SIAP - EVEN SHERIEFFS

[TWEET]959544881483051009[/TWEET]

wtf is this ****. Evan Shirreffs is not good enough to be getting sympathy articles

Since I'm already here in Tetragrammaton Cane's head, I can use a word he has already used (to save the others from his very short list of them):

Bull****

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/miami-blocking-evan-shirreffs-grad-transfer-request-the-latest-issue-in-a-flawed-system/

"If I don't win the appeal, I won't be able to go to some of the best MBA opportunities in the country," Shirreffs said.
That list includes Duke, Virginia, North Carolina, Wake Forest and Boston College, all in the ACC."

"I legitimately will be able to finish the MBA program wherever I go. That's what I'm interested in," Shirreffs added.

It's not about finishing, Evan; it is about getting into an Elite MBA.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/daytime-mba/class-profile

Maybe old ruptured duck master should look at that work experience part, the one that says 5-6 years of said WORK EXPERIENCE is needed to be admitted. My child graduated with a 3.92 in Finance from Miami and was admitted to Duke's MBA program (with a scholarship) and 5 years of Work Experience. He turned them down to go to an even higher-ranked program w/scholarship...A program which again requires 5 years of Work Experience.

Top MBA programs have no time for lectures missed for football practice and will not threaten their hard won prestige for a clipboard holder.

Hey, it's really empty here in TC's head, we should have a huge party!

LOL I see now, the plot thickens. LOL at Shirreffs trying to rat his way into an elite MBA program under the guise of being a grad transfer for the football team. I just recently went through the Round 1 application process; Shirreffs is woefully underqualified to be admitted to any elite program on his own merits with 0 work experience.

If he's set on going somewhere with an elite/top tier MBA program I see him as having two options.

1) If he's dead set on still playing football and cheating the system so to speak, try to transfer to Northwestern, Stanford, Cal, Michigan, UCLA, Texas, or Indiana.

2) Quit football and apply wherever the **** you want.

We owe him nothing. Shirreffs it sounds like is trying to have his cake and eat it to, and going through the media to play the sympathy card, especially when we gave him an opportunity no one else would, is pathetic.

Considering Michigan, Northwestern, Stanford and Cal-Berkley's MBA programs are all rated higher than any ACC MBA program sounds like a plan...Which would fail. Is he going for Round 3 at Duke, when the class is already pretty much full? How about those core classes that the profs won't excuse him from because of cohort requirements?

Ah, the arrogance of another no-talent **** traitor who thinks just because he "plays" football, he should be given special treatment over more deserving students who play by the rules. No wonder my current abode, Tetragrammy Cane, likes to suck him off...Hope the **** doesn't seep through the floor

Advertisement
It's bulls*** when others do it and the same when we do it. The day is FAST approaching when the power will shift much more to the players. And "policies" like this will be no more.
Complete bull****! Richt is wrong. James is wrong. Miami is wrong. The ACC and the NCAA are wrong. Evan shouldn’t even need a release.

No school should be able to restrict any student from furthering their education anywhere, when the “blocking school” isn’t paying for it.

In a strict sense, these schools are not restricting athletes from furthering their education. If Evan or any other student-athlete wants to transfer to a school in furtherance of their education, and they are willing to foot the bill or take loans and forego competing in their chosen sport, they are free to do so. The schools (and the NCAA) are restricting student-athletes from competing against the school athletically in a given sport.

I understand your points, and this arguably further indicates the NCAA is an archaic institution, I know. But let us not pretend the student-athletes seeking transfers for better athletic opportunities really care about "furthering their education." I mean, nobody is transferring to F$U because their exceptional circus arts program or to Alabaga for their historic Equine Science program. To paraphrase Michael Corleone, the students, the schools, and the NCAA are all part of the same hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Let him transfer to wake forest and be done with it. We don’t play them the next 2 years

It either needs to be a policy for every school or a policy for no school.
Either every school can restrict transfers to teams on their schedule or none can.
It makes no sense (to me at least) that its on a school by school, athletic department by athletic department, coach by coach basis.

