Shaq

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that's surprising to me is that Shaq is receiving considerably more preseason hype than Joe Jackson.

Advertisement
Shaq has played well and I think the national guys are expecting a big jump from him. He’s got 2 years starting experience and plays on a defense that gets a lot of attention.

Fam there is no anger here whatsoever.

Reg is a moron and I'm tired of morons like him coming at me trying to get brownie points from others.

For example: he says our starting QB who just so happens to break the total TD record for a QB......he says that kid that helped us win 10 games played like trash. Really? The kid is breaking Miami football records and won 10 games played like trash according to him?

You see, on this board...that's ok to trash him right? Why? Bc he doesn't have a family member posting on this board?
Let you in on a secret there are a number of family members on here. A few of them warned me not to make myself known...they were probably right... but I'm a big boy with tough skin...u can't hurt my feelings and your opinion is just that ... yours to share...but there is a thin line between a critique and bashing a kid doing the best that he can. I'm proud of all these kids and I have a special place in my heart for the walk on ... these kids put in work.. on and off the field and to be on a college football roster is a huge accomplishment that most will only dream of.

The thing that's surprising to me is that Shaq is receiving considerably more preseason hype than Joe Jackson.
That is not Shaq's fault and you are right...It sometimes seems they pick their guy and run the course with him...regardless.. I think Mike Pinkney is the most underrated LB in the Power5.. and I'm confident that Zach is going to hush a lot of his critics... he is a baller and a asset to the LB Corp. to your point I too think that they are sleeping on Joe but hopefully Joe takes and use that to show them

Dudes be trashing Malik, Knowles, etc but I guess it’s all good bc their daddy, brother, coach, handler doesn’t post here.

FOH Brown nosing hypocrites.

WRITTEN IN STONE

The first rule of CIS is "There are no sacred cows".
Just ask Dan Sileo.

Advertisement
I don't care what you are or not going to get into. You are a moron arguing a point I didn't even make and called out others for making.

You didn't debunk **** and only proved that you don't have a clue what you're talking about and exposed yourself as a brown nosing clout chaser.

Now reply back to me so I can block/ignore your ***.

You jumped out of bed this morning, put on your mules and house robe with the sole purpose of spewing a bunch of ****...

Job well done.

Don’t understand why fans be hating on
Let you in on a secret there are a number of family members on here. A few of them warned me not to make myself known...they were probably right... but I'm a big boy with tough skin...u can't hurt my feelings and your opinion is just that ... yours to share...but there is a thin line between a critique and bashing a kid doing the best that he can. I'm proud of all these kids and I have a special place in my heart for the walk on ... these kids put in work.. on and off the field and to be on a college football roster is a huge accomplishment that most will only dream of.
some people just say stuff for a reaction don’t even worry about it.

***aloon central.

Mods let a known troll start a troll thread. Then when any kind of honest evaluation comes in here come the old ladies.

What a ******* farce.

Advertisement
He is not overrated... granted I know my opinion may viewed is bias (understandable), but I'm probably his biggest critic... I agree he hasn't set himself apart as elite (stay tunned/bookmark this post) but he has done an outstanding job thus far. I for one will like to see more impact plays... but will still rather him make a secure tackle for 2 rather than miss with that big hit attempt in the backfield. He was number two in tackles his Freshmen and Sophomore year... The fact that he had the Green Light to audible as a 19 year old in Power5 College Football speaks a lot about who he is... Its obvious he not the fan favored here... most of his critics are here on this sight... but watching Virginia Tech Head Coach talk with him praising his performance for 10 minutes after a game... trumps the criticism I read here... speaking of Trump... he made us look like a bunch of pu$$ies today... a topic for another time and place.... But I think you posted a valid question and hopefully we will find out the real answer during this season...

Most of his critics here, criticize everything, so take it w/ a grain of salt.

Shaq has done a fine job. I don’t think ppl understand what it means to be a MLB. He’s the on field director and orchestrator of our defense. Some of the things he does will not show up in the box score, like audibling in to the right set, sacrificing himself to open up a gap, setting an edge causing a play to reverse for negative yards, etc.

One thing I want him to do is stop thinking as much. He seemed to play a little more loose as a Frosh v. Soph. Part of it is b/c as a Frosh, you don’t think as much b/c u don’t have that playbook locked down so you play more off instincts. As a Soph, ur more in a leadership role, and ur more concerned with executing plays v. just playing; which is why many sophomores seem to fall off from year 1 to year 2.

I think his Jr year, personally, is going to be lights out. I just want him combine natural instincts w his knowledge of the playbook. Most importantly, I want him to run through ppl like he did back in high school. If he has a big year, which I’m almost certain he will, I can see him drafted no later than 2nd round.

Hopefully Shaq can pass Spence & Perryman this year ...... so far they are still ahead IMO

Advertisement
At the end of the day, I’m 110% sure Shaq isn’t curled up in a fetal position somewhere crying like a teenage girl because a couple of porsters said some shlt on CIS.

Fūck, if I was the starting MLB on the Miami Hurricanes I’d be pinching myself every day to see if it was real and then I’d be working my *** off to get better. Which is exactly what I’m sure he’s doing.

The way he’s working, he’ll be taking that next step.

My only concern is as as good as he’s going to be this year, I hope he stays his senior year

I, for one, appreciate the fact that you were willing to join in the discussion here on CIS and expose yourself to criticism of not only your son, but the U as a team and still be willing to provide insight not many others could.

Linebacker play will be dependent on the D-Line play this year.....Willis, Ford, etc. have good play and our linebackers will eat! If they do not then you all know the rest!

Advertisement
He is not overrated... granted I know my opinion may viewed is bias (understandable), but I'm probably his biggest critic... I agree he hasn't set himself apart as elite (stay tunned/bookmark this post) but he has done an outstanding job thus far. I for one will like to see more impact plays... but will still rather him make a secure tackle for 2 rather than miss with that big hit attempt in the backfield. He was number two in tackles his Freshmen and Sophomore year... The fact that he had the Green Light to audible as a 19 year old in Power5 College Football speaks a lot about who he is... Its obvious he not the fan favored here... most of his critics are here on this sight... but watching Virginia Tech Head Coach talk with him praising his performance for 10 minutes after a game... trumps the criticism I read here... speaking of Trump... he made us look like a bunch of pu$$ies today... a topic for another time and place.... But I think you posted a valid question and hopefully we will find out the real answer during this season...

He is though.

I'm not saying he's perfect, nobody is, but those of us who pay attention and aren't just out for attention appreciate what he does. Dudes can call me a brown noser all they want, but it's true. Shaq has been an asset to this team since the day he re-committed, and most of us know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back