Serious Question about south florida mentality

The Real Kirk Lazarus

Say hello to the bad guy
What has made these kids so weak mentally nowadays down there? Gotta be the most athletic but weakest minded group of kids in the country. These kids act like coordinators dont leave all the time at other schools or even head coaches. Obviously we gotta win for that to change but even then we are still gonna lose a lot of these snowflakes. Kids in other parts of the country actually care about where they are from but not the new era of south florida flakes.

Advertisement
I would imagine 70% of this board is over the age of 25. These kids are 18-19 years old. Look at some of the comments and threads on here. It is not surprising at all. We have fans that de-commit all season long and then throw gas into any fire they can when things aren't all rosy.

What has made these kids so weak mentally nowadays down there? Gotta be the most athletic but weakest minded group of kids in the country. These kids act like coordinators dont leave all the time at other schools or even head coaches. Obviously we gotta win for that to change but even then we are still gonna lose a lot of these snowflakes. Kids in other parts of the country actually care about where they are from but not the new era of south florida flakes.

Some of our biggest Canes this year love and bleed orange and green and are from out of state...this just doesn't apply anywhere.

Easy answer and it's been talked about at great lengths. It's the entire ecosystem - the uber talented ones are fawned over by hanger ons and adults starting at the age of 7-9 in peewee football (which is huge in MDC). For many, it's a meal ticket out and as a result, lots of self serving interests are at play. You get a kid who was raised in that environment who was fawned over since the age of 8 - by the time he gets to be a senior at HS, this is the kind of **** that we're dealing with now.

FSU loses an OC no change
OSU loses their coach lose 2-3 players
UF last year lost their whole coaching staff not much changed
Bama lost their DC no kids left
UGA lost their DC kids are cool
UCF lost their whole staff still kept their class

These kids in FL just don't mess with Miami honestly. We were told Nayquan we didn't do enough when he got injured so we had no shot(fair point), stayed with Sam Brooks through a huge injury and were 1 of only 2 schools to stick with him - he gone.

We are told we don't offer soon enough. Miami offers kids in 8-9-10 grade and still get shafted. I say stick with the GA, NY, and OOS kids since you don't see Blissett out here crying and he is a high rated 4* with multiple P5 offers.

Advertisement
When are you guys going to learn that the only thing kids are loyal to is themselves. They're not going to put on a cape and attempt to save their hometown school from doing something that they haven't done that recruit's entire life -- which is winning.

When you're getting pursued by coaches from elite programs all around the country, it must really put into perspective how novice our coaching staff is and how boring/bad our team plays. Up until 2005 we never had a problem recruiting hometown kids despite how **** our coaching staff was, becasue all they're obsessed about is winning and which school gives them the best chance to go in the first round, which we were doing.

Lose the only good thing about our team the past 3 years and kids not even getting pursued by the best in the country start to look at other choices. We need to have sustained success for at least 4-5 years before kids commit to the program and not the coaches.

You guys gotta stop acting like these kids aren’t smart and don’t know ****. Why the **** would you come to this dumpster fire that is The U. It’s sad but it’s true, Richt doesn’t have the juice nor the bags to persuade kids like he did at UGA. These kids don’t care about the U, it’s all about who can benefit them the most and it ain’t the U. Richt is the easiest guy to recruit against.. 18 years and 0 championships, he last won a conference title when these kids were infants. Saban and Dabo sell NFL, Money, Fame, Championships, etc.

Until we get a coach with juice and who is an extreme competitior we ain’t going nowhere and these kids know that. Don’t expect loyalty from these kids when the team sucks and there’s options that are substantially more beneficial to their careers. It’s a business and we’re on the wrong end of it right now.

It has nothing to do with “mental toughness.” These kids are competitors who play early at every school.

South Florida players have a professional mindset. Some of them got paid in Pop Warner. Pros don’t have loyalty.

We don’t pay and we suck on the field. That’s why we miss on kids. It’s simple.

FSU loses an OC no change
OSU loses their coach lose 2-3 players
UF last year lost their whole coaching staff not much changed
Bama lost their DC no kids left
UGA lost their DC kids are cool
UCF lost their whole staff still kept their class

These kids in FL just don't mess with Miami honestly. We were told Nayquan we didn't do enough when he got injured so we had no shot(fair point), stayed with Sam Brooks through a huge injury and were 1 of only 2 schools to stick with him - he gone.

We are told we don't offer soon enough. Miami offers kids in 8-9-10 grade and still get shafted. I say stick with the GA, NY, and OOS kids since you don't see Blissett out here crying and he is a high rated 4* with multiple P5 offers.

Miami hasn't done much the last 15 years, and that's fine. We've been mediocre, by our standards.

For most Power 5 programs, our track record is average/decent. By Miami's standards, it's crap though.

