Shots Fired ? (Thomas Brown)

Just move your ******* feet Brad...move your ******* feet and have some ******* awareness. 5/8 times he was a statue.

Advertisement
I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen a single Sluggo, Post Corner or Dig route all season.

The last TD to Coley against FSU was an in-out-up. Double move like slugo

I think Brad is unsure of his read because is not throwing guys open at all this year. He is waiting until they're clear as day open to throw the ball.

I believe an underappreciated issue that may be causing some of Kaaya problems is he is being asked to read coverages from high to low. I pretty sure Kaaya stated that he was previously reading coverages low to high. This would partially explain his hesitation in his reads.

Another plus of running shallow crosses is that you have to read the shallow first which would put Kaaya in a more comfortable position.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen a single Sluggo, Post Corner or Dig route all season.

I think Brad is unsure of his read because is not throwing guys open at all this year. He is waiting until they're clear as day open to throw the ball.

I believe an underappreciated issue that may be causing some of Kaaya problems is he is being asked to read coverages from high to low. I pretty sure Kaaya stated that he was previously reading coverages low to high. This would partially explain his hesitation in his reads.

Another plus of running shallow crosses is that you have to read the shallow first which would put Kaaya in a more comfortable position.

That's a valid point. More shallow crosses i agree, especially in any variation of man coverage, but it's not a cure all. There's no telling if we'll catch the ball this year, make a guy miss, or break a tackle.

Advertisement
[MENTION=8442]Gransapo[/MENTION] Richt was running shallow cross well before Petrino even made a name for himself. HE has made a lot of QBS money with that passing concept and it's what i thought he would employ with brad and the offense as that seems to fit our personnel better. I don't think Richt needs to take anything from Bobby's playbook.

Besides, Bobby is making a living off of the RPO with lamar jackson this year, not the shallow cross.

Strange, I remember Mark mentioning Kaaya as one of the reasons to take the job. What changed? He took job, hired staff, coached all year and I think Kaaya got a new haircut. It must be that frigging new hair cut.

Brown said you can't hold the ball too long which is true he did that a couple of times. But a lot of the times he wasn't given enough time to throw the ball
Maybe, in part, he's holding the ball because we're running 4 verticals with nothing underneath and our routes are too basic to get guy's open.

This. Not to mention, WR's are running routes that isn't causing separation.

Dont think its just the routes...think it has more to do with the WRs

It is the routes on certain situations in particular 3rd down

That's a valid point. More shallow crosses i agree, especially in any variation of man coverage, but it's not a cure all. There's no telling if we'll catch the ball this year, make a guy miss, or break a tackle.
I don't understand it kaaya throws well over the middle of the field and when richt was calling plays for fsu and uga all they ran was shallow crosses so why are we using them now is just blowing my mind

Advertisement
Strange, I remember Mark mentioning Kaaya as one of the reasons to take the job. What changed? He took job, hired staff, coached all year and I think Kaaya got a new haircut. It must be that frigging new hair cut.

The Sideshow Bob haircut is to blame. That's gotta be it.

kayaa's just trash I really wish people would just stop

I was one of the people that said he'd be a heisman dark horse and I was wrong and freely admit to it

he stares his first option down, he does not read a defense, he does not check out of plays, he throws erratic passes

it's just sad

Why are defenses so confident to play our receivers in man coverage???? Answer that. They stack the line to blitz and stop the RB's and our WR's are not beating man coverage. With a suspect OL and no one open Kaaya is getting sacked at a alarming rate. Running more will not help as the box is stacked. Kaaya is in a no win situation.For the guys who are *****ing about Kaaya, he got a molar knocked out and never blinked. Imagine the force that takes. The guy is tough as nails. I would like to hit some of you keyboard warriors that hard and see how you respond.

Last edited:
How many times did Kaaya refuse to checkout out 4 verts? Richt is on record saying Kaaya had all of that power at the line and usually has 2 or 3 plays he can run. If we are not checking out of it or are for some reason checking into it, it is all on Kaaya.

And I am laughing at you all saying if Kaaya is holding onto the ball then it must be for good reason. The reason is he refuses to look at half the field every play. Coley and Richards were running free all night on VT. Busted coverages for days. Kaaya just never looks off of his primary read and then 5 seconds later it is a sack.

