Shemar Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My annual Bailey story... Soph year at UM I put a hot tub in my dorm room, 7th floor (of course) Mahoney. Not like a cheap inflatable hot tub, full size 3-4 person 220v tub, had to loft both beds to make it fit. Word got around and occasionally some football players would ask to use it. I came home from class one day and Bailey went through my suitemates room through the connected bathroom to use it. He **** near took up the entire tub and to walk in and see him there absent any warning was not what i was expecting, we had kind of a quick "sup" moment then I proceeded to kick his *** in FIFA and thats it. thats the story.
So ... you and Allen Bailey ... hot tub ... private room ... that's the story?

Advertisement
LSU started with Travis Daniels from South Broward. Butch was all over him, took trips to Tenn, OSU, etc and out of the blue he went to LSU.

This was same year Amato and Doc Holiday were dropping bags in South FL left and right. They got Sterling Hicks, from Ely, Tramain Hall from Deerfield, Greg Golden from STA and Marcus Hudson from South Dade oppo Antrelle. **** was going down left and right around the turn of the millennium.
Saban has had relationships in South Florida going back to his Michigan State days in the mid 80s. He was the DC & DB's coach there when they got Lorenzo White (two time Heisman finalist) out of Dillard in Fort Lauderdale. He got Sedrick Irvin out of Miami High when he was MSU's head coach and 2 DBs named Jimel Cofer and Broderick Nelson from South Broward to Michigan State a couple years previous to getting Travis Daniels to LSU.

I'm not saying bags weren't involved, they probably were. But by the time Saban was at LSU, he already had 15 years of established relationships at a bunch of Dade and Broward schools like South Broward from when he recruited down here in his Michigan State days.

One of the same coaches who was at South Broward when Nelson went to Michigan State & when Travis Daniels went to LSU was also at Ely (if I'm not mistaken) when Patrick Peterson went to LSU.

Maybe that was the local connect, I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Same goes with Doc Holliday. He was at WVU in the 80s & 90s when they were prolly down here promising local kids who the Big 3 didn't want that they'd get to play Miami in the Big East every year.

Random: I'm cousins with Dwayne Bowe on my pop's side @gogeta4. Don't know much about his recruitment details at all tho. lol

My annual Bailey story... Soph year at UM I put a hot tub in my dorm room, 7th floor (of course) Mahoney. Not like a cheap inflatable hot tub, full size 3-4 person 220v tub, had to loft both beds to make it fit. Word got around and occasionally some football players would ask to use it. I came home from class one day and Bailey went through my suitemates room through the connected bathroom to use it. He **** near took up the entire tub and to walk in and see him there absent any warning was not what i was expecting, we had kind of a quick "sup" moment then I proceeded to kick his *** in FIFA and thats it. thats the story.
I love that story. I remember you going into depth a couple of years ago on its construction. Innovative and hilarious. Love how you said you tested the floor’s ability to hold the tub!

Advertisement
LSU started with Travis Daniels from South Broward. Butch was all over him, took trips to Tenn, OSU, etc and out of the blue he went to LSU.

This was same year Amato and Doc Holiday were dropping bags in South FL left and right. They got Sterling Hicks, from Ely, Tramain Hall from Deerfield, Greg Golden from STA and Marcus Hudson from South Dade oppo Antrelle. **** was going down left and right around the turn of the millennium.
Trav connection was Saban bagged some neighborhood guys from his hood when he was at Mich State.

That's why I laugh when folks think its something new Saban Beeeeen in broward grabbing dbs...word to Broderick Nelson and the homie Travis Daniels

Cool story..gogeta played against TravisDaniel's, Greg Golden and Tramain Hall early in his hs career.

It's unusual that Jake Garcia is so involved in recruiting already. He's recruiting defensive ends from Miami and cornerbacks from Mississippi.
My only guess is he knows this class and his class are crucial during his starting QB time tk be able to compete with the big boys

gotta have talent at other positions he’s helping mold his team

Trav connection was Saban bagged some neighborhood guys from his hood when he was at Mich State.

That's why I laugh when folks think its something new Saban Beeeeen in broward grabbing dbs...word to Broderick Nelson and the homie Travis Daniels

Cool story..gogeta played against TravisDaniel's, Greg Golden and Tramain Hall early in his hs career.
Yup. Just mentioned Broderick too and it goes back even further than that: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/shemar-stewart.168670/post-5239551

Advertisement
Saban has had relationships in South Florida going back to his Michigan State days in the mid 80s. He was the DC & DB's coach there when they got Lorenzo White (two time Heisman finalist) out of Dillard in Fort Lauderdale. He got Sedrick Irvin out of Miami High when he was MSU's head coach and 2 DBs named Jimel Cofer and Broderick Nelson from South Broward to Michigan State a couple years previous to getting Travis Daniels to LSU.

I'm not saying bags weren't involved, they probably were. But by the time Saban was at LSU, he already had 15 years of established relationships at a bunch of Dade and Broward schools like South Broward from when he recruited down here in his Michigan State days.

One of the same coaches who was at South Broward when Nelson went to Michigan State & when Travis Daniels went to LSU was also at Ely (if I'm not mistaken) when Patrick Peterson went to LSU.

Maybe that was the local connect, I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Same goes with Doc Holliday. He was at WVU in the 80s & 90s when they were prolly down here promising local kids who the Big 3 didn't want that they'd get to play Miami in the Big East every year.

