Seems like kosi is the 2....but

This wouldn't be a problem if a segment of this fanbase didn't use racial identity as a deciding factor for who they believe should be the starter @ MIA. Sadly this only reaffirms their personal biases & preconceived notions. Pretty pathetic when you think about it. Smh
What's pathetic is your race baiting...

Advertisement
Obviously only certain players catch heat for "quitting" on their team. Tate left a sour taste in my mouth by how uncommitted he seemed to be to the team week in and week out. For some reason he still has these cult- like following. If Nkosi or JT4 pulled half of this **** Tate did last year there would be a lot of posters petitioning to get them off the team.
Kids used goods. He deserves another shot but not here.

It seems the battle for #2 is between TVD and Kosi. That tells you everything you need to know about Tate at QB. He should switch to WR full time.

Advertisement
I don't hate Tate. I don't know that anyone here does either.

I do know that when I saw him on our team last year getting snaps, it was probably the worst I've ever seen a QB look. Granted, Enos didn't help him, but he just looked so lost.

There's nowhere to go but up. Should he get his shot, good luck to him.
I don't think anyone here "hates" Tate Martell—and that's not really the question.

Why the **** do so many love the kid and want to anoint him the second coming—because he was on a stellar high school team and there's one clip of him online while at Ohio State, making a big run against lowly-*** Rutgers. It's been a while since a back-up yielded this kind of hype at Miami—be it a Willie Williams, or even dating all the way back to Brian Fortay as the second-coming.

The kid has literally done next to nothing on a football field since graduating high school—yet there's some unfathomable belief that he would be all world if just given the chance.

News flash; Jarren Williams and N'Kosi Perry both played under Dan Enos last year, too—and both were able to soundly beat out Martell for playing time. Not a good look considering the sub-par skills set of both quarterbacks as QB1 at a program like Miami.

I won't pretend to know how good or bad Martell is—but based on him being passed over as he has, the persona drama, the IG influencer lifestyle (with his head way up Kiki Passo's culo last season; causing a rift with his family)—it doesn't seem like football is first and foremost in the kid's life.

He sure as **** loves posting practice images on his IG with cliche quotes about grinding, putting in work and the what not—but it hasn't yielded any measurable results.

D'Eriq King is the real deal and Perry, for as flawed as his game is, is really Miami's only option as back-up at this rate—until Martell proves otherwise, or Van Dyke steps up. Hate to say it for all the super-fans, but feels like the Martell train has come and gone and he'll get lost in the shuffle.

I really dont get all the hate on this kid. Dude wrote his own playbook in 8th grade and the few times hes been under center is a college game, hes done pretty good. Its possible hes a game time player and not a practice guy.

Man, people who've never played ball before have no idea what they look at, they see a highlight film of a power team vs scrubs in garbage time and this guy is mike vick, GTFOH

I don't think anyone here "hates" Tate Martell—and that's not really the question.

Why the **** do so many love the kid and want to anoint him the second coming—because he was on a stellar high school team and there's one clip of him online while at Ohio State, making a big run against lowly-*** Rutgers. It's been a while since a back-up yielded this kind of hype at Miami—be it a Willie Williams, or even dating all the way back to Brian Fortay as the second-coming.

The kid has literally done next to nothing on a football field since graduating high school—yet there's some unfathomable belief that he would be all world if just given the chance.

News flash; Jarren Williams and N'Kosi Perry both played under Dan Enos last year, too—and both were able to soundly beat out Martell for playing time. Not a good look considering the sub-par skills set of both quarterbacks as QB1 at a program like Miami.

I won't pretend to know how good or bad Martell is—but based on him being passed over as he has, the persona drama, the IG influencer lifestyle (with his head way up Kiki Passo's culo last season; causing a rift with his family)—it doesn't seem like football is first and foremost in the kid's life.

He sure as **** loves posting practice images on his IG with cliche quotes about grinding, putting in work and the what not—but it hasn't yielded any measurable results.

D'Eriq King is the real deal and Perry, for as flawed as his game is, is really Miami's only option as back-up at this rate—until Martell proves otherwise, or Van Dyke steps up. Hate to say it for all the super-fans, but feels like the Martell train has come and gone and he'll get lost in the shuffle.
Martell's just another kid that was anointed as a prodigy at too early an age, He peaked out in HS..."early ripe, early rot".

Advertisement
He talked $h!t about a QB from TAMU behind His back only to later de-commit from TAMU to OSU.

Gets to OSU and couldn't even crack 3rd string.

Sent out a series of tweets warning/threatening a QB from Georgia not to come to OSU ("Don't swing & miss twice", remember that LOL), only to run from said QB.

Gets to Miami and loses the starting job to a weed-head from Georgia, and loses the 2nd string job to an adult film actor from Ocala, and subsequently, and temporarily quits the team.

Takes unexplained leaves of absences from the team.

Has a noodle for an arm.

His girl's like 99% artificial.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Well, ****

Posting practice pics is one thing.

Game day play is another.

Tate has shown us nothing to warrant his scholarship.

That is reality.

If you are referring to transfer tate, can you give us some illustrations of his "passion for winning" be it video or words!
Go watch QB1 from a couple of years ago! I don't get the hate at all seems Kosi has been forgiving for his mess ups why can't Tate? Just my opinion I think he would do really good in this system Enos was a complete joke!! I'm not gonna hate on a dude that went 45 an 0 in high school was good enough for Ohio State and would be there starter if it wasnt for Justin Fields.

