Shots Fired ? (Thomas Brown)

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen a single Sluggo, Post Corner or Dig route all season.

The route combinations have been lacking. Imagine running this play with Richards, Coley, Herndon, Njoku, and Walton against Bud Foster's six man blitz:

View attachment 39785

thats a sack

Would have been a first down and more if called on this 3rd and 7 play:

[video=youtube_share;06LG0cWveOg]https://youtu.be/06LG0cWveOg[/video]

Njoku was wide open on the play in your video. Had Kaaya looked to the left side of field its a first down, even with Walton missing his block.

Advertisement
LOL!! Been saying it for weeks Kaaya is overrated and not even close to an NFL caliber QB. Average at best. Only way he improves is by having a star studded OL protecting him, i.e. Alabama...

[MENTION=8442]Gransapo[/MENTION] Richt was running shallow cross well before Petrino even made a name for himself. HE has made a lot of QBS money with that passing concept and it's what i thought he would employ with brad and the offense as that seems to fit our personnel better. I don't think Richt needs to take anything from Bobby's playbook.

Besides, Bobby is making a living off of the RPO with lamar jackson this year, not the shallow cross.
[MENTION=10677]Canezum5[/MENTION] I agree Richt was running shallow crosses since his FSU days but that doesn't mean he can't learn from other offensive minds and improve himself, especially since he hasn't called plays in forever.

My point is for whatever reason he is not running shallow crosses enough. I believe our offensive personnel is ideal for this type of play calling, specifically against the FSUs and VTech of the world.

Shoot, I think he would have killed both the Seminoles & Hokies with variations of the play he became famous for:

View attachment 39792

For whatever reason, he chooses not to run more shallow crosses.

Therein lies the problem.You contradict yourself. The remedy is more shallow cross, Richts old schtick.

So Richt doesnt need to take any new advice he needs to go back to his bread and butter? gotcha.

Richt adapting new playbooks..Rpo...(shid hes never ran in his career)........ is what got us in this mess in the first place.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen a single Sluggo, Post Corner or Dig route all season.

What? Haven't seen Sluggo all season? Well here you go....... ec3ec936b30400c8a2bcc2455f078751.jpg

That's what I don't understand? Can Rosier make all the throws Kaaya can, obviously not, but he also adds a dimension that Kaaya does not have.
I'm not saying I'm advocating benching Kaaya, but there has to be some situational football he can help in.

I think people are overestimating how much some mobility will help when compared to the drop off in accuracy/decision making. Yes I remember the Duke game, but there's a reason that Rosier hasn't earned the #2 job. For that matter, who is the #2 ? Maybe it is Rosier, but whoever it is Richt isn't excited about them.

theres no live bullets in practice with QB's, so theres certain situations you can't reproduce, and what we saw from Rosier vs Duke was an ability to make plays in duress

Advertisement
How many times did Kaaya refuse to checkout out 4 verts? Richt is on record saying Kaaya had all of that power at the line and usually has 2 or 3 plays he can run. If we are not checking out of it or are for some reason checking into it, it is all on Kaaya.

And I am laughing at you all saying if Kaaya is holding onto the ball then it must be for good reason. The reason is he refuses to look at half the field every play. Coley and Richards were running free all night on VT. Busted coverages for days. Kaaya just never looks off of his primary read and then 5 seconds later it is a sack.

You're right more than most in this thread.

The people saying he has four vertical routes are wrong as well. We've shown everything but the option, nothing is working. There's also guys getting open and LMFAO at those saying we need to quit running simple routes because our WR's aren't getting separation.

Kaaya is holding the ball too long. There's no question on that. He's also not scanning the field quickly enough. BHis footwork limits that, two left feet will do that to you.

OL could be better, but whatever.

Better question is...how the **** aren't Coley and Richards the first 2 reads?? They are by far our best options.

Strange, I remember Mark mentioning Kaaya as one of the reasons to take the job. What changed? He took job, hired staff, coached all year and I think Kaaya got a new haircut. It must be that frigging new hair cut.

Have you ever heard a coach not praise his team or players prior to their first game? Its coach speak and contrary to what a lot of people say around here, Coley was pretty good at masking BK's weaknesses to the casual observer.

True. He said shortly after taking the job. Doesn't matter any more than what he says now. All that matters is he has lost 3 in a row and team looks worse each week. You can run from those facts but he can't hide from them. If Kaaya is the problem, bench him and put in someone else, but you need to consider why he looks worse and fire the coach responsible too. That is all I am saying. Before the season tons of people thinking and talking about Brad's NFL future, not it is about IF he has a college future. You need to figure out who's fault that is.

Strange, I remember Mark mentioning Kaaya as one of the reasons to take the job. What changed? He took job, hired staff, coached all year and I think Kaaya got a new haircut. It must be that frigging new hair cut.

The Sideshow Bob haircut is to blame. That's gotta be it.

Makes sense to me. It seems a lot of people are convince it can't be Mark or Jon, and just as many that it can't be Brad, so it must be the haircut.

[]_[] swag;2679801 said:
If Kaaya is as horrible as the fans and coaches think he is, then they should try Rosier. They're not married to Kaaya.