Random: I'm cousins with Dwayne Bowe on my pop's side @gogeta4. Don't know much about his recruitment details at all tho. lol
I know where Saban was and who he recruited. The South Broward guys were from 1998. Josh Shaw from Dillard was earlier. He had a little space in South FL, but when he left, Bill Miller, famous for our Syracuse meltdown was his DC at Mich St. and they still tried to hold a footprint recruiting Matthias Askew out of Dillard. He hired Miller then dipped for LSU a few weeks later. I played that year against both, took visits with both, recruited just as heavily, trust me, bags were dropped to get LSU in the door in South FL and Daniels was the guy. They tried many others too, but LSU was never a player in South FL before that.

Holiday had Amato to fall back on with his FSU tenure as his resume in the state and area. No one liked Saban

Last edited:

Then you played against me homie. ask @nycane who I am if you want to know, but I ain't some Johnny come lately.

Advertisement
I know where Saban was and who he recruited. The South Broward guys were from 1998. Josh Shaw from Dillard was earlier. He had a little space in South FL, but when he left, Bill Miller, famous for our Syracuse meltdown was his DC at Mich St. and they still tried to hold a footprint recruiting Matthias Askew out of Dillard. He hired Miller then dipped for LSU a few weeks later. I played that year against both, took visits with both, recruited just as heavily, trust me, bags were dropped to get LSU in the door in South FL and Daniels was the guy. They tried many others too, but LSU was never a player in South FL before that.

Holiday had Amato to fall back on with his FSU tenure as his resume in the state and area. No one liked Saban
This...

LOTS of electrical configuration and separating of the common elements. It took popping a few breakers to figure out how they were set up, they also had this lame *** AC thermostat that was motion detected, it would shut off mid-day when no one was in the room to save energy and it be like walking into a swamp, I also cut those wires and had the hot tub constantly ON at 102 and the AC constantly running at a brisk 69.

it was the only thing that came to mind other than simply saying "wrong room" to my own **** dorm and dipping out lol
im gonna need to see pics of this. How did you get around the random dorm safety check they did each semester? Also, how did you get the **** thing into the room? Those doorways were narrow as ****. I thought it was cool I set my dorm up with surround sound, this is next level.

im gonna need to see pics of this. How did you get around the random dorm safety check they did each semester? Also, how did you get the **** thing into the room? Those doorways were narrow as ****. I thought it was cool I set my dorm up with surround sound, this is next level.

I'll get some pics off my old FB and send them to you. We got a hardcover and would toss a bunch of blankets and pillows on it so it just looked like an odd couch/futon. We did eventually get busted during a "random" check over a long holiday break second semester where neither myself nor my roommate was around. The RA (on our floor was cool) came after and asked how long we had it, when we said months, he said he saw a bunch of girls in bikinis running around and water going to our room but thought we were having "shower parties" w/e the F that is. School was ****ed.

We were placed on Final Disciplinary Probation (we appealed) because they said we broke the rules, we politely pointed out there was no rule against hot tubs, they said it was analogous to a waterbed which is prohibited. We disagreed saying the rules say we can have fishtanks and in Pentland freshman year we had a 100 gallon saltwater tank no one objected to, I can drop a goldfish in the hot tub and itll be a big *** fishtank. They then said we jeopardized the structural integrity of the building (which we did test beforehand). We settled our punishment and the main thing was we couldn't stay on campus anymore, had to move off-campus.

To get it into the room we had to take the door of the hinges and place it on its side. We had less than a 1/2 inch for clearance and had measured/researched hot tubs that weren't as tall so we knew it could fit, generally tub fall between 32-45 inches, pretty sure that door was a hair over or under 34 and you are right most doors are around 36 so they were narrow. We had a series of longboards to act like dollies down the hallways and I loosened all the hinges before we made our move so it was easy on/easy off and we had friends at "checkpoints" keeping lookout so everything rolled smooth. Got a simple water fitting to connect a cheap hose to the shower head and thats how we filled it up.

Last edited:
I'll get some pics off my old FB and send them to you. We got a hardcover and would toss a bunch of blankets and pillows on it so it just looked like an odd couch/futon. We did eventually get busted during a "random" check over a long holiday break second semester where neither myself nor my roommate was around. The RA (on our floor was cool) came after and asked how long we had it, when we said months, he said he saw a bunch of girls in bikinis running around and water going to our room but thought we were having "shower parties" w/e the F that is. School was ****ed.

We were placed on Final Disciplinary Probation (we appealed) because they said we broke the rules, we politely pointed out there was no rule against hot tubs, they said it was analogous to a waterbed which is prohibited. We disagreed saying the rules say we can have fishtanks and in Pentland freshman year we had a 100 gallon saltwater tank no one objected to, I can drop a goldfish in the hot tub and itll be a big *** fishtank. They then said we jeopardized the structural integrity of the building. We settled our punishment and the main thing was we couldn't stay on campus anymore, had to move off-campus.

To get it into the room we had to take the door of the hinges and place it on its side. We had less than a 1/2 inch for clearance and had measured/researched hot tubs that weren't as tall so we knew it could fit. We had a series of longboards to act like dollies down the hallways and I loosened all the hinges before we made our move so it was easy on/easy off and we had friends at "checkpoints" keeping lookout so everything rolled smooth. Got a simple water fitting to connect a cheap hose to the shower head and thats how we filled it up.
Send nudes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back