2022 Shemar Stewart goes A2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He's already showed he can recruit kids to Iraq University. That's a good sign with a bigger brand he will eat. That's always a good sign doing more with no brand....if he gets a brand he will be able to get talent. I mean he's getting kids to go to JSU that an accomplishment in itself.
NIL is getting kids to go there..idk if barstool will give him that at FSU

Reactions: jsy
I really don’t get it. Yes the NIL money is good. But you can get that or close to it at a P5 program and play on national tv every week and get your name out there for the nfl. Where you can make 50x NIL if you’re good. It makes no sense for elite kids to go a program where nobody is ever going to watch you play.
When have we known kids to make smart decision
It’s crazy it’s just a instant gratification world we live in more
They don’t think about the long game

Deion still trying to sell the fad. I'm sure a few more may fall for it before other players see them struggle to develop and realize it hurts their chances at making a career out of football.
Imagine going there realizing your buddies will be playing on primetime tv and his games will be on ESPN3. LOL

Advertisement
It’s bc Deion is basically an employee at Barstool; at least he was briefly before being hired by JSU. He used to give out NFL spreads and **** like that. Portnoy loves him.

They are also doing a Netflix type documentary of him coaching at JSU so they are financially tied to the success of the program while deion is there so they are backing him

Advertisement
It’s bc Deion is basically an employee at Barstool; at least he was briefly before being hired by JSU. He used to give out NFL spreads and **** like that. Portnoy loves him.
This. Deion is close to Barstool. Kids aren't going to Jacksonville State just to play for Deion.

I havent seen them giving NIL to anyone else......

Headed to UGA this weekend
I don't like this. No good can come from a last minute UGA full court press with bags in tow on their campus.

Man if Mario can fight off A&M and UGA for Shemar, it will show the world the fence can actually be rebuilt. Shemar is a huge recruit for us on so many levels.

Advertisement
I don't like this. No good can come from a last minute UGA full court press with bags in tow on their campus.

Man if Mario can fight off A&M and UGA for Shemar, it will show the world the fence can actually be rebuilt. Shemar is a huge recruit for us on so many levels.
Been saying it but if we land him, it’s the greatest modern recruiting win for Miami all things considered. NIL, coaching change, national champs, greatest recruiting class ever, his handler, Jackson State, etc. Beyond a tall task but it seems Mario has a real good chance of pulling it off.

Sorry but people are completely blowing up the barstool and JSU connection much more than it is. Hunter is one thing and any reason to associate him with Barstool, especially with him shocking the world and picking a HBCU is going to be beneficial for them.

Coleman did not pick JSU because of Barstool and neither did all their other recruits and transfers. They did it because they were going to be coaches by Deion and in Coleman's case playing against his good friend Hunter in practice.

Portnoy, the president of Barstool, is a Michigan grad and a big fan. Trust me if they are going to align with a school it would be them. But they are in it for recognition and marketing not helping their schools at least not now.

Hunter was great for marketing, they don't need a certain school. If they want Stewart they can have him at whatever school he goes, the shock of an HBCU won't be nearly as big this time. It won't be beneficial if both their athletes aren't playing big time opponents.

Advertisement
banana-in-the-tailpipe-eddie-murphy.gif

Deion still trying to sell the fad. I'm sure a few more may fall for it before other players see them struggle to develop and realize it hurts their chances at making a career out of football.

JSU may be a bit of an exception at the moment with Deion being who he is, BUT he himself almost pulled a Master P and pulled his son out of JSU because of the lack of medical capabilities. I understand these kids want to be apart of something cool and be “trend setters”. But I really hate for a bunch of them to find out the hard way the HBCUs just aren’t equipped to to continually produce/nurture top prospects. I know there are all time greats, Walter Payton was my idol as a kid, but on a consistent basis it’s going to be very tough for these kids to spend 3+ years at these schools and get where they want to go

Imagine going there realizing your buddies will be playing on primetime tv and his games will be on ESPN3. LOL
I mean to be fair, how many of our games were on prime time? I know two of our games last season weren't even available through my Hulu Plus Live TV subscription.

Georgia will shoot its shot with unsigned five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart this weekend as the South Florida-based pass rusher will be in Athens on an official visit starting early Friday evening.

While Stewart has long been considering the Bulldogs, it sounds like the national champions are going to need to make up some ground over the next few days if Stewart is going to end up inking with UGA as the latest intel continues to suggest that both Texas A&M and Miami are out in front. The good news for Georgia with less than two weeks to go before National Signing Day? That push started Thursday night as Stewart met with both Tray Scott and Will Muschamp, who outlined that the Bulldogs have a need up front with Travon Walker headed to the NFL.

Only time will tell how things go at UGA, but the real official visit to keep an eye on will occur next weekend when Stewart makes his way down to Miami. The Hurricanes and new head coach Mario Cristobal seem to have left a lasting impression on Stewart after he spent time in Coral Gables on an unofficial visit last Saturday, and that's a big reason why the Aggies – who have long been considered the leader recruitment – sent almost its entire staff to meet with Stewart earlier this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back