Shaq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overrated?..... laughable.

If anything he is underrated! It's so easy to forget that he came in as a true freshman and instantly became a leader on the team; not just the linebackers, but the whole **** team. He was chosen by one of the true vets in the game (Richt) to represent our team during ACC media days, prior to his sophomore season.

He's brought an identity to the defense that mimics his toughness, instincts, and his business/ no non-sense approach to the game.

I haven't even mentioned the fact that he has been extremely productive, even in the midst of his flaws and youth.

Overrated?.......laughable!

Advertisement
Its going to be hard for him to get 100.. Diaz subs a lot... He played like 85% of the snaps his Fresh year and like 83% his junior year... Devin White and Deven Bush are like at 95% of the snaps... based on the few games I watched them both... The Offseason calls on desperate times like watching football games on youtube. From what I seen of those guys... I would pick Shaq … he may not make some of the highly athletic plays like White... but he is not going to make half of the mistake.... Devin Bush has a extremely high motor.. but his statue makes him easy to block... Giles-Harris is another that doesn't come of the field but imo (biased as it may be) is not as talented as the 3. Mike Pinkney has an instinct that none of the 3 have... he has a knack for the big play... sneaky...smart and has that dawg in him... I think he is extremely underated
This is facts, shaq and our starting linebackers get much less time compared to a guy like Devin white on the field so of course their stats in terms of tackles would be a lot different . Hope we see less of that this season, can’t afford to sub par play this year by the backups. Personally I want To see mainly shaq, Pinckney, McCloud and Smith/steed at linebacker behind those 3 and hopefully if we are using the striker position and one of smith or Finley take that spot McCloud can be the first backer to rotate after shaq and Pinckney in that lineup.

Why is he so obsessed with subbing the backers? I get The dline and it’s important to keep them fresh and rolling but the backers? We are doing way too much subbing there

Shaq @ OP's family reunion like
shaquille-quarterman-florida.jpg

He is not overrated... granted I know my opinion may viewed is bias (understandable), but I'm probably his biggest critic... I agree he hasn't set himself apart as elite (stay tunned/bookmark this post) but he has done an outstanding job thus far. I for one will like to see more impact plays... but will still rather him make a secure tackle for 2 rather than miss with that big hit attempt in the backfield. He was number two in tackles his Freshmen and Sophomore year... The fact that he had the Green Light to audible as a 19 year old in Power5 College Football speaks a lot about who he is... Its obvious he not the fan favored here... most of his critics are here on this sight... but watching Virginia Tech Head Coach talk with him praising his performance for 10 minutes after a game... trumps the criticism I read here... speaking of Trump... he made us look like a bunch of pu$$ies today... a topic for another time and place.... But I think you posted a valid question and hopefully we will find out the real answer during this season...

Shaq is a fan favorite. This site just has computer warriors and they like to go after our best players. Maybe I’m biased because I do a lot of work with Oakleaf High and Shaq’s a hometown boy but he’s one of my favorites.

You’re doing good work on the field when you start getting trolls on this site

Advertisement
He is not overrated... granted I know my opinion may viewed is bias (understandable), but I'm probably his biggest critic... I agree he hasn't set himself apart as elite (stay tunned/bookmark this post) but he has done an outstanding job thus far. I for one will like to see more impact plays... but will still rather him make a secure tackle for 2 rather than miss with that big hit attempt in the backfield. He was number two in tackles his Freshmen and Sophomore year... The fact that he had the Green Light to audible as a 19 year old in Power5 College Football speaks a lot about who he is... Its obvious he not the fan favored here... most of his critics are here on this sight... but watching Virginia Tech Head Coach talk with him praising his performance for 10 minutes after a game... trumps the criticism I read here... speaking of Trump... he made us look like a bunch of pu$$ies today... a topic for another time and place.... But I think you posted a valid question and hopefully we will find out the real answer during this season...
Yeah. Its crazy how our fans are the people who've been harshest. I cant wait to see shaq take that next step.