And you bet it'll be used in negative recruiting.
If the policy was that everyone could do it, or conversely, that nobody could do it, there's an even playing field and the negative recruiting factor is moot.

Further, I HATE that this is happening just days before National Signing Day.
And I'm trying not to be a tinfoil hat about the timing of this.
I really am.

Advertisement
same teacher as Berrios screwed him out of the 4.0. Did not read, but how can UM block a grad transfer?

Does Evan even WANT to go to an ACC school, or future opponent? This is VERY common. It's not like he's being blocked from going to Georgia, who isn't on our schedule. You don't let a guy that knows your O as well as Shirreffs transfer into an enemy camp. Dude is smart, and you'd better believe that knowledge would be used against us. Heck, Shirreffs himself probably wouldn't want to be put in that situation, so this is a complete non-story as far as I'm concerned.

Part of policy is that he has to graduate first,, and believe Evan graduates in May. Also Ga might want him as they are down to 2 scholarship QB's.

Does Evan even WANT to go to an ACC school, or future opponent? This is VERY common. It's not like he's being blocked from going to Georgia, who isn't on our schedule. You don't let a guy that knows your O as well as Shirreffs transfer into an enemy camp. Dude is smart, and you'd better believe that knowledge would be used against us. Heck, Shirreffs himself probably wouldn't want to be put in that situation, so this is a complete non-story as far as I'm concerned.

Part of policy is that he has to graduate first,, and believe Evan graduates in May. Also Ga might want him as they are down to 2 scholarship QB's.

Guess he misses Duke Round 3 then:

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/daytime-mba/admissions-facts-dates

sad-duke-girl-crying.jpg
So Sad Evan can't come...

It either needs to be a policy for every school or a policy for no school.
Either every school can restrict transfers to teams on their schedule or none can.
It makes no sense (to me at least) that its on a school by school, athletic department by athletic department, coach by coach basis.

And you bet it'll be used in negative recruiting.
If the policy was that everyone could do it, or conversely, that nobody could do it, there's an even playing field and the negative recruiting factor is moot.

Further, I HATE that this is happening just days before National Signing Day.
And I'm trying not to be a tinfoil hat about the timing of this.
I really am.

Bama was smeared when they wouldn't let a corner transfer to UGA. They seem to be doing fine with recruiting.

Every school in the nation has these restrictions in place. Miami's no different.

Advertisement
It's bulls*** when others do it and the same when we do it. The day is FAST approaching when the power will shift much more to the players. And "policies" like this will be no more.
Complete bull****! Richt is wrong. James is wrong. Miami is wrong. The ACC and the NCAA are wrong. Evan shouldn’t even need a release.

No school should be able to restrict any student from furthering their education anywhere, when the “blocking school” isn’t paying for it.

In a strict sense, these schools are not restricting athletes from furthering their education. If Evan or any other student-athlete wants to transfer to a school in furtherance of their education, and they are willing to foot the bill or take loans and forego competing in their chosen sport, they are free to do so. The schools (and the NCAA) are restricting student-athletes from competing against the school athletically in a given sport.

I understand your points, and this arguably further indicates the NCAA is an archaic institution, I know. But let us not pretend the student-athletes seeking transfers for better athletic opportunities really care about "furthering their education." I mean, nobody is transferring to F$U because their exceptional circus arts program or to Alabaga for their historic Equine Science program. To paraphrase Michael Corleone, the students, the schools, and the NCAA are all part of the same hypocrisy.
i fully understand Evans dilemma but the problem I have with it is...Miami has the ability to stop another institution from paying for Evans education.

It’s not like there can’t be a better option than Miami pays or Evan pays. In that instance, yes, Evan would have to write a check or take out some loans, but an additional option is another school gives him a scholarship and he doesn’t pay a cent. And as the article points out, there is not a single NCAA bylaw that says schools have to block kids...

