inside knowledge"...These guys literally get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and spend hours upon hours breaking down film on opponents, but the back-up QB who couldn't cut it is what's going to put them over the top...Give me a break

Advertisement
Back