Should we have a football season?

Hold your breath as long as you then take one of those little ****tail straws and breath through it and see what happens.

No matter how much WE love CFB are you ok with knowing your loved one is going through this an CANNOT SEE THEM EVER AND KNOWING THERE GOING THROUGH THIS FOR MANY HOURS.....TILL

SPORTS CAN WAIT

Advertisement
If there’s one sport that I’d not want to be cancelled this year, it’s football. Hockey is number two then baseball. Guess we will see in the next month or so where this country is at. Cheers.

I am over the response to this. One liberal governor trying to outdo the next for “I did more”. Open the season. Besides, it’s 4 months away, how long we really going to pretend covid is floating thru the air like mustard gas after a chemical attack?

Apparently until we are "guaranteed safe" by our government minders. Good luck to us all.

If there’s one sport that I’d not want to be cancelled this year, it’s football. Hockey is number two then baseball. Guess we will see in the next month or so where this country is at. Cheers.

I can do without the NFL, but I need college football and hockey... without those two, next fall/winter will be brutal

Advertisement
Hold your breath as long as you then take one of those little ****tail straws and breath through it and see what happens.

No matter how much WE love CFB are you ok with knowing your loved one is going through this an CANNOT SEE THEM EVER AND KNOWING THERE GOING THROUGH THIS FOR MANY HOURS.....TILL

SPORTS CAN WAIT
Obviously it's a yes. I don't let emotions get the best of me.

We will play this year. I have no doubt. People are going back to work, and May just started.

The smart people in charge are all speaking publicly about how dangerous the situation is and how we have to monitor it. And they're canceling HS camps and meaningless **** like that, but they're not canceling this season unless there's another gigantic outbreak after businesses start reopening en masse.

Kids will return to college campuses. Some will get sick. Most will recover.

People will start forgetting about this whole thing once it comes off the 24/7 TV news cycle, and it will do that as soon as everything starts reopening barring another shutdown.
Yes, most kids will recover. But they before they do -- and maybe after who knows? -- they will spreading the disease to others. Asymptomatic carriers can be lethal.

I can do without the NFL, but I need college football and hockey... without those two, next fall/winter will be brutal
I agree. Give me college football and the NHL especially with hockey playoffs 3 weeks away I believe back when the season was put on hold. I’m a Lightning fan and I felt they would go on a run this year.

Apparently until we are "guaranteed safe" by our government minders. Good luck to us all.
Clearly, most governors, including yours, are not subscribing to this doomsday "guaranteed safe" soundbite that you keep repeating. Why do you keep harping on it those two words that the decision makers seem to be ignoring?

Advertisement
Yes, most kids will recover. But they before they do -- and maybe after who knows? -- they will spreading the disease to others. Asymptomatic carriers can be lethal.
There will never be zero infections, so if that's what some are waiting for, then they'll be waiting forever. The governors clearly are not subscribing to the "zero infection" model.

By the time June rolls around, unless the early openings reverse all the good that's been done by the sheltering, we'll all be on the severe downside of the curve. They're making rapid advances in medication too apparently.

I am over the response to this. One liberal governor trying to outdo the next for “I did more”. Open the season. Besides, it’s 4 months away, how long we really going to pretend covid is floating thru the air like mustard gas after a chemical attack?
Huh!!! Why you bringing poltics into this trying to bash Democrats?

I agree. Give me college football and the NHL especially with hockey playoffs 3 weeks away I believe back when the season was put on hold. I’m a Lightning fan and I felt they would go on a run this year.

Yeah, they should have last year too, I’m not sure what happened there. They definitely have a good team, have for a while too. It’ll be disappointing if their core can’t win a cup

Advertisement
Yeah, they should have last year too, I’m not sure what happened there. They definitely have a good team, have for a while too. It’ll be disappointing if their core can’t win a cup
Up 3-0 in the second period of game 1 and blowing that lead screwed them for the entire playoffs. They were t faced with adversity all year and when they were they folded like a tent. I think this might be the last year for them because they have some young talented guys they need to resign.

Advertisement
In states that have a low death rate & high recovery rate, there absolutely should be football this season.

In NY, NJ, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennslyvania, Illinois & Connecticut I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled Football for them.

But for Florida, Texas, Virginia, Colorado, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Arizona, Mississippi, Alabama, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, Kansas, Utah, Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Oregon, Idaho, West Virginia, the Dakotas, Montana & Wyoming, there's no reason why they should cancel football.

California & Washington will be tricky, because Washington early on was hit hard with infections, but due to their rigorous shutdown their infection/death numbers dropped way down & they've been doing great with slowing down the contagion spread state wide. Cali's numbers aren't nearly as bad as you would expect given how densely populated the state is, but the Governor most likely will not allow any sports this year & the head Director of Santa Clara's health Department who was the first Doctor to issue the Stay-in-home order in the country said that there will be no sports in her county until after Thanksgiving, that's where the Niners, Warriors, SF Giants & Stanford plays.

Only states that have been devasted & hit hard with C19 should even consider canceling the season, but I don't think any games should be played with fans on the stadiums.

College football should be moved more towards a heavy stream based distributed game anyhow, you can make money from AD revenue to somewhat makeup for raw ticket sales.

I think the season will be moved down to October, but not playing any Football in this calendar year is vast over reaction IMO. Makes no sense to reopen states across the country, reopen businesses, reopen schools & allow people on campuses but not allow athletes to play their respective sports. If everything will eventually reopen before there's a vaccine then there's no reason to cancel Football.

In states that have a low death rate & high recovery rate, there absolutely should be football this season.

In NY, NJ, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennslyvania, Illinois & Connecticut I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled Football for them.

But for Florida, Texas, Virginia, Colorado, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Arizona, Mississippi, Alabama, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, Kansas, Utah, Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Oregon, Idaho, West Virginia, the Dakotas, Montana & Wyoming, there's no reason why they should cancel football.

California & Washington will be tricky, because Washington early on was hit hard with infections, but due to their rigorous shutdown their infection/death numbers dropped way down & they've been doing great with slowing down the contagion spread state wide. Cali's numbers aren't nearly as bad as you would expect given how densely populated the state is, but the Governor most likely will not allow any sports this year & the head Director of Santa Clara's health Department who was the first Doctor to issue the Stay-in-home order in the country said that there will be no sports in her county until after Thanksgiving, that's where the Niners, Warriors, SF Giants & Stanford plays.

Only states that have been devasted & hit hard with C19 should even consider canceling the season, but I don't think any games should be played with fans on the stadiums.

College football should be moved more towards a heavy stream based distributed game anyhow, you can make money from AD revenue to somewhat makeup for raw ticket sales.

I think the season will be moved down to October, but not playing any Football in this calendar year is vast over reaction IMO. Makes no sense to reopen states across the country, reopen businesses, reopen schools & allow people on campuses but not allow athletes to play their respective sports. If everything will eventually reopen before there's a vaccine then there's no reason to cancel Football.
Moving the season is terrible for us, given how poorly we react to arctic temperatures.

Advertisement
Back