Shaq

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the hype real ? or is he over rated

IMO I havent seen much to consider him a top LB from his previous 2 seasons. I hope he starts knocking helmets off this year

Advertisement
Second on the team in tackles in both of his first two seasons. What are you wanting to see from a MLB?

Freshman year was great...Sophomore was average bc of his great freshman year.

This season I need to see more plays made in the phone booth and he needs over 100 plus total tackles..

Kid has the right heart, and doesn't make a bunch of glaring mistakes...

However, I would like to see him make more plays in the backfield; which means reading his keys quicker. Also, this year I'd like to see him get off his blocks alot quicker, to get in on the play.

Outside of the above, I like everything else about him.

Advertisement
Hype is real, kid had 84 Tackles Year 1 and 83 year 2. I’d like to see him hit 100 tackles and take that extra step this year but hype is already real

This season I need to see more plays made in the phone booth and he needs over 100 plus total tackles..

His 2nd year was the exact same as freshman year in regards to stats, 3 sacks in both and quality of opponents better in ‘17. So if first year was great how is 2nd average?

Didnt want a negative post but this is what I'm getting at

Advertisement
I'm just saying ..I want to rememeber him as in him making plays not looking at a stat sheet.... Jamal carter had a lot of tackles for us but he was one of the worst safeties we've ever had. obv rodgers crawford and highsmith will battle it out with jamal carter

His 2nd year was the exact same as freshman year in regards to stats, 3 sacks in both and quality of opponents better in ‘17. So if first year was great how is 2nd average?

You're just talking. His production in total Tackles, TFL, and Sacks all declined in Year 2.

Actually know what our players have done on the field before debating.

If we are going to compare him to Vilma, Barrow, Morgan, Lewis, etc...then his production shouldn't decline by any means.

you think those 4 dudes want to hear that silliness about quality of opponents...they balled out regardless of the opponent/schedule..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dude gets caught up in the wash WAY too often and takes bad angles.

He isn't the fastest LB so he can't afford to take a bad step.

He's a pretty good tackler though.

The reason they have to sub so much is because opponents run so many more plays. It's not like the 90's when teams ran 55 plays a game. There's a ton of no huddle teams on our schedule every year. Last year alone they played 3 teams that averaged over 80 plays a game on offense. Plus five more that run a majority of their offense without a huddle. Even if you play your first team guys 60 plays, there's still 15-30 playes a game that you need to sub.

Maybe they can shore up third down defense and maaaaaaaybeee.....the offense can actually convert o third down from time to time and keep the defense off the field a bit more. Until then, you're going to see #35 at Mike at least 10 plays a game.

Advertisement
Dude gets caught up in the wash WAY too often and takes bad angles.

This RIGHT HERE...you actually watch him like I do.

Him getting absolutely trucked by a freshman rb by a mere shoulder against FSU really ****ed me off.

I'm trying to think of a game changing play he's made in 2 years....

The reason they have to sub so much is because opponents run so many more plays. It's not like the 90's when teams ran 55 plays a game. There's a ton of no huddle teams on our schedule every year. Last year alone they played 3 teams that averaged over 80 plays a game on offense. Plus five more that run a majority of their offense without a huddle. Even if you play your first team guys 60 plays, there's still 15-30 playes a game that you need to sub.

Maybe they can shore up third down defense and maaaaaaaybeee.....the offense can actually convert o third down from time to time and keep the defense off the field a bit more. Until then, you're going to see #35 at Mike at least 10 plays a game.

I'm sure these guys played 90 plays in high school

This isn't new to them....

Hype is real, kid had 84 Tackles Year 1 and 83 year 2. I’d like to see him hit 100 tackles and take that extra step this year but hype is already real
i think shaq has tons of potential. Great kid as well @UknowWhat done a tremendous job raising that young man. Only thing id like to see him work on is his initial explosion. But honestly i find that more an issue with gus that we dont get alot of fast twitch work in anymore. You can see clear as day how quickly he processes everything.

I would like to see our starting backers come off the field less. We rotate too much there

That's a big issue but I dont believe the staff trusted Shaq and Pinckney enough to have them out their majority of the reps before this season.

The main issues Shaq has to work on is making more impact plays and being better in pass coverage so the staff isn't taking him out of the game so much. His production is top notch for an underclassmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back