I think a lot of the hype with Tate was his performance in high school and mop up duty at OSU. I don't know what he did in practice there or anything else, but I'm sure Enos messed with his technique. He didn't look anywhere near the same as he did in the past.

I'm not saying he's good, bad or has the potential for anything. It's just a fan's observation.

I want to see one of the newer guys like TVD step up and take charge.

Advertisement
Go watch QB1 from a couple of years ago! I don't get the hate at all seems Kosi has been forgiving for his mess ups why can't Tate? Just my opinion I think he would do really good in this system Enos was a complete joke!! I'm not gonna hate on a dude that went 45 an 0 in high school was good enough for Ohio State and would be there starter if it wasnt for Justin Fields.
Let's be real, kosi didn't really do nothing that devastating based on the times with this wild video society, so not really much people can say about Perry he's been a True Hurricane, never heard his name in! Again, i dont hate transfer tate, we just hate seeing em quit ohigho fake, run here to try and be the starter at qb, didn't workout so he quit being a qb and tried widereceiver, didn't work, so he quits again, back to qb, with transfer talks circling above his head. We just hate seeing him with the ball in his hands on jet sweeps going nowhere, out-running nobody. We just hate seeing him get wasteful snaps at wideout, stunting the growth of the younger wideouts. We just hate seeing em being talked about by coach diaz as having special packages and how d-co's should be worried about a non-producing, non-threatening college player that has barely more college yards than alot of you who post in here.

Transfer tate is what's wrong with how coach diaz started his tenure off, by gathering up quitters and losers and forcing them into starters rolls. The goon coaches will let a jt4 guy go, and wish him nothing but the best, cause they know you can't win with the mentality he had/has(see diaz still @6&7 and lost credibility).

In contrast, perry never quit no matter what coaches or players came in or left, no transfer rumors(of course not, his film crew is still located here), so if you like diaz want quitters, losers and half hearted/committed players to be named starters, have at it man!

Advertisement
Let's be real, kosi didn't really do nothing that devastating based on the times with this wild video society, so not really much people can say about Perry he's been a True Hurricane, never heard his name in! Again, i dont hate transfer tate, we just hate seeing em quit ohigho fake, run here to try and be the starter at qb, didn't workout so he quit being a qb and tried widereceiver, didn't work, so he quits again, back to qb, with transfer talks circling above his head. We just hate seeing him with the ball in his hands on jet sweeps going nowhere, out-running nobody. We just hate seeing him get wasteful snaps at wideout, stunting the growth of the younger wideouts. We just hate seeing em being talked about by coach diaz as having special packages and how d-co's should be worried about a non-producing, non-threatening college player that has barely more college yards than alot of you who post in here.

Transfer tate is what's wrong with how coach diaz started his tenure off, by gathering up quitters and losers and forcing them into starters rolls. The goon coaches will let a jt4 guy go, and wish him nothing but the best, cause they know you can't win with the mentality he had/has(see diaz still @6&7 and lost credibility).

In contrast, perry never quit no matter what coaches or players came in or left, no transfer rumors(of course not, his film crew is still located here), so if you like diaz want quitters, losers and half hearted/committed players to be named starters, have at it man!
I have a lot of respect for Perry. He screwed up early, but got his head on straight, got good grades, and stayed committed to be a Cane.

However, the reason we're as optimistic as we are is because of our transfer QB and DE, both of which are talked about for major awards and are giving us the chance to compete with the big boys.

In the back of my mind I can't stop thinking that Enos was paid off by Bama to come and **** up UM real bad
Well put this in the front of your mind, that **** diaz made a bad hire and got caught up in everything Bama, that **** enos, where has he ever had a high level of success at. If you teaching dink & donk principles, of course pct% wise he gone look like the qb whisperer, I wasn't impressed with his bullshat coming in with the "me and coach diaz vision aligns" talk, no ****, you ran to try and hide at UM before it became known on a broader scale that he was/is garbage.

I have a lot of respect for Perry. He screwed up early, but got his head on straight, got good grades, and stayed committed to be a Cane.

However, the reason we're as optimistic as we are is because of our transfer QB and DE, both of which are talked about for major awards and are giving us the chance to compete with the big boys.

Correction, perry, he "screwed early" other than that, his biggest mistakes was only not realizing he needed to be a leader early by not siding with the 2018 crybabies and by not learning the playbook. Other than that, his resume speaks for itself. I could careless what hype transfer players get, until they actually making plays here, don't mean jack schmitt to me. What I do know is this, and I said this way back when ****'s were crying about bogle going to gaytorvile I said who cares we got harvey and cam williams, who people keep sleeping on. We'll see with roche if he stays healthy and there is a season.

I never said anything about him starting fam. I don't think it was much his fault he was trying to see the field at WR. So I think we look at it a little different and that's OK I see your point also! I'm not Goin to war for Tate either I'm just saying a year or two (depending on what they do with eligibility this year) Kid might get it together. Reminds me of Johnny Football and ya his character was in question to but he showed out at A&M. I definitely don't think he's a NFL QB either but he is a Hurricane. I would be frustrated too if I transferred and was asked to go under center which he's never done. Manny promising a cutting edge offence. With all of the talent we had I'm sure there was alot of frustration. Had to be a toxic situation. Anyway wouldn't be a bad thing if he does get it together right now he's a Hurricane were all suppose to be fam!

Advertisement
Back