Shannon Dawson w/Josh Pate

Advertisement
It kinda passes the time but was pretty boring. The first minutes began by showing TVD scramble for 10yds in the spring game to make a 4th & 2 and get a field goal. They spent the next 15 minutes broing-out about how that's nice rather than taking a sack. The next 15 minutes were only more interesting because of a little more diversity.

It kinda passes the time but was pretty boring. The first minutes began by showing TVD scramble for 10yds in the spring game to make a 4th & 2 and get a field goal. They spent the next 15 minutes broing-out about how that's nice rather than taking a sack. The next 15 minutes were only more interesting because of a little more diversity.
Yeah cause watching a video of people watching tape is supposed to be like cruising south beach

I loved it. I agree that you need to make all the routine plays routinely to be great. We see highlight film of recruits, I wonder if our scouts see complete games to see what these kids do when not featured in a play. Seems Dawson has the basic concept of KISS down pat. I expect a big improvement with him as OC.

Advertisement
I loved it. I agree that you need to make all the routine plays routinely to be great. We see highlight film of recruits, I wonder if our scouts see complete games to see what these kids do when not featured in a play. Seems Dawson has the basic concept of KISS down pat. I expect a big improvement with him as OC.
Its key principle of air raid, some have been screaming for us to adopt it for goin on close to 20 years now, we became the nebraska option fans we laughed at talking about fullback in flats for 5 yard gain and needing nfl players in every position before we can demand consistent offense and production, those pro style bros goin back to lounge days could be bought up on treason, NASTY work..

Advertisement
Fro our offensive gurus, does Dawson make sense?
Everyone sounds good. ****, Gattis probably sounded good in a 1-on-1 interview.
Does Dawson sound like the goods?
Not an offensive guru by any means but definitely think it’s hard to mess up true simplicity. Gattis never claimed to be simple - he bragged about being complex.

My expectation of the offense is we’re gonna run the ball better, get the ball out quicker and not just sit in the pocket waiting for guys to get open trying to run 3 routes within 5 yards of each other. Saw that too often.

Simple concepts, spacing, an effective run game, accurate QB, and catching the ball.. if you have all of that it’s pretty hard to be a bad offense. Guys will play better and more explosive if they know what to do. I expect above average. That can improve depending on how often someone can do things like you just saw Tank Dell doing with the ball in his hands.

Don’t listen to this post, Dawson gives good insight imo. It’s far from “boring”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fro our offensive gurus, does Dawson make sense?
Everyone sounds good. ****, Gattis probably sounded good in a 1-on-1 interview.
Does Dawson sound like the goods?
Honestly, what Dawson wants to do on offense isn’t Earth shattering. He’s not doing anything crazy. It’s just basic Air Raid stuff. You don’t need huge playbooks and 25 different formations with exotic personnel packages to be good on offense. You make it simple. And you make it to where decisions are automatic for the quarterback. You see X and you do Y. No need to overthink everything.

You'Re Good You GIF - Youre Sogood Analyze This Robert De Niro - Discover &  Share GIFs

Advertisement
Back