Shots Fired ? (Thomas Brown)

Ok, I'm being extra w the title, but the OC Brown kinda slipped today (or did he) and mentioned that Kaaya has to stop holding onto the ball so long.

Couple that w Richt saying at half against V Tech that the QB has to put the ball in play, and I think it's clear that these guys ain't really feeling Brad right now.

Advertisement
Brown said you can't hold the ball too long which is true he did that a couple of times. But a lot of the times he wasn't given enough time to throw the ball

If Kaaya is as horrible as the fans and coaches think he is, then they should try Rosier. They're not married to Kaaya.

Why play a QB who is such a liability when you have a guy who performed well in his only start and moves better than Kaaya? Maybe they know it really isn't his fault and if they insert Rosier and he flops even harder the season is dead.

Brown said you can't hold the ball too long which is true he did that a couple of times. But a lot of the times he wasn't given enough time to throw the ball
Maybe, in part, he's holding the ball because we're running 4 verticals with nothing underneath and our routes are too basic to get guy's open.

Advertisement
That's what I don't understand? Can Rosier make all the throws Kaaya can, obviously not, but he also adds a dimension that Kaaya does not have.
I'm not saying I'm advocating benching Kaaya, but there has to be some situational football he can help in.

Maybe, in part, he's holding the ball because we're running 4 verticals with nothing underneath and our routes are too basic to get guy's open.

On plays where the defense isn't even pretending like they won't blitz, no less.

Last edited:

Yeah I know, I've been saying that too. If that occurs again kaaya should throw the ball away.

This. Not to mention, WR's are running routes that isn't causing separation.

Advertisement
That's what I don't understand? Can Rosier make all the throws Kaaya can, obviously not, but he also adds a dimension that Kaaya does not have.
I'm not saying I'm advocating benching Kaaya, but there has to be some situational football he can help in.

For some reason I thought they might tailor some plays specifically for rosier to come in. Like a wildcat variation. Not a big fan of pulling out the starting qb but at this point it's worth a shot

The fan complaint that [insert QB here] "holds the ball too long" is one of the most misguided observations in the sport. I usually tune them out at that point.

Advertisement
The fan complaint that [insert QB here] "holds the ball too long" is one of the most misguided observations in the sport. I usually tune them out at that point.

Brad took to many sacks in that game. Many of those times he could have threw the ball out of bounds and he didnt

If Kaaya is as horrible as the fans and coaches think he is, then they should try Rosier. They're not married to Kaaya.

Why play a QB who is such a liability when you have a guy who performed well in his only start and moves better than Kaaya? Maybe they know it really isn't his fault and if they insert Rosier and he flops even harder the season is dead.

That's the thing, Kaaya isn't as bad as the fans think. He is still a decent QB. When he's in rhythm you can definitely see why he's our starter, but he needs to somehow get into a rhythm quicker and sustain that over multiple drives throughout the game. He is so hot and cold

LMAO at this coaching staff. My guess is Brad has a bad QB coach. Richt costing that kids millions of dollars.

Advertisement
LMAO at this coaching staff. My guess is Brad has a bad QB coach. Richt costing that kids millions of dollars.
You don't all of a sudden become a bad decision maker and take sacks while showing no awareness in the pocket

The kid is costing himself millions

Last edited:
He needs to put on some Louisville tape and start running some more shallow crosses. When he has done it this year, it has been successful.

s+1.jpg

s+2.jpg

Bobby Petrino?s shallow cross concept ? concepts, routes, and protection | Smart Football

You don't all of a sudden become bad and take sacks whole showing no awareness in the pocket

The kid is costing himself millions

You do when you've lost confidence in your Oline and you lack the killer instinct to win big games. Which he's shown his entire career. He looked like this vs clemson last year before they knocked him out of the game.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen a single Sluggo, Post Corner or Dig route all season.

Advertisement
Back