Shaq

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think shaq has tons of potential. Great kid as well @UknowWhat done a tremendous job raising that young man. Only thing id like to see him work on is his initial explosion. But honestly i find that more an issue with gus that we dont get alot of fast twitch work in anymore. You can see clear as day how quickly he processes everything.

Fast twitch is one of the most important things for a football player. Why does Gus not make it a priority?

Advertisement
I'm sure these guys played 90 plays in high school

This isn't new to them....

It's incredibly rare for a high school team to run that many plays in a game. Even a fast paced high school offense only runs maybe 65-70 plays in a game.

I'm just saying ..I want to rememeber him as in him making plays not looking at a stat sheet.... Jamal carter had a lot of tackles for us but he was one of the worst safeties we've ever had. obv rodgers crawford and highsmith will battle it out with jamal carter

Hahahaahahah don’t ever compare JRock to those bums. Y’all are crazy

is the hype real ? or is he over rated

IMO I havent seen much to consider him a top LB from his previous 2 seasons. I hope he starts knocking helmets off this year

He is not overrated... granted I know my opinion may viewed is bias (understandable), but I'm probably his biggest critic... I agree he hasn't set himself apart as elite (stay tunned/bookmark this post) but he has done an outstanding job thus far. I for one will like to see more impact plays... but will still rather him make a secure tackle for 2 rather than miss with that big hit attempt in the backfield. He was number two in tackles his Freshmen and Sophomore year... The fact that he had the Green Light to audible as a 19 year old in Power5 College Football speaks a lot about who he is... Its obvious he not the fan favored here... most of his critics are here on this sight... but watching Virginia Tech Head Coach talk with him praising his performance for 10 minutes after a game... trumps the criticism I read here... speaking of Trump... he made us look like a bunch of pu$$ies today... a topic for another time and place.... But I think you posted a valid question and hopefully we will find out the real answer during this season...

Advertisement
It's incredibly rare for a high school team to run that many plays in a game. Even a fast paced high school offense only runs maybe 65-70 plays in a game.

I’m factoring in special teams & playing both ways also since most of these guys in high school hardly came off the field.

Hype is real, kid had 84 Tackles Year 1 and 83 year 2. I’d like to see him hit 100 tackles and take that extra step this year but hype is already real
Its going to be hard for him to get 100.. Diaz subs a lot... He played like 85% of the snaps his Fresh year and like 83% his junior year... Devin White and Deven Bush are like at 95% of the snaps... based on the few games I watched them both... The Offseason calls on desperate times like watching football games on youtube. From what I seen of those guys... I would pick Shaq … he may not make some of the highly athletic plays like White... but he is not going to make half of the mistake.... Devin Bush has a extremely high motor.. but his statue makes him easy to block... Giles-Harris is another that doesn't come of the field but imo (biased as it may be) is not as talented as the 3. Mike Pinkney has an instinct that none of the 3 have... he has a knack for the big play... sneaky...smart and has that dawg in him... I think he is extremely underated

Its going to be hard for him to get 100.. Diaz subs a lot... He played like 85% of the snaps his Fresh year and like 83% his junior year... Devin White and Deven Bush are like at 95% of the snaps... based on the few games I watched them both... The Offseason calls on desperate times like watching football games on youtube. From what I seen of those guys... I would pick Shaq … he may not make some of the highly athletic plays like White... but he is not going to make half of the mistake.... Devin Bush has a extremely high motor.. but his statue makes him easy to block... Giles-Harris is another that doesn't come of the field but imo (biased as it may be) is not as talented as the 3. Mike Pinkney has an instinct that none of the 3 have... he has a knack for the big play... sneaky...smart and has that dawg in him... I think he is extremely underated

we recruited shaq and didnt even sniff Bush....

Im expecting a big season for him...the game probably will have slowed down a bunch since he first came in.

Advertisement
I coached at Shaq's High School his Fresh and Soph year... and we averaged about 85 plays... When they went 12-0.. they averaged about 75 plays... their defense forced a lot of 3 and outs and had an offense that chunked up Time of Possesion

You're just talking. His production in total Tackles, TFL, and Sacks all declined in Year 2.

Actually know what our players have done on the field before debating.

If we are going to compare him to Vilma, Barrow, Morgan, Lewis, etc...then his production shouldn't decline by any means.

you think those 4 dudes want to hear that silliness about quality of opponents...they balled out regardless of the opponent/schedule..
Less games last year don’t forget

This RIGHT HERE...you actually watch him like I do.

Him getting absolutely trucked by a freshman rb by a mere shoulder against FSU really ****ed me off.

I'm trying to think of a game changing play he's made in 2 years....
Yeah,Mcloud is another guy who must have hated watching the replay of that game he also got trucked a couple times in that game.

He is not overrated... granted I know my opinion may viewed is bias (understandable), but I'm probably his biggest critic... I agree he hasn't set himself apart as elite (stay tunned/bookmark this post) but he has done an outstanding job thus far. I for one will like to see more impact plays... but will still rather him make a secure tackle for 2 rather than miss with that big hit attempt in the backfield. He was number two in tackles his Freshmen and Sophomore year... The fact that he had the Green Light to audible as a 19 year old in Power5 College Football speaks a lot about who he is... Its obvious he not the fan favored here... most of his critics are here on this sight... but watching Virginia Tech Head Coach talk with him praising his performance for 10 minutes after a game... trumps the criticism I read here... speaking of Trump... he made us look like a bunch of pu$$ies today... a topic for another time and place.... But I think you posted a valid question and hopefully we will find out the real answer during this season...
Are fans are toooo critical of Shaq I think he’s going to be that star ⭐️ we want they look at stats tooo much without considering we played one less game last year with the same stats that means more tackles per game as well as all other stats go up per game with one more game especially against Arkansas state he would have progressed a little last year as long as he keeps progressing he will be in the realm of some of the greats that played before him

Advertisement
is the hype real ? or is he over rated

IMO I havent seen much to consider him a top LB from his previous 2 seasons. I hope he starts knocking helmets off this year
Way over rated to me...he does nothing great, is just a dude to me, Pickney is much better if you ask me

We have an attacking style defense. Hes going to get caught in the wsh because of our style. If our DT misses a tackle it'll put a lot of pressure on shack to shed multiple blocks.

One thing I like about coach Simpsons methods is that it teaches our Dlineman to engage before the next move so that they arent blowing past the play or getting our Linebackers washed away with double teams.

For the circumstances, Shaq has done a **** good job, imo and rarely misses open field tackles.

I think he will have a good year with added experience and a better Dline in front of him.

This RIGHT HERE...you actually watch him like I do.

Him getting absolutely trucked by a freshman rb by a mere shoulder against FSU really ****ed me off.

I'm trying to think of a game changing play he's made in 2 years....

Well for one go back and watch GT in his freshmen year. He’s also made huge hits and sacks.

Nobody trashes their young talent like the fans on this board. Kosi hasn’t taken the job after his redshirt year so he’s trash. Shaq hasn’t outplayed seniors like Vilma or Dan Morgan as a sophomore so he’s butt too. :moon3:

Advertisement
Are fans are toooo critical of Shaq I think he’s going to be that star ⭐️ we want they look at stats tooo much without considering we played one less game last year with the same stats that means more tackles per game as well as all other stats go up per game with one more game especially against Arkansas state he would have progressed a little last year as long as he keeps progressing he will be in the realm of some of the greats that played before him
Excellent point about having played one less game last year. Shaq probably would have hit close to 90 if that game would have been played.

I'm a fan! Not only is he a helluva MLB but he's an even better young man. I look forward to watching Shaq this year again be the leader of our defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back