It would be one thing if a 4-year scholarship meant that the school had to pay for 4 years of college no matter where a student finished, in the event of a transfer, but they don’t. Miami has no financial interest or expense in Evan once he’s gone. Plus, athletic scholarships are renewable; there’s no obligation for the school to keep an athlete on scholarship for 4 years and they can STILL determine where an athlete can go? Anyway, you understand my point and I understand the discretion these schools unfortunately have...I’m just vehemently opposed to it.

[TWEET]959544881483051009[/TWEET]

wtf is this ****. Evan Shirreffs is not good enough to be getting sympathy articles

Since I'm already here in Tetragrammaton Cane's head, I can use a word he has already used (to save the others from his very short list of them):

Bull****

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-request-the-latest-issue-in-a-flawed-system/

"If I don't win the appeal, I won't be able to go to some of the best MBA opportunities in the country," Shirreffs said.
That list includes Duke, Virginia, North Carolina, Wake Forest and Boston College, all in the ACC."

"I legitimately will be able to finish the MBA program wherever I go. That's what I'm interested in," Shirreffs added.

It's not about finishing, Evan; it is about getting into an Elite MBA.

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/daytime-mba/class-profile

Maybe old ruptured duck master should look at that work experience part, the one that says 5-6 years of said WORK EXPERIENCE is needed to be admitted. My child graduated with a 3.92 in Finance from Miami and was admitted to Duke's MBA program (with a scholarship) and 5 years of Work Experience. He turned them down to go to an even higher-ranked program w/scholarship...A program which again requires 5 years of Work Experience.

Top MBA programs have no time for lectures missed for football practice and will not threaten their hard won prestige for a clipboard holder.

Hey, it's really empty here in TC's head, we should have a huge party!

LOL I see now, the plot thickens. LOL at Shirreffs trying to rat his way into an elite MBA program under the guise of being a grad transfer for the football team. I just recently went through the Round 1 application process; Shirreffs is woefully underqualified to be admitted to any elite program on his own merits with 0 work experience.

If he's set on going somewhere with an elite/top tier MBA program I see him as having two options.

1) If he's dead set on still playing football and cheating the system so to speak, try to transfer to Northwestern, Stanford, Cal, Michigan, UCLA, Texas, or Indiana.

2) Quit football and apply wherever the **** you want.

We owe him nothing. Shirreffs it sounds like is trying to have his cake and eat it to, and going through the media to play the sympathy card, especially when we gave him an opportunity no one else would, is pathetic.
100% pure facts!

He has several dozen options where he could transfer to after he graduates, but he's making it seem like he's some high commodity that all these teams (who just so happen to play in the Coastal) are all clambering after him. Like he would be a starter if it wasn't for big bad Miami holding him back smh.

By running to the media making a fuss about it is an obvious ploy to kick up dust & make us look bad. His ****** High School tweeted how disappointed he was in Miami like he was lowkey trying to say "you won't be getting any more of our great genius players!" Lol.

If he's as smart as some have said then he should've known beforehand that he wouldn't be allowed to transfer to an opponent on schedule over the next 2 years. It's his own fault not Miami's, he should stop trying to stick it to us & go find a school we don't play.

i fully understand Evans dilemma but the problem I have with it is...Miami has the ability to stop another institution from paying for Evans education.

It’s not like there can’t be a better option than Miami pays or Evan pays. In that instance, yes, Evan would have to write a check or take out some loans, but an additional option is another school gives him a scholarship and he doesn’t pay a cent. And as the article points out, there is not a single NCAA bylaw that says schools have to block kids...