Why play a QB who is such a liability when you have a guy who performed well in his only start and moves better than Kaaya? Maybe they know it really isn't his fault and if they insert Rosier and he flops even harder the season is dead.

Everyone always cites the Duke game last year as evidence of Rosier being an adequate backup. The truth is Duke's secondary last yr was historically pathetic, and UNC went and passed on them for 400 yards in the first half the next week.

Seasons lost, Kaaya is scared and terrible. Whats so bad bout letting Rosier get a shot? Or even Shirreffs

Advertisement
The problem is Kaaya is missing wide open WR because he locks in on one guy to start most plays. His reads have been awful.

That's what I don't understand? Can Rosier make all the throws Kaaya can, obviously not, but he also adds a dimension that Kaaya does not have.
I'm not saying I'm advocating benching Kaaya, but there has to be some situational football he can help in.

I think people are overestimating how much some mobility will help when compared to the drop off in accuracy/decision making. Yes I remember the Duke game, but there's a reason that Rosier hasn't earned the #2 job. For that matter, who is the #2 ? Maybe it is Rosier, but whoever it is Richt isn't excited about them.

theres no live bullets in practice with QB's, so theres certain situations you can't reproduce, and what we saw from Rosier vs Duke was an ability to make plays in duress

True that he played well that game, but I would think the opposite would be true about practice. I'd expect there to be guys who could do it in practice but not in game situations. I think Richt would need to give up on the season to play a kid he doesn't believe in.

IIRC Rosier is the back-up, but that's irrelevant. I don't think I'm incorrect in saying that the trade off in accuracy and decision making for some mobility is worth it to an extent especially when you consider that neither of those qualities Kaaya has excelled at to this point.
I might feel differently had he led the team down the field vs UNC to pull that one out, but...

If Kaaya is as horrible as the fans and coaches think he is, then they should try Rosier. They're not married to Kaaya.

Why play a QB who is such a liability when you have a guy who performed well in his only start and moves better than Kaaya? Maybe they know it really isn't his fault and if they insert Rosier and he flops even harder the season is dead.

Well said and I am of the same opinion. I think if Kaya doesnt show improvment the first few series you have got to go Rosier at some point. Malik went up to Duke last year and balled out. We were up two scores late in the game and Gorlden went all conservative on O and the D collapsed not to mention the Refs jobbed us on their last drive. Malik played well enough in that game to earn some consideration if Kaya keeps crapping the bed.

Advertisement

IIRC Rosier is the back-up, but that's irrelevant. I don't think I'm incorrect in saying that the trade off in accuracy and decision making for some mobility is worth it to an extent especially when you consider that neither of those qualities Kaaya has excelled at to this point.
I might feel differently had he led the team down the field vs UNC to pull that one out, but...

Season 121comp 196att 1696 yds 61.7% 8.65avg 62lng 12td 5int 15sack 149.5rat

Those numbers aren't spectacular, but I'd be surprised if Rosier could do the same. Interesting that Kayaa's been sacked 1 less time than all of last year. Rosier might have avoided a few of those, but they're mostly on the OL. It would take a better runner than Rosier to make much with what the OL is giving.

Well said and I am of the same opinion. I think if Kaya doesnt show improvment the first few series you have got to go Rosier at some point. Malik went up to Duke last year and balled out. We were up two scores late in the game and Gorlden went all conservative on O and the D collapsed not to mention the Refs jobbed us on their last drive. Malik played well enough in that game to earn some consideration if Kaya keeps crapping the bed.

Remember that the team had a spark from al getting fired and Artie's mom dying. I think they all played a little above themselves that game.

Season 121comp 196att 1696 yds 61.7% 8.65avg 62lng 12td 5int 15sack 149.5rat

Those numbers aren't spectacular, but I'd be surprised if Rosier could do the same. Interesting that Kayaa's been sacked 1 less time than all of last year. Rosier might have avoided a few of those, but they're mostly on the OL. It would take a better runner than Rosier to make much with what the OL is giving.

I don't disagree with you , I'm not advocating Rosier starting over Kaaya, but I am wondering why there's been no use of him in any situation considering he does have some playing time under his belt. Even UNC went to a wildcat formation and their QB has been lights out this year.

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya is the problem, his lack of talent is of course an issue, but how soft he is, is the biggest issue. The coaches can see the obvious.

Brad Kaaya is the problem, his lack of talent is of course an issue, but how soft he is, is the biggest issue. The coaches can see the obvious.

This "lack of talent" thing is popular right now, but it's crap. Dude isn't playing well right now, but he has for 2 years. Nobody was worried about him, nobody had anything bad to say about the guy before the 5th game. Not saying he doesn't deserve criticism, but he doesn't lack talent. He did a decent job of avoiding pressure last year, so he has the ability.

Read his post again. I think you missed the sarcasm and his point.

This "lack of talent" thing is popular right now, but it's crap. Dude isn't playing well right now, but he has for 2 years. Nobody was worried about him, nobody had anything bad to say about the guy before the 5th game. Not saying he doesn't deserve criticism, but he doesn't lack talent. He did a decent job of avoiding pressure last year, so he has the ability.

no he was terrible last year at everything he is terrible at now

Advertisement
Back