"SEC-izing" - who is next???

Advertisement
Automation and AI is going to make capitalism unsustainable. The loss of jobs, ****, the loss of entire sectors of jobs to computers, robots and AI will end up eventually displacing a majority of the workforce. When that happens, capitalism is dead.

obviously this won’t be happening in the next few years, it’ll take generation or two, but it’s already started.

I’m not anti capitalist either. I spent most of professional life as an unabashed capitalist and (wanna be) captain of industry.

Capitalism will always be sustainable.

What isn’t sustainable is the way that we practice it.

We are still stuck in the hand to mouth mindset of scarcity economics.

Capitalism and communism are politicized terms for dogmatic partisans. The government should not control the market, but the market should not be treated as an all knowing deity.

The market can be manipulated to great detriment to the majority for the opulent comfort of the minority. We operate at our best when the public and private sector are balanced and can reasonably chech each other’s power, just like the branches of government.

The banking cartel has taken control of the worlds resources with imaginary paper and digits on computer screens. The scam the created to generate unearned income was remarkably brilliant.

Personally I would like to see the treasury issue credit that shadows the dollar in value. Everyone gets a universal basic income of say $2000 a month. Then give lucrative critical skills bonuses of $5000-$20000 a month for every necessary job (teachers, cops, construction, water works, good service etc).

The economy would BOOM and prices will remain stable because you aren’t forcing businesses to raise their expenses. When people have more money, COMPANIES INCREASE PRODUCTION to meet the sales demand and prices remain stable. Most companies are operating on skeleton crews because they don’t have that sales to hire more.

Very, very few would raise prices because they are already operating at full capacity and can’t produce anymore. The rest will just grow their businesses.

There is a limit, but we are nowhere close to it and we can make our lives much better as we approach that limit. The only thing in the way is politics and our devotion to obsolete economic theory.

Advertisement
Back