Shaq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fam there is no anger here whatsoever.

Reg is a moron and I'm tired of morons like him coming at me trying to get brownie points from others.

For example: he says our starting QB who just so happens to break the total TD record for a QB......he says that kid that helped us win 10 games played like trash. Really? The kid is breaking Miami football records and won 10 games played like trash according to him?

You see, on this board...that's ok to trash him right? Why? Bc he doesn't have a family member posting on this board?

Malik had 4 games throwing in the 40% completion range. 16 interceptions. There is definitely room to talk about needing a replacement at his position. How is that comparable to Shaq who was second on the team in tackles two years in a row and hasn't cost us any games?

Advertisement
Dude, you are checking all the troll boxes right now.
goldteef.png

Malik had 4 games throwing in the 40% completion range. 16 interceptions. There is definitely room to talk about needing a replacement at his position.

Whose talking about replacing Shaq? Didn't see that anywhere.

But of course there is room to talk........his daddy, relatives, etc etc don't post here so it's all fair game right.

If you missed the point then you missed the point..I'm not responsible for your understanding.

How is that comparable to Shaq who was second on the team in tackles two years in a row and hasn't cost us any games?

How many LB's have been responsible for games being lost in the last 100 years of football as would a QB?

Like do you even understand the game? You can't understand the game to even ask that silly question...

Most of his critics here, criticize everything, so take it w/ a grain of salt.

See below...

One thing I want him to do is stop thinking as much.
Definitely taken with a grain of salt Mr. Critic bc there is no way in **** you know he thinks too much without being on the coaching staff or teleporting yourself into his mind.

which is why many sophomores seem to fall off from year 1 to year 2.

Like who? Morgan, Vilma, Lewis, Barrow, Webster, Beason...who?

For the record...shaq didn't fall off as a sophomore.

Advertisement
Malik had 4 games throwing in the 40% completion range. 16 interceptions. There is definitely room to talk about needing a replacement at his position. How is that comparable to Shaq who was second on the team in tackles two years in a row and hasn't cost us any games?
Just a little perspective...in 2001, KD completed just 48% against BC and 47% against VT. He was also just 51% against FSU.

He was 57% on the season and his TD to INT ratio was 7.6:3 (23:9)

Malik Rosier was 54% on the season with a TD to INT ratio of 10:3.6 (31:14)

People say that wins isn't a QB stat, but it's hard to argue that KD's struggles are not completely forgiven because he won, and Rosier's being judged solely because of the way the season ended.

They both had statistically similar seasons. Rosier played in 2 more games, but had 1,000 more yards and 8 more TDs.

in 2002, KD was 56% and tossed 12 picks and had a 44% showing against FSU, but nobody cares because we played for another NC.

Shaq has done a fine job. I don’t think ppl understand what it means to be a MLB. He’s the on field director and orchestrator of our defense. Some of the things he does will not show up in the box score, like audibling in to the right set, sacrificing himself to open up a gap, setting an edge causing a play to reverse for negative yards, etc.

One thing I want him to do is stop thinking as much. He seemed to play a little more loose as a Frosh v. Soph. Part of it is b/c as a Frosh, you don’t think as much b/c u don’t have that playbook locked down so you play more off instincts. As a Soph, ur more in a leadership role, and ur more concerned with executing plays v. just playing; which is why many sophomores seem to fall off from year 1 to year 2.

I think his Jr year, personally, is going to be lights out. I just want him combine natural instincts w his knowledge of the playbook. Most importantly, I want him to run through ppl like he did back in high school. If he has a big year, which I’m almost certain he will, I can see him drafted no later than 2nd round.

When talking about most valuable player (as opposed to best player), Shaq is 1a and 1b with Quan, IMO. The growth as Qb of the defense between his freshman and soph seasons was remarkable. He looked very confident out there last year.

My hope is that Shaq dropping the weight helps him in coverage. He was exposed there a bit too often last year. Although the 3rd down scheme didn't do him any favors.

Advertisement
Let you in on a secret there are a number of family members on here. A few of them warned me not to make myself known...they were probably right... but I'm a big boy with tough skin...u can't hurt my feelings and your opinion is just that ... yours to share...but there is a thin line between a critique and bashing a kid doing the best that he can. I'm proud of all these kids and I have a special place in my heart for the walk on ... these kids put in work.. on and off the field and to be on a college football roster is a huge accomplishment that most will only dream of.
Amen brother.

Whose talking about replacing Shaq? Didn't see that anywhere.

But of course there is room to talk........his daddy, relatives, etc etc don't post here so it's all fair game right.

If you missed the point then you missed the point..I'm not responsible for your understanding.

