SIAP - Boys Grinding (On Their Own!!)

Advertisement
Eh. The plan is the head coaches plan. I don’t really believe that someone as qualified as Feely was doesn’t know those things

But anyway, doesn’t matter now

What made Feeley qualified, though? We were his 1st P5 gig. His stints were FIU, Ball State, Asst at USCe, & Temple. It was clear our S&C wasn’t up to part, even the players have hinted towards that. We were slow, and consistently showed a lack of bend & strength. And frankly, we were small. As a whole, I was not impressed by Feeley’s work, & maybe he was hindered by Diaz, but imo our nutrition or functional regimen were P5 standard. Guys looked good, but the results fit.

What made Feeley qualified, though? We were his 1st P5 gig. His stints were FIU, Ball State, Asst at USCe, & Temple. It was clear our S&C wasn’t up to part, even the players have hinted towards that. We were slow, and consistently showed a lack of bend & strength. And frankly, we were small. As a whole, I was not impressed by Feeley’s work, & maybe he was hindered by Diaz, but imo our nutrition or functional regimen were P5 standard. Guys looked good, but the results fit.
His qualifications in Strength and Conditioning

I’m not gonna rehash this debate because it goes off the rails but he’s more qualified (education wise) than Feld is

He’s being the scapegoat for a pathetic culture of players and leadership and recruiting under Manny

Also 100% he wasn’t going to get the full support the way Feld is (and the entire coaching staff for that matter just because of the all in approach now)

People wanna die on a hill that Feely wasn’t any good and there’s literally nothing I can say to change minds. All I’m saying is it’s not as simple as people are making it

This is coming from me being in the field and talking to people that know him and are actual coaches

Not message board S&C zealots

Anyway

I’m backing out of the S&C discussions because they go nowhere

Inevitably some idiot will say Feely sucked because we couldn’t get the first on 4th and 1 and my brain will literally explode

Feely wasn’t the goat. He wasn’t bad either. We are on to better things as an overall S&C program and that’s all I care about

Advertisement
Fact is, he doesn’t currently possess the speed or range to be an NFL safety. This kids a WLB/edge player. The sooner Ray Ray Williams realizes that the better. Sorry he reminds me of Ray Ray Armstrong and heck of a lot more than ST. BTW Sean looked like he was chiseled from granite! He was a true freak. Had the plus size and speed to legitimately cover the necessary ground.

JW is an absolute stud! I love his game. Don’t mistake my criticism for anything but a realistic take on his future. But he’s an in the box player. With his length and natural strength he should be an nfl player. I just don’t think it’s at his position of preference.

Obviously I would be very happy to be proven wrong. It’s just what I see in his game. But in fairness to him, he was a freshman.

Fact is, he doesn’t currently possess the speed or range to be an NFL safety. This kids a WLB/edge player. The sooner Ray Ray Williams realizes that the better. Sorry he reminds me of Ray Ray Armstrong and heck of a lot more than ST. BTW Sean looked like he was chiseled from granite! He was a true freak. Had the plus size and speed to legitimately cover the necessary ground.

JW is an absolute stud! I love his game. Don’t mistake my criticism for anything but a realistic take on his future. But he’s an in the box player. With his length and natural strength he should be an nfl player. I just don’t think it’s at his position of preference.

Obviously I would be very happy to be proven wrong. It’s just what I see in his game. But in fairness to him, he was a freshman.
Nobody Loved SeanTay more than me, but at NO time at UM was he "Chiseled from Granite".... and God knows I spent enough time around him. @Brooklyndee will tell you the same. He was just an unbelievably Naturally Gifted football player.

Advertisement
His qualifications in Strength and Conditioning

I’m not gonna rehash this debate because it goes off the rails but he’s more qualified (education wise) than Feld is

He’s being the scapegoat for a pathetic culture of players and leadership and recruiting under Manny

Also 100% he wasn’t going to get the full support the way Feld is (and the entire coaching staff for that matter just because of the all in approach now)

People wanna die on a hill that Feely wasn’t any good and there’s literally nothing I can say to change minds. All I’m saying is it’s not as simple as people are making it

This is coming from me being in the field and talking to people that know him and are actual coaches

Not message board S&C zealots
I feel like this is the right answer. I think the terrible culture and attitudes had more of an impact than Feeley being average and poor.

Nobody Loved SeanTay more than me, but at NO time at UM was he "Chiseled from Granite".... and God knows I spent enough time around him. @Brooklyndee will tell you the same. He was just an unbelievably Naturally Gifted football player.
Maybe not, I surely didn’t know him personally. He sure as heck played like it and looked to be in pads. I’m also pretty sure he didn’t look like JW currently looks.

Just compare freshman seasons. ST made a LOT of plays that jumped off the screen from a freakishly athletic standpoint on a completely loaded team no less.

Point taken though. Lol

Maybe not, I surely didn’t know him personally. He sure as heck played like it and looked to be in pads. I’m also pretty sure he didn’t look like JW currently looks.

Just compare freshman seasons. ST made a LOT of plays that jumped off the screen from a freakishly athletic standpoint on a completely loaded team no less.

Point taken though. Lol
Sean only played some Nickle (very little) and STs his frosh yr....but trust me, nothing chiseled about him. I'm not saying he was a Pip Squeak....but he wasn't Chiseled like Granite....Sean was more of a workout runner than anything else....would run miles upon miles a week.

I feel like this is the right answer. I think the terrible culture and attitudes had more of an impact than Feeley being average and poor.
Yeah man like I said I’m not trying to say Feely was anything special or anything but our problems have run much deeper than what exercises we do

Watching the NFL draft this year was a sobering experience

Advertisement
Yeah man like I said I’m not trying to say Feely was anything special or anything but our problems have run much deeper than what exercises we do

Watching the NFL draft this year was a sobering experience
U get the player and let him develop as long as he's giving it his all I'm coo. And I know JW looked like our best defensive player last year. His closing speed is special. And he was playing for a bum HC and he still looked like an NFL player. He was body slamming dudes with his Kevin Durant body.

Advertisement
Some years back FSU had this kid Pat Watkins who was a safety and also around 6' 5". Looks like his weight varied from around 200 to 220 lbs from college through the pros.

Was a 5th round pick of the Cowboys and played in the league and then the CFL for about 7 years total.

I was happy to see they’re out working on their own time, just to be disappointed that the 5 star looks like he still in HS. I know I’m just being harsh, but also ****, our boys don’t look like the top SEC schools and it’s hard to admit

Hopefully he realizes that what he’s doing is gonna potentially hurt him in the long run. There were talks last year that he purposely ate less to not gain any weight. Looks like that trend continued.

Advertisement
Back