Shots Fired ? (Thomas Brown)

Brown said you can't hold the ball too long which is true he did that a couple of times. But a lot of the times he wasn't given enough time to throw the ball
Maybe, in part, he's holding the ball because we're running 4 verticals with nothing underneath and our routes are too basic to get guy's open.

I think that the RB is supposed to be the safety valve and release in the flat but he is constantly having to block because the OL is letting people through at a ridiculous rate. There still should be a TE or another underneath receiver though.

Advertisement
I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen a single Sluggo, Post Corner or Dig route all season.

The route combinations have been lacking. Imagine running this play with Richards, Coley, Herndon, Njoku, and Walton against Bud Foster's six man blitz:

vt.JPG

Brown said you can't hold the ball too long which is true he did that a couple of times. But a lot of the times he wasn't given enough time to throw the ball

the issue if you made the other team respect other plays you might get more time. The D cord have the DE just crashing in on every play so the qb nor the rb has time because hes a puss and will not pull the ball .

There were a handful of plays against VT where Kaaya held the ball too long because nobody could get open. Maybe he needs to give up on certain plays faster and just throw the ball away. What seems to get ignored here in the blame the _____ discussion is the fact that when the receivers aren't dropping passes, they're struggling to get open. Maybe it's the route tree, maybe play design, maybe poor play calling but there were quite a few plays against VT where Kaaya actually had time and couldn't find a open receiver.

Advertisement
I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen a single Sluggo, Post Corner or Dig route all season.

The route combinations have been lacking. Imagine running this play with Richards, Coley, Herndon, Njoku, and Walton against Bud Foster's six man blitz:

View attachment 39785

so running Tecmo bowl plays in the 2016, I see your point . This proves richt is still stuck in the late 80s

Maybe, in part, he's holding the ball because we're running 4 verticals with nothing underneath and our routes are too basic to get guy's open.

What I been saying! No crossing routes or pick plays. No TE seam routes or screen passes to slow down the rush. No dink, No dump and then boom deep.

How many times did Kaaya refuse to checkout out 4 verts? Richt is on record saying Kaaya had all of that power at the line and usually has 2 or 3 plays he can run. If we are not checking out of it or are for some reason checking into it, it is all on Kaaya.

And I am laughing at you all saying if Kaaya is holding onto the ball then it must be for good reason. The reason is he refuses to look at half the field every play. Coley and Richards were running free all night on VT. Busted coverages for days. Kaaya just never looks off of his primary read and then 5 seconds later it is a sack.

If Kaaya is as horrible as the fans and coaches think he is, then they should try Rosier. They're not married to Kaaya.

Why play a QB who is such a liability when you have a guy who performed well in his only start and moves better than Kaaya? Maybe they know it really isn't his fault and if they insert Rosier and he flops even harder the season is dead.

Everyone always cites the Duke game last year as evidence of Rosier being an adequate backup. The truth is Duke's secondary last yr was historically pathetic, and UNC went and passed on them for 400 yards in the first half the next week.

Advertisement

What I been saying! No crossing routes or pick plays. No TE seam routes or screen passes to slow down the rush. No dink, No dump and then boom deep.

We'll run 4 verticals into off coverage on 3rd and 3 against a VT team that was blitzing us regularly. That's just really bad football, and I can't put those sorts of decisions on the QB or OL.

[]_[] swag;2679801 said:
If Kaaya is as horrible as the fans and coaches think he is, then they should try Rosier. They're not married to Kaaya.

Why play a QB who is such a liability when you have a guy who performed well in his only start and moves better than Kaaya? Maybe they know it really isn't his fault and if they insert Rosier and he flops even harder the season is dead.

Everyone always cites the Duke game last year as evidence of Rosier being an adequate backup. The truth is Duke's secondary last yr was historically pathetic, and UNC went and passed on them for 400 yards in the first half the next week.

We've faced some **** defenses this year and done nothing against them. At least Rosier performed adequately against a bad P5 D. I don't think he's the answer, but if everyone thinks Kaaya is the worst, then put the next guy in.

I remember getting downvoted quite a bit for suggesting Rosier would be the back up. All our fans were slurping up Petes bull**** and thought he was a goner. Now we got guys advocating him playing over Kaaya.

You really can't make this **** up.

I wouldn't mind seeing Malik in there at all. I like his skill set.

I'm certainly not saying Rosier would have beat VTech but at some point you gotta face facts when your line sucks, your OC and QB are struggling, when you face a DC like a Bud Foster you know he has no respect for Kaaya moving at all, you make it so easy for him.

Advertisement
I'm certainly not saying Rosier would have beat VTech but at some point you gotta face facts when your line sucks, your OC and QB are struggling, when you face a DC like a Bud Foster you know he has no respect for Kaaya moving at all, you make it so easy for him.

why would they, he has pulled the ball once in 7 games. Time to give Rosier a shot imo

I suggest that with our clear OL issues, most HCs would limit the route runners to one or two. Have the rest in max protection and if the QB reads that the receivers are covered, he should throw it away. Our QB for whatever reason stands there and takes 8 SACs..............

Advertisement

View attachment 39785

thats a sack

Would have been a first down and more if called on this 3rd and 7 play:

[video=youtube_share;06LG0cWveOg]https://youtu.be/06LG0cWveOg[/video]

This. Not to mention, WR's are running routes that isn't causing separation.

Dont think its just the routes...think it has more to do with the WRs

View attachment 39785

This is the kind of thing a lot of us have been saying...

Njoku/herndon/richards/coley/walton/yearby - put those guys on the field at the same time in a 2 back set and the options are endless. Heck, go 3 wide, and put herndon as a FB/HB. Who is the defense going to key on?

The last TD to Coley against FSU was an in-out-up. Double move like slugo

I think Brad is unsure of his read because is not throwing guys open at all this year. He is waiting until they're clear as day open to throw the ball.

Advertisement
Back