How many LB's have been responsible for games being lost in the last 100 years of football as would a QB?

Like do you even understand the game? You can't understand the game to even ask that silly question...

You made the comparison to the QB not me.

I agree with both of you guys... I always was on Shaq about his weight...he always felt that his bulk was his strengrh... Now he is down to 230... he is going to learn that weight was slowing him down
That was one thing i talked with him about during the spring. He looks alot more lean. Am i wrong? Maybe its just hes growing into his body. By the way alot of people had the same critiques about denzel. As u say clearly you got thick skin. I just always try to remember this isnt an accurate assement of our fan base or our school.

Just a little perspective...in 2001, KD completed just 48% against BC and 47% against VT. He was also just 51% against FSU.

People say that wins isn't a QB stat, but it's hard to argue that KD's struggles are not completely forgiven because he won, and Rosier's being judged solely because of the way the season ended.

They both had statistically similar seasons. Rosier played in 2 more games, but had 1,000 more yards and 8 more TDs.

in 2002, KD was 56% and tossed 12 picks and had a 44% showing against FSU, but nobody cares because we played for another NC.

LC

stop1.png

Maybe its because sometimes it just looks to some like Rosier doesn't give a Fack

Advertisement
You made the comparison to the QB not me.

WTF are you talking about?

Is our QB not a member of the University of Miami football team? I also mentioned Robert Knowles also right? is this not a UM sports messageboard?

The point is you folks pick & choose who to critique based on if they have a family member/handler that posts on this board.

No one here but a troll trashed Shaq...if you dudes are going to cry about Shaq being criticized then keep that same energy for every single player.

Don't pick & choose

Thank you for digging into those stats because I was about to do the same.

These guys are clout chasers...they write this stuff and have ZERO knowledge about football and UM football in general.

Shaq's dad is posting so they are doing whatever they can to schmoove next to him so they can get a picture, a ticket, inside info, to say they know Shaq's dad...it's insane at how dumb these posters truly are about Miami football and the lengths they will go to just to clout chase.

Gonna roll the dice here (with the gambling vote comming soon to a voting booth near you). But I bet that he will play smarter and make better decisons after being a 2-year starter. Call me crazy.

Now this is a ready made Dog Days topic for all the anything but Rosier cats on this board. Let's play another round of "the proven quantity" vs "the done nothing yet" game.

Advertisement
Thank you for digging into those stats because I was about to do the same.

These guys are clout chasers...they write this stuff and have ZERO knowledge about football and UM football in general.

Shaq's dad is posting so they are doing whatever they can to schmoove next to him so they can get a picture, a ticket, inside info, to say they know Shaq's dad...it's insane at how dumb these posters truly are about Miami football and the lengths they will go to just to clout chase.
McCloud gets trashed on here all the time by people who don't understand that he was often being asked to cover a WR in space because we didn't have enough competent DB's to match personnel. Delaney was supposed to be plug and play, but got exposed early. Bandy shined at times, but wasn't experienced enough to be counted on in every situation.

McCloud is going to get fewer reps this season, but I expect his production to go up, because he's not going to be asked to do something he's not very good at just because other guys are likely worse.

Let you in on a secret there are a number of family members on here. A few of them warned me not to make myself known...they were probably right... but I'm a big boy with tough skin...u can't hurt my feelings and your opinion is just that ... yours to share...but there is a thin line between a critique and bashing a kid doing the best that he can. I'm proud of all these kids and I have a special place in my heart for the walk on ... these kids put in work.. on and off the field and to be on a college football roster is a huge accomplishment that most will only dream of.

I think you might need to get off the boards because you don't appear to have this tough skin you're speaking of if you think I bashed him.
Fact of the matter is I've never crossed a line and bashed him. I coach football just like you do/did and I know what I speak of and I know what the expectations and standard are for a University of Miami 3 year starter at MLB.

If you think a junior LB don't have anything to improve on and people that know the game aren't going to call it out then I don't know if you're built for this.

I went through much worse with posters and my lil bro years ago on Canesport...you have no idea how vicious fans can be....just be lucky that they like you. I've seen it all.

McCloud gets trashed on here all the time by people who don't understand that he was often being asked to cover a WR in space because we didn't have enough competent DB's to match personnel. Delaney was supposed to be plug and play, but got exposed early. Bandy shined at times, but wasn't experienced enough to be counted on in every situation.

McCloud is going to get fewer reps this season, but I expect his production to go up, because he's not going to be asked to do something he's not very good at just because other guys are likely worse.

Yeap...Poor McCloud..he should ask his uncle to post here and they'll stop "trashing" him I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back