SEC Rant Thread, Miami-Alabama

We lost one game against the Coastal and pulled a Top 10 caliber class, which included two local 5 Stars and another stud QB.

That’s not in shambles.
I agree. But the point still stands. That's just another offseason title. It only matters what we actually do on the field. "On paper" we are a lot better than we actually are.

Advertisement
I have to admit that the SEC rant has some funny posts. I was cracking up.

The only way to shut them up is for the Canes to step into Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta and play the game that they are capable of playing. These were the kind of games that Schnelly, Jimmy, Ericsson and Butch thrived on. Our reputation was made in games like this. It’s been a long time since we have had this type of opportunity for the Canes program. The Canes are loaded with experienced players, and Alabama has a team full of first-time starters and a new offensive coordinator. This is what we all want as a Canes fan—an opportunity to dethrone the reigning king of college football on the national stage.

I think this will be the signature game for CMD. If the Canes come to play at a high level, this will be a special year that can really lift the program to new heights. A bad loss, and I am not optimistic about CMD being the guy to take this program to the next level.

The only way to shut them up is for the Canes to step into Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta and play the game that they are capable of playing. These were the kind of games that Schnelly, Jimmy, Ericsson and Butch thrived on. Our reputation was made in games like this. It’s been a long time since we have had this type of opportunity for the Canes program. The Canes are loaded with experienced players, and Alabama has a team full of first-time starters and a new offensive coordinator. This is what we all want as a Canes fan—an opportunity to dethrone the reigning king of college football on the national stage.

I think this will be the signature game for CMD. If the Canes come to play at a high level, this will be a special year that can really lift the program to new heights. A bad loss, and I am not optimistic about CMD being the guy to take this program to the next level.
They have had some pretty big games with huge possibilities in recent history, they just got bombed

The biggest determinants of the outcome will be two things:

1) The ability of our LBs to stop the run. The game will be a repeat of UNC unless our LBs can stop the run.
2) Whether we let our guys play to win or play it conservatively (in an attempt to avoid a bad loss). IMHO, if we want to win or keep it close we have to bring the heat in every phase and the let the players play. No soft zones. Man up, be confident, throw in a couple trick plays and go at them hard.

This ain’t the game *****-footing and hedging bets.

If you go down, go down in flames. Press, blitz the LINEBACKERS, crowd the line of scrimmage. Hit low. Hit hard. Cheap shots at the whistle. Whatever. We have to turn it into a dog fight and get in their heads with nastiness through hard hitting.

It’s the only way. Manny needs to be a raving animal. All out brutality is the only thing that makes teams this talented second guess themselves. We have to take away the run at all costs. If they throw for 500 yards so be it. Go 8-9 in the box and force their new starter to win with low percentage throws.

If you go down, go down in flames. Press, blitz the LINEBACKERS, crowd the line of scrimmage. Hit low. Hit hard. Cheap shots at the whistle. Whatever. We have to turn it into a dog fight and get in their heads with nastiness through hard hitting.

It’s the only way. Manny needs to be a raving animal. All out brutality is the only thing that makes teams this talented second guess themselves. We have to take away the run at all costs. If they throw for 500 yards so be it. Go 8-9 in the box and force their new starter to win with low percentage throws.
Ehh probably not the best thing to do with King and Chaney hopefully returning from injury.

Advertisement
i

I read this in a red faced, neck vein popping, spit flying tone, like every cliche coach talk speech ever. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Our Canes dont have the OL...

give Justice time....

Fold the program coaches don't get better players don't get better, every team stays the same, underdogs never win, and the game is played on paper.. We won't compete in this game who tf scheduled this.. My God we play them week 1 they have to lace them up just like we do.

Advertisement
Fold the program coaches don't get better players don't get better, every team stays the same, underdogs never win, and the game is played on paper.. We won't compete in this game who tf scheduled this.. My God we play them week 1 they have to lace them up just like we do.
crazy ex girlfriend wow GIF

F*uk Baga and the rest of the SEC ranting hillbillies. We have as good a chance as most in that league to beat them. If we get a few breaks and Manny and co has a good game plan we should be able to hang around and maybe have a chance to knock them off.

Advertisement

Man.. you on here downing every aspect of the team.. We get it you don't like Manny and in your opinion he won't get us where we want to be.. Everyone doesn't have to share the same opinion you have. There's also evidence from year 1 to year 2 that shows the team has gotten better. So stop crabbing bout everything Miami

Man.. you on here downing every aspect of the team.. We get it you don't like Manny and in your opinion he won't get us where we want to be.. Everyone doesn't have to share the same opinion you have. There's also evidence from year 1 to year 2 that shows the team has gotten better. So stop crabbing bout everything Miami
I'm a realist, you gotta show me something in a big game besides getting pounded. Until then you can keep your pom poms to yourself.

Last edited:
:pgdead:We get it you think Manny sux and Bama is the best team ever. But even a blind squirrel finds a nut and as I said you can’t name one team in the SEC that would be under a 10 point dog to them and really only L$U and UFag can say they have as much talent as us.

Advertisement
Back