It would be one thing if a 4-year scholarship meant that the school had to pay for 4 years of college no matter where a student finished, in the event of a transfer, but they don’t. Miami has no financial interest or expense in Evan once he’s gone. Plus, athletic scholarships are renewable; there’s no obligation for the school to keep an athlete on scholarship for 4 years and they can STILL determine where an athlete can go? Anyway, you understand my point and I understand the discretion these schools unfortunately have...I’m just vehemently opposed to it.

No I don't think you understand. We renewed his scholarship, he chose to ask for a release. When you ask for a release of a liability, you are at the mercy of the other party. He has no leverage. He didn't hold up his end of the deal (4 year athletic scholarship, not 3 and then leave just because I got my diploma).

No I don't think you understand. We renewed his scholarship, he chose to ask for a release. When you ask for a release of a liability, you are at the mercy of the other party. He has no leverage. He didn't hold up his end of the deal (4 year athletic scholarship, not 3 and then leave just because I got my diploma).
Do you really believe what you just typed? Evan, a student-athlete, will GRADUATE in 3 years. What is Miami “renewing”? He’d be a graduate. That means he’s satisfied his end. You just described something a step beyond indentured servitude.

Evan has asked for release of liability, how do you not get that? And, Miami is saying: “No! We don’t care if another institution will release us of our “liability” (loaded term when talking about a transferring student athlete), you can’t go with out Miami getting a pound of flesh...though we only promised an opportunity for a degree”. The 4-year thing is a red-herring...it is NOT guaranteed.

He graduated. The yoke should be lifted.

Advertisement

Do you really believe what you just typed? Evan, a student-athlete, will GRADUATE in 3 years. What is Miami “renewing”? He’d be a graduate. That means he’s satisfied his end. You just described something a step beyond indentured servitude.

Evan has asked for release of liability, how do you not get that? And, Miami is saying: “No! We don’t care if another institution will release us of our “liability” (loaded term when talking about a transferring student athlete), you can’t go with out Miami getting a pound of flesh...though we only promised an opportunity for a degree”. The 4-year thing is a red-herring...it is NOT guaranteed.

Are you 10 years old? This post is just you drooling all over yourself. I don't think you understand how scholarships or any of this works.

Are you 10 years old? This post is just you drooling all over yourself. I don't think you understand how scholarships or any of this works.
There are schools and conferences that give scholarships that don’t put restrictions on transfers. Did you mean to say, “I don’t think you know how a MIAMI scholarship works”. Which would still be wrong because I do; I understand how it works. It appears you don’t understand how a discussion works. Straight to the ol’ ad-hominem when your point isn’t endorsed. ... don’t get the whole drooling all over yourself thing because it makes no sense, it’s silly actually, but I see that you’re lashing out... oh, well. Your problem.

The day is coming, unfortunately it’s not here yet, that college kids will be able to transfer as freely as Florida high school kids can.

Advertisement

1. Evan has totally misrepresented why he wants to transfer, this in order to gain media support.

2. He only graduates this May, after MBA programs are filled. Here is Duke's schedule: https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/daytime-mba/program-format
Notice the word "Cohort." This means little schedule flexibility on core MBA classes. Can he prove he has been accepted to a program?

3. Michigan, Cal, Northwestern, and Stanford all have superior MBA programs to the ACC schools...Why doesn't he want to go to any of those if his academic future is so important?

4. Holding a clipboard doesn't equate to Work Experience.

Oh, BTW:

im-living-rent-free-inside-your-head-sucks-dont-it-rt-28845941.jpg

I love how everything is always an indictment of UM to some of you. We're always the villain. He was awarded a scholarship by UM. If he wants to continue his career elsewhere, this is a pretty standard deal- no one in conference, no opponents. That's what, a dozen or so schools? He isn't short of options. If academia is so important to him, moreso than football, he can always hang them up and go anywhere he chooses. If he thinks so highly of his football prospects, all those schools he's whining over suck anyway. Sorry, but Evan has plenty of options.

And just like clockwork, Ol' Ghey Bilas has to chime in:

[TWEET]959657976826081286[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Back