Well for one go back and watch GT in his freshmen year. He’s also made huge hits and sacks.

Nobody trashes their young talent like the fans on this board. Kosi hasn’t taken the job after his redshirt year so he’s trash. Shaq hasn’t outplayed seniors like Vilma or Dan Morgan as a sophomore so he’s butt too. :moon3:

Do you have CTE? Whose trashing him? If this is trashing to you then go get that ****** surgery homey.

You’re just a brown noser. Shaq’s peeps aren’t going to get you tickets.

I’m not buying the stuff about be can’t get to 100 plus tackles. Yes the **** he can.

Advertisement
Less games last year don’t forget

That’s a great point man..he did have one less game. By virtue of that one game he definitely surpasses at least total tackles from last year...shoot..if that’s a 10 tackle game..he’s in the high 90’s for total tackles.

Just ask this how good would the defense be without him and the other two who started as freshmen.these had to learn on the fly from the time they were freshmen.they didn't have the luxury of sitting a year watching and learning from a veteran player.of course they were going make plays and a few mistakes part of the growing up process.those lbs will take a big step forward as juniors.

Advertisement

Thank you. Trust me i know about the critics here lol. Everything you said was spot on and I would not disagree with you at all. The time is now. for all 3 lbs. I dont feed into the stat with having the most tackles blah blah like i said jamal was a leader in tackles and he was awful. But yes..he will need to play everygame like its his last to leave his name in the books as a Hurricane. Many players on defense this year will have that opportunity to join the "elite class" . I personally think Shaq needs to come out and play vicious this year. He is very smart he knows the defense its time to go. IDK what it was that held him back last year but if we want to win the national championship he will need to make major strides in every game compared to last year. that can include big hits and getting to the ball faster instead of running and getting beat around the corner to the sideline. Also being the leader. leading by example. I still think our team is to nice and friendly and we respect other teams. Teams should fear us. That is The U. Once we change the culture.. its game over but we need shaq and jaqaun to preach it. Also, I'm not sure what weight they want shaq at or what weight he wants to be at .. seems like it changed from freshman to sophmore but they have to figure this out. I would like to see this this year and I think its more then likely we will see it! Go canes

Overrated?..... laughable.

If anything he is underrated! It's so easy to forget that he came in as a true freshman and instantly became a leader on the team; not just the linebackers, but the whole **** team. He was chosen by one of the true vets in the game (Richt) to represent our team during ACC media days, prior to his sophomore season.

He's brought an identity to the defense that mimics his toughness, instincts, and his business/ no non-sense approach to the game.

I haven't even mentioned the fact that he has been extremely productive, even in the midst of his flaws and youth.

Overrated?.......laughable!

Oh really ... name 5 plays that impacted games last year... important games ..... go ahead...

Good stuff..I totally forgot about that TD against GT.
Shaq is a fan favorite. This site just has computer warriors and they like to go after our best players. Maybe I’m biased because I do a lot of work with Oakleaf High and Shaq’s a hometown boy but he’s one of my favorites.

You’re doing good work on the field when you start getting trolls on this site
this is so wrong lol

Advertisement
Its going to be hard for him to get 100.. Diaz subs a lot... He played like 85% of the snaps his Fresh year and like 83% his junior year... Devin White and Deven Bush are like at 95% of the snaps... based on the few games I watched them both... The Offseason calls on desperate times like watching football games on youtube. From what I seen of those guys... I would pick Shaq … he may not make some of the highly athletic plays like White... but he is not going to make half of the mistake.... Devin Bush has a extremely high motor.. but his statue makes him easy to block... Giles-Harris is another that doesn't come of the field but imo (biased as it may be) is not as talented as the 3. Mike Pinkney has an instinct that none of the 3 have... he has a knack for the big play... sneaky...smart and has that dawg in him... I think he is extremely underated

As you have been doing I’ve been watching lots of old Canes games and other big games from last year along with starting to watch the media days. That being said does Shaq like riding horses similar to White at LSU 😀 jk jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back