SIAP - Boys Grinding (On Their Own!!)

No. I do not think it's wise from any perspective. Not from the staffs because physically being underdeveloped at a position that requires so much physical contact isn't safe. Also from his standpoint being on the field and not being physically developed doesn't allow you to reach your full potential. However being real we can't say he's not hitting the weights or anything like that at all. THAT would be absurd obviously he does all of that. He's probably just trying to cut weight,if I had to imagine. So that way he can start off his program at his optimal weight for leanness and add muscle to his core. It's relatively common college and up for kids that are trying to shed baby fat to do it from that standpoint. That's not saying that's what's going on or not as I personally just don't know.
I mentioned that in a earlier post... If he really wants to go pro he needs to add weight... Whether that means he outgrows being a safety or not I don't know but as you mentioned , from a safety standpoint he needs the added muscle...
He has time to do it and who knows he might realize he needs a position switch and make the move...Everyone's mindset matures as they grow , it's natural....

Advertisement
I’m really excited to see JW with this coaching staff (I mean duh)

I think Feely was fine at S&C so no issue there but I think Mario and Co will teach JW better tackling and better discipline without taking the fangs out of his aggressiveness

He made a lot of high school plays last year that no longer work in college
This, teaching him to wrap up and not go for the kill shot every time will help him immensely.

His qualifications in Strength and Conditioning

I’m not gonna rehash this debate because it goes off the rails but he’s more qualified (education wise) than Feld is

He’s being the scapegoat for a pathetic culture of players and leadership and recruiting under Manny

Also 100% he wasn’t going to get the full support the way Feld is (and the entire coaching staff for that matter just because of the all in approach now)

People wanna die on a hill that Feely wasn’t any good and there’s literally nothing I can say to change minds. All I’m saying is it’s not as simple as people are making it

This is coming from me being in the field and talking to people that know him and are actual coaches

Not message board S&C zealots
For me, it’s as simple as you don’t have as many comebacks and out play as many teams in the 2nd half as Miami did last year without a good S&C program.

They sacrificed strength for speed and conditioning given the philosophy of the offense. I don’t remember a single time last year thinking that the team was tired.

For me, it’s as simple as you don’t have as many comebacks and out play as many teams in the 2nd half as Miami did last year without a good S&C program.

They sacrificed strength for speed and conditioning given the philosophy of the offense. I don’t remember a single time last year thinking that the team was tired.
I definitely agree with that last part. We didn’t lose games because we weren’t prepared S&C wise that’s for sure

Well said

Advertisement
Back