What you just outlined shows that the home school gets no love from its own. South Florida has to be the most toxic recruiting area and it starts with these hanger on groupies that are leading these kids. Things are bad at Miami and Richt's obviously not the man to lead us in the long term. Having said that, it's still a great school. These kids are front runners, plain and simple. Are we really surprised though? Look at how they transfer to other power house programs at a whim.

Advertisement
It has nothing to do with “mental toughness.” These kids are competitors who play early at every school.

South Florida players have a professional mindset. Some of them got paid in Pop Warner. Pros don’t have loyalty.

I'm not disagreeing with you. But FSU for the most part has kept their class together. This is coming off a 5-7 year where in the first time in 40 years is going to miss a bowl game. Taggart has zero track record of success suggesting he's going to turn it all around.

UF had its 2nd 4-win season (last year) in the last 5 years. And last year, they held onto most of their class. We're in agreement that the status quo at Miami is unacceptable. But why is it that Miami is held to this standard that the other other 2/3 of the big 3 isn't?

Miami hasn't done much the last 15 years, and that's fine. We've been mediocre, by our standards.

For most Power 5 programs, our track record is average/decent. By Miami's standards, it's crap though.

What you just outlined shows that the home school gets no love from its own. South Florida has to be the most toxic recruiting area and it starts with these hanger on groupies that are leading these kids. Things are bad at Miami and Richt's obviously not the man to lead us in the long term. Having said that, it's still a great school. These kids are front runners, plain and simple. Are we really surprised though? Look at how they transfer to other power house programs at a whim.

I absolutely agree. I've brought up the transfers in HS as a huge issue and the front runner mentality before. These kids have 3-4 different 7v7 and optimist teams, with 3 HS under their belt before they even get to College, so its hard to expect most of them to be humble and not front run and not be followers instead of leaders.

So basically everything that made us fans of this school (loyalty, family, brotherhood) just simply doesn't exist anymore.

So, I'll ask.

Why exactly are we fans? Honest question.

Im 28 and I grew up in an area where the love and passion for home and UM was real but through the years kids did get soft but mainly because older people got soft. Look at the women on here hating every class,every coach every year, hating the program so much that they fly banners and kids see this and have no pride in what the State of Miami is. Sad truth bruh

Advertisement
Im 28 and I grew up in an area where the love and passion for home and UM was real but through the years kids did get soft but mainly because older people got soft. Look at the women on here hating every class,every coach every year, hating the program so much that they fly banners and kids see this and have no pride in what the State of Miami is. Sad truth bruh
Big facts! I said this awhile ago. Kids who live in bama georgia texas etc etc. Their parents are ride or die no matter what state their programs are in. Kids come up having strong loyalty to their home team.Its not the same in SFL. Its a front runner place.

I would imagine 70% of this board is over the age of 25. These kids are 18-19 years old. Look at some of the comments and threads on here. It is not surprising at all. We have fans that de-commit all season long and then throw gas into any fire they can when things aren't all rosy.

Was going to say the same thing, why would their behavior surprise anyone when you consider how the “adults” associated with the program act?

These kids weak as **** these days why leave like Manny is the heart and sole of the team sure losing him hurts but wait till Richt makes that DC hire or **** have a convo with Richt before making that decision ...I’m so glad I don’t follow these recruits until they sign on the dotted line it’s way too much flip flop ****t to keep up with I’ll pass on that

Advertisement
Was going to say the same thing, why would their behavior surprise anyone when you consider how the “adults” associated with the program act?

A lot of folks need to take a step back and really consider the issues we had on Offense this year. Everything else is on the up and up as a program. Malik Rosier just isn't a good college QB. Perry was very green and had off field issues/maturity issues. Oline just not that talented. Yes, the scheme needs work as well. I get that frustration completely. I just don't understand how a lot of folks can turn their back on Richt so quickly? It is concerning.

Big facts! I said this awhile ago. Kids who live in bama georgia texas etc etc. Their parents are ride or die no matter what state their programs are in. Kids come up having strong loyalty to their home team.Its not the same in SFL. Its a front runner place.
With a weird outlook on what the team is. 1 year ago the staff could've said they'd have 10 guys who are draft worthy coming back and take away Ahmonns tragic injury they're right yet you'll see "the coaches suck", "nobody gets developed", "we ain't getting anybody", "who would want to come here" and that's adults around them so thats what they become internally

Bingo. To think these kids are not smart enough to see the money train makes you delusional. Even at small schools I know for a fact kids are sending money back home to help their families and that's small scale. How can they pass up better opportunities on and off the field.

Miami is going to have to win with 3* talent and superior player development. That will bring the team back. Coupled with some 4* guys here and there. The top end guys we have to fight for in our own back yard but should not be surprised to see them leave for Bama, Ga, OSU etc.

Advertisement
Back