SEC Rant Thread, Miami-Alabama

Advertisement
When Chuck Foreman was racking up yards from the Miami Hurricanes, and Burgess Owens was snatching ints, this is what the Alabama roster looked like:

E9E1E7D2-065F-41F2-9EC4-6E79DA298932.jpeg

What does this have to do with our game coming up this year? Not a whole lot, it’s just history. It was 50 years ago.

But it just gives you a little background, a little something to chew on, a little foundational information.

Advertisement
SEC fans sure are a funny bunch. They like to live through Bama even though Bama runs a train on their teams too. Miami is going up against the best team money can buy (literally). I can’t imagine how many millions of dollars their boosters have given to recruits over the years to create that juggernaut of a program. They may be right on the prediction, but I sure would love to see us pull the upset as Saban has a heart attack on the sideline.

When Chuck Foreman was racking up yards from the Miami Hurricanes, and Burgess Owens was snatching ints, this is what the Alabama roster looked like:

View attachment 146596

What does this have to do with our game coming up this year? Not a whole lot, it’s just history. It was 50 years ago.

But it just gives you a little background, a little something to chew on, a little foundational information.
Which one was Gump?

To be fair had we been doing what they had and their recent decimation of OOC Power 5 schools in opening weeks we would be the same way in regards to a team with our recent resume.

Let's see what we can do, we can earn some respect, or be another early season rape victim of the best program in CFB the past 10+ years

Advertisement
It’s hilarious that that poster thinks some transfers are part of the story for them. That guy exists in every fanbase I guess.
The LB is a player for sure, but yeah they are not keys to a team that recruits like the them.

The WR is overrated IMO

Advertisement
There is no reason that their fans shouldn't be ****y.

Their team though, with all the new starters, Saban will have to talk them down and control their aggression. The vast majority have been sitting in the waiting room waiting for their time to make a play.

Why wouldn’t there fans think this? The roster on bama has so much talent and they’re aware how much a beating both Clemson and UNC did against us last year. It doesn’t help that King is coming back from a major injury wk 1 against bama. We need his legs 100# against bamas d

Advertisement
SEC fans sure are a funny bunch. They like to live through Bama even though Bama runs a train on their teams too. Miami is going up against the best team money can buy (literally). I can’t imagine how many millions of dollars their boosters have given to recruits over the years to create that juggernaut of a program. They may be right on the prediction, but I sure would love to see us pull the upset as Saban has a heart attack on the sideline.

Must be great to be a fan of an SEC team, especially Bama-LSU-AM- UF-AU, etc- where football is actually important to the school.

Advertisement
Back