You're right more than most in this thread.

The people saying he has four vertical routes are wrong as well. We've shown everything but the option, nothing is working. There's also guys getting open and LMFAO at those saying we need to quit running simple routes because our WR's aren't getting separation.

Kaaya is holding the ball too long. There's no question on that. He's also not scanning the field quickly enough. BHis footwork limits that, two left feet will do that to you.

OL could be better, but whatever.

Advertisement
Why are defenses so confident to play our receivers in man coverage???? Answer that. They stack the line to blitz and stop the RB's and our WR's are not beating man coverage. With a suspect OL and no one open Kaaya is getting sacked at a alarming rate. Running more will not help as the box is stacked. Kaaya is in a no win situation.For the guys who are *****ing about Kaaya, he got a molar knocked out and never blinked. Imagine the force that takes. The guy is tough as nails. I would like to hit some of you keyboard warriors that hard and see how you respond.

The blitz more often than not will get to a QB "If" he doesn't see it coming and make his quick read to the hot receiver. There's one guy he's supposed to have an out. Of he doesn't have one at the pre-snap alignment, he needs to audible.

Short story, they know if you even get close to Kaaya, he'll not deliver. He's proving that so emphatically this year that even the average joes around here are beginning to see it.

Have you ever heard a coach not praise his team or players prior to their first game? Its coach speak and contrary to what a lot of people say around here, Coley was pretty good at masking BK's weaknesses to the casual observer.

The route combinations have been lacking. Imagine running this play with Richards, Coley, Herndon, Njoku, and Walton against Bud Foster's six man blitz:

View attachment 39785

thats a sack

Would have been a first down and more if called on this 3rd and 7 play:

[video=youtube_share;06LG0cWveOg]https://youtu.be/06LG0cWveOg[/video]

Berrios lining up as the outside receiver (running deep routes he can't catch) drives me absolutely insane

He needs to be that "safety valve" guy running to the first down line and just turning around

Granted, I know he caught a deep pass against VT, and I know they have him there for blocking purposes, but I hate it

Advertisement
[MENTION=8442]Gransapo[/MENTION] Richt was running shallow cross well before Petrino even made a name for himself. HE has made a lot of QBS money with that passing concept and it's what i thought he would employ with brad and the offense as that seems to fit our personnel better. I don't think Richt needs to take anything from Bobby's playbook.

Besides, Bobby is making a living off of the RPO with lamar jackson this year, not the shallow cross.
[MENTION=10677]Canezum5[/MENTION] I agree Richt was running shallow crosses since his FSU days but that doesn't mean he can't learn from other offensive minds and improve himself, especially since he hasn't called plays in forever.

My point is for whatever reason he is not running shallow crosses enough. I believe our offensive personnel is ideal for this type of play calling, specifically against the FSUs and VTech of the world.

Shoot, I think he would have killed both the Seminoles & Hokies with variations of the play he became famous for:

fsu.JPG

For whatever reason, he chooses not to run more shallow crosses.

Last edited:

I don't understand it kaaya throws well over the middle of the field and when richt was calling plays for fsu and uga all they ran was shallow crosses so why are we using them now is just blowing my mind

Was the missed throw to Njoku on 4th and 1 against UNC considered the middle of the field?

Brown said you can't hold the ball too long which is true he did that a couple of times. But a lot of the times he wasn't given enough time to throw the ball
Maybe, in part, he's holding the ball because we're running 4 verticals with nothing underneath and our routes are too basic to get guy's open.

This. Not to mention, WR's are running routes that isn't causing separation.

You have hit the nail on the head...Every now and then Richards gets loose, Coley can only catch it if it goes 10 yards then he's gonna fall down have no idea where Berrios goes during the ballgame, with the exception of one or two plays..Blocking by WR's is non-existent ...

That's what I don't understand? Can Rosier make all the throws Kaaya can, obviously not, but he also adds a dimension that Kaaya does not have.
I'm not saying I'm advocating benching Kaaya, but there has to be some situational football he can help in.

I think people are overestimating how much some mobility will help when compared to the drop off in accuracy/decision making. Yes I remember the Duke game, but there's a reason that Rosier hasn't earned the #2 job. For that matter, who is the #2 ? Maybe it is Rosier, but whoever it is Richt isn't excited about them.

Advertisement
Back