Serious Question about south florida mentality

Bingo. To think these kids are not smart enough to see the money train makes you delusional. Even at small schools I know for a fact kids are sending money back home to help their families and that's small scale. How can they pass up better opportunities on and off the field.

So very true . As my grandfather once opined: "never underestimate the combination of desperation and degeneracy among the lower classes. It's why they are what they are, and always will be."

Advertisement
It has nothing to do with “mental toughness.” These kids are competitors who play early at every school.

South Florida players have a professional mindset. Some of them got paid in Pop Warner. Pros don’t have loyalty.

We don’t pay and we suck on the field. That’s why we miss on kids. It’s simple.

LOL we dont pay.....GTFOH with that....every school pays. I dont see all the kids jumping ship from Alabama, UGA, FL FSU etc...

It has nothing to do with “mental toughness.” These kids are competitors who play early at every school.

South Florida players have a professional mindset. Some of them got paid in Pop Warner. Pros don’t have loyalty.

We don’t pay and we suck on the field. That’s why we miss on kids. It’s simple.
If what you are saying is true we are never gonna win big and the U is dead. You have to play the game to win big in big time college athletics. Our own Jimmy Johnson said it best “it’s about the jimmies and joe’s”. If the AD and Head Coach aren’t willing to play and become serious, why should I take Miami seriously?

@DMoney sorry but ive gotta disagree with you. These kids are mentally weak and do whatever the parent/handler tells them to do and dont know how to make their own decisions once they reach 18. To say they are already pros is a joke tbh, they are sold off by the parents/handler.

Advertisement
Recruiting is no longer a regional thing so let's stop wasting our time with these South Florida brats, their handlers, and their coaches.

If what you are saying is true we are never gonna win big and the U is dead. You have to play the game to win big in big time college athletics. Our own Jimmy Johnson said it best “it’s about the jimmies and joe’s”. If the AD and Head Coach aren’t willing to play and become serious, why should I take Miami seriously?

Our advantage is location. If we have innovative, exciting schemes that players want to play in, and we win, we will get national championship talent here and nationally.

Our issue is that we’ve been boring, vanilla and bad. Everybody on this board knows that. The only time posters ignore that fact is when they are ripping recruits for not wanting to join a boring, vanilla and bad program.

Our advantage is location. If we have innovative, exciting schemes that players want to play in, and we win, we will get national championship talent here and nationally.

Our issue is that we’ve been boring, vanilla and bad. Everybody on this board knows that. The only time posters ignore that fact is when they are ripping recruits for not wanting to join a boring, vanilla and bad program.
In the landscape we live in now I don’t believe location is enough. Have you ever watched Alabama’s offense? Have you ever been to Tuscaloosa?

Advertisement
Location is not enough. Winning and putting guys in the first round, plus location, is enough to overcome bags. We haven’t done that.
These kids dont give 2 ***** about location. Its about whats hot now and where they are told to go by parent/handler and whoever offers said parent/handler the most.

Miami will have to win without these kids before things change.

Losing got us friend zoned. These hoes ain't loyal.

FSU loses an OC no change
OSU loses their coach lose 2-3 players
UF last year lost their whole coaching staff not much changed
Bama lost their DC no kids left
UGA lost their DC kids are cool
UCF lost their whole staff still kept their class

These kids in FL just don't mess with Miami honestly. We were told Nayquan we didn't do enough when he got injured so we had no shot(fair point), stayed with Sam Brooks through a huge injury and were 1 of only 2 schools to stick with him - he gone.

We are told we don't offer soon enough. Miami offers kids in 8-9-10 grade and still get shafted. I say stick with the GA, NY, and OOS kids since you don't see Blissett out here crying and he is a high rated 4* with multiple P5 offers.

This is the money post of all posts.

Advertisement
Location is not enough. Winning and putting guys in the first round, plus location, is enough to overcome bags. We haven’t done that.
I was about to say prior to this year Bama's offense was not impressive. Had terrible QB play but they got Ruggs, Jeudy, and Smith in 1 year. There is more than location and we put a WR in the first round that year. Miami just doesn't have "IT" anymore with local kids.

Just look at the fans in s fla their a joke most of the true miami fans are not from so fla so obviously the kids are going to be the same way we have the biggest bandwagon fans going compared to other areas its a joke and the kids take after the adults, now if all the canes fans from the northeast and other areas moved to s fla it would be different

Well how are we going to win if we don’t get the players? Sounds like a circular, chicken before egg debate.

Advertisement
I'm not disagreeing with you. But FSU for the most part has kept their class together. This is coming off a 5-7 year where in the first time in 40 years is going to miss a bowl game. Taggart has zero track record of success suggesting he's going to turn it all around.

UF had its 2nd 4-win season (last year) in the last 5 years. And last year, they held onto most of their class. We're in agreement that the status quo at Miami is unacceptable. But why is it that Miami is held to this standard that the other other 2/3 of the big 3 isn't?

This high school generation was born in 1999-2002. The last year where we looked like a force was in 2004. Most of these kids didn't understand what they were watching on TV until they were at least 4-5...which is 2005. So their first fascination with football started when UF dominated. I was born in 94 so I was 5 when i really started knowing what was going on in football....watched the 99, 01, 02 season and rarely saw us lose. Hard not to be a fan with how fun the Canes looked doing it too.

These kids grew into football watching Tim Tebow and Percy Harving dominate their young minds. They went to middle school and constantly argue'd about who owned the state between UF and FSU...and FSU won that argument by winning the Natty while these gullible minds are in 4th-7th grade. Fast forward to high school...none of them can think back to a time where they watched a UM squad that they were surprised to see lose.

Using myself as another example, for how delicate the mind can be...from the time I was born, until 1999, I bobble head watched FSU beat Miami 4 times in a row but by the time 2002 rolled around, I would swear to you that Miami seemingly hadn't lost to FSU since I was born (Miami actually beat FSU 2 days before I was born, which is probably what sealed my fate).

Man now its mentally weak? Come on we can’t keep bashing kids. It’s a business for many of these kids we just have to be consistently good. We have one 10 win season in like 15 years. Kids want to make it to the league. We also have to just keep recruiting. We can’t be upset with an entire region if a kid don’t come here. Most of the kids are mentally strong they just don’t have enough faith in our program. I mean we enjoyed an incredible class last year after the 4 game losing streak. They weren’t mentally weak then but we followed up with a 7-5 season. That’s not instilling confidence in anyone. We can’t be so entitled that we expect kids to commit to us blindly. We have to be consistent. This is only year 3 for Richt and unfortunately we took a step back. We just have to finish up this season with a bowl win and a strong nsd finish.

And let’s not be hypocrites either. It’s the game of recruiting. We just received a commitment from a stud wh de-committed from Auburn and Illinois. We’re close to signing the top WR who just backed out of his pledge to UGA. We can’t call kids weak for not doing what we want them to do.

its the same mentality as this board, its very fickle and has no basis, thats how you go from posting on a thread called Gator tears for a year and all of a sudden think the Gators are in great shape and we're doomed, theres no long term vision, its all decision making in a vacuum and extremely shortsighted which leads to many bad decisions and regrets

Advertisement
Back