Shawn Burgess-Becker transferring

Valid point

I've never seen him play but just because he isn't as good as Ridley doesn't mean he's a Jag. Ridley is a special talent. I'm sure he would be an upgrade over a few safeties we have on our current roster.
Maybe he'd be an upgrade. Maybe he wouldn't. That doesn't really matter though because he won't play this year. He'd have to be an upgrade over the guys we will sign in 2017, and I doubt that he is.

Advertisement
Decent way to look at a transfer. How years does he have left and is he that much better than a guy we have on our roster that has that many years and is he significantly than any kid we will realistically land during the next class or two.

He'd almost be interesting to bring in just because he was at Bama, he would have a little cred cause he did contribute for Bama If he was the hardest worker that could rub off. However i just don't know him as a player enough to tell you if he is better than what we have currently and significantly better than who we can bring in the classes of 17 and 18

I didn't really post here at the time, but I always thought he was one of the more overrated players that year. He was a pure athlete and projection. If Saban didn't develop him that gives you pause.

Advertisement
There are many things to consider here.

1. Alabama recruited at least 6 DB's rated higher than SBB the last two years. At Miami, only JJ would have been rated higher.

2. He has essentially been let go by Alabama. I don't think Saban let's his "ballers" transfer out.

3. There aren't any problems with the law or teammates that I know of.

4. Our current secondary is ridiculously thin. We may get a bunch of '17 studs. We also might strike out.

We are giving away a lot of questionable scholarships right now. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't give one to him. He could also help recruit the local players thinking about going to Alabama.

Advertisement
I don't want to set a precedent where we recruit a player, he signs at another school and he figures if things don't work out I can just transfer back to the home school.
If you leave us at the recruiting altar then don't expect us to be welcoming you back when your new relationship doesn't work out. Take your whoring *** somewhere else.

I have no problem bringing him in just for the goodwill and anti bama presence he may provide to local recruits considering bama.
We've taken transfers from kids we've recruited.

I don't want to set a precedent where we recruit a player, he signs at another school and he figures if things don't work out I can just transfer back to the home school.
If you leave us at the recruiting altar then don't expect us to be welcoming you back when your new relationship doesn't work out. Take your whoring *** somewhere else.

Part of me thinks that, but mostly it comes down to this: can he help us or not? If so, take him.

Who is the last Bama player that transferred out and was any good?

Advertisement
There comes a time when you have to draw a line in the sand and say "nope, you had your chance". I understand the whole idiot Golden thing and Williams and Coach D........ ok ***** it, I've changed my mind. I wouldn't have come to UM with those pack of morons either.

However word on the street (internet lol) long ago was the kid basically stopped going to class etc etc. Looks like there may have been some truth to the whole thing!

Advertisement
The RB from Orlando that transferred out of Bama to CSU. I believe his last name is Hart... He was really good player tgat transferred out of Bama... Unfortunately he was behind Lacy, Yeldon and Henry...

If SBB wants to come to Miami, you take him. He's not as average as everyone on the board is making him out to be just because he's leaving Bama. We'd be lucky to have a guy like this for depth in our secondary.

Advertisement
Back