Shawn Burgess-Becker transferring

Advertisement
Mediocre talent.... The big draw when he was being recruited was possibly landing Ridley who is an elite talent. He can be a solid safety but honestly he was never a special talent. Pass

Eh, without knowing a lot more about the why this is occurring I'd be very cautious. Something just feels off here.

Mediocre talent.... The big draw when he was being recruited was possibly landing Ridley who is an elite talent. He can be a solid safety but honestly he was never a special talent. Pass

That's sour grapes right there. SBB was an elite athlete the question was where he was going to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

That's sour grapes right there. SBB was an elite athlete the question was where he was going to play.

No it's really not. He wasn't an "elite" athlete or talent. The big reason for going after him was because of Ridley. Obviously that's true considering how dominant Ridley is and SBB living on the bench so much he has to transfer.

No it's really not. He wasn't an "elite" athlete or talent. The big reason for going after him was because of Ridley.

Really? I haven't ever seen him play, so I don't know. I don't remember him as being package deal bait at all.... Most people over there in sunny south Florida said SBB was a monster on the boards. Sure, they're prone to exaggerate, but the quantity of chatter about him was that of an elite level prospect. Not saying they were right or wrong, I just don't have the same memory of his recruiting story as you're putting out there here.

No it's really not. He wasn't an "elite" athlete or talent. The big reason for going after him was because of Ridley.

Really? I haven't ever seen him play, so I don't know. I don't remember him as being package deal bait at all.... Most people over there in sunny south Florida said SBB was a monster on the boards. Sure, they're prone to exaggerate, but the quantity of chatter about him was that of an elite level prospect. Not saying they were right or wrong, I just don't have the same memory of his recruiting story as you're putting out there here.

Don't get me wrong, he was a solid talent and would've played here(**** Dallas Crawford started here) but he's no game-changer like Ridley was/is and that's obviously showing since SBB can't even touch the field in Bama. Obviously Bama has great talent in their secondary but him not seeing the field much shows he wasn't that good to begin with.

Advertisement

Don't get me wrong, he was a solid talent and would've played here(**** Dallas Crawford started here) but he's no game-changer like Ridley was/is and that's obviously showing since SBB can't even touch the field in Bama. Obviously Bama has great talent in their secondary but him not seeing the field much shows he wasn't that good to begin with.

well to be fair the safeties playing now at Alabama will be in the league

Bama only wanted Ridley, but these 2 were a package$$$$deal.

To get Ridley they bit it for one year knowing they could push the lesser player out.

Bama only wanted Ridley, but these 2 were a package$$$$deal.

To get Ridley they bit it for one year knowing they could push the lesser player out.

Their love musn't be as strong as Tyler Bird's with Fills-**** if Ridley is cool with this. I really hope Luigi didn't mislead either of them during their recruitment to Alabamy.

Advertisement

Saban wins he lied and got a first rounder and knew the other would transfer. Fkin boss

well to be fair the safeties playing now at Alabama will be in the league

Geez, he must've been terrible then since he didn't play.

This is the first time I recall the package deal stuff. I remember one of them saying they would like to play together, and it isn't like Alabama has to offer friends of elite players to get recruits to commit.

There's clearly a lot of bs and revisionist history going on here.

If Richt pulls SBB, JC and Irvin it will be Golden's best DB class ever.

Crazy to see all these guys transfer. Should have all been Canes, now they missed their chance. Crappy situations

Why should they all have come here? The timing was bad, we had a dumpster fire of a staff, and our own fans saying they wouldn't send a kid of theirs to play for Golden. You have an offer from the best program in the land with nothing to suggest they were going to fall off the map as we had. Seems to me, it was a no brainer at the time.

Richt is here now, breathing life back into the program. Should this player or any other who opted for elsewhere become available and he think they can help this team, he'll go after them for sure.

Advertisement
I've never seen him play but just because he isn't as good as Ridley doesn't mean he's a Jag. Ridley is a special talent. I'm sure he would be an upgrade over a few safeties we have on our current roster.

I've never seen him play but just because he isn't as good as Ridley doesn't mean he's a Jag. Ridley is a special talent. I'm sure he would be an upgrade over a few safeties we have on our current roster.
Maybe he'd be an upgrade. Maybe he wouldn't. That doesn't really matter though because he won't play this year. He'd have to be an upgrade over the guys we will sign in 2017, and I doubt that he is.

SBB was decent in HS. We don't need any more average players. He missed his shot 3 years ago

Advertisement
Back