SIAP B. Baker may be on the move to TN as DC...

Advertisement
Serious question - If you were Baker, would you jump on the Tennessee DC job if offered or would you stay at LSU as LB Coach for now?
I'd stay at LSU, Tennessee is a sinking ship. If he goes to Tennessee and fails, which almost anyone would now, his career is over. At LSU he can start building again and even if the.team sucks, he won't get blamed as the linebacker coach.

It has everything to do with Manny as a DC because it would mean that Manny didn’t allow Baker to call the Defense the way he wanted, but rather call the Defense as though he were Manny, meaning Manny tried to force baker to be Manny Jr as a DC, which means the Defensive play calls were not Bake’s but Manny’s.

Manny is exclusively a Defensive coach who takes autonomous control of the Defense, which means he either brought in Baker to be his DC because he believed that Baker was just like him as a Defensive play caller, or he brought him in & then realized he actually had a slightly different philosophical view of DC play calling & thus then forced him to conform to Manny’s philosophy. But given that he basically came up under Manny I think it’s safe to assume he already knew what kinda DC Baker was when he hired him.

The point is, Manny is the DC this season, so if Baker was being held back by Manny & is actually a good DC, what does that say about the DC for the 21 season, who just so happens to also be Manny?

If both Manny & Baker are good DC’s then someone explain what happened to the Defense last year? How do two good DC’s on one team yield those kinds of results with a relatively healthy Defense for a majority of the season?
If Baker was trying to imitate Manny as a defensive play caller he was doing a terrible job. I believe @OrangeBowlMagic shared a chart showing the percentage of plays Miami blitzed, and plays where they played man vs zone. In Diaz’s three seasons as defensive coordinator they were very reliant on the blitz and played like 2/3 of the game in man coverage. In 2019, the numbers for both dropped significantly. In 2020 even more. They actually played more zone than man and blitzed at the lowest rate since Diaz has been here. So unless Manny was specifically telling Baker “don’t do what I did successfully for three years”, there’s a significant difference in philosophy.

Is Baker a good defensive coordinator? Right now, I don’t think so. Could he potentially get better? Sure. I think that’s what these teams that are interested are assuming. Outside of 2020, he’s had a decent run of generally solid units. Plus we all know with coaching it’s often who you know, not what you know that gets you jobs.
Besides Heupel is used to his defense not helping out, Randy Shannon has been coaching it at UCF with D’Onofrio-esque results.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You jump into threads at times with this type of wounded Manny Warrior comment like I do making fun of the partisan one-track minded hacks on both sides here.

People can legitimately discuss things and even draw conclusions that don’t necessarily shower all sunshine on Manny and it’s not “anti” anything, it’s called honest thought and discussion supported by differing rationales.

I think most people on here - many of whom aren’t as vocal - are actually more anti-All Slurper and anti-All Mope than anti-Manny.
Facts

Can't say anything negative man the same warriors always come out with their weak armour and shield.
I was hella worried it was Manny's defense the whole time I said that for a long *** time.

tenor (30).gif

Are we glad Baker is gone or not lol?

The coaching fraternity is a complete joke. Tennessee’s athletic department is ran worse than ours. That takes complete incompetency

Advertisement
Advertisement
The anti-mope squad is way worse than the actual mopes
100% right bro, the only reason the mope squad takes a bigger bad rap is because there are more anti mopes. So on optics it makes the mopes look bad when most of the mopes are just being logical and asking questions, we are not willing to stay on a boat with the captain while it sinks while they are.

Seems like just yesterday there were people on here screaming that a great AD like Danny White was the solution here.

Good times.

100% right bro, the only reason the mope squad takes a bigger bad rap is because there are more anti mopes. So on optics it makes the mopes look bad when most of the mopes are just being logical and asking questions, we are not willing to stay on a boat with the captain while it sinks while they are.

Yes your hot takes are a beacon of logic and level headed inquiry.

The mopes haven’t been wrong in close to 2 decades

Advertisement
Back