"SEC-izing" - who is next???

Do you disagree that the facilities are good enough to win the ACC coastal? We managed that once in two decades. Money isn't the problem. If we were always finishing top 15 but not able to get over the hump, then the haves vs have nots argument would be valid. Instead we see other low revenue programs regularly fielding quality teams, where Miami hasn't been able to finish top 10 since 2005.

The workflow is

1. Win division consistently
2. Fans donate because see progress
3. School invests in program
4. Win conference, make playoffs every 3 years or so

The facilities are more than good enough to win the coastal. That’s part of my point. The other part of my point is don’t complain about facilities if you don’t contribute, because that’s how it’s done.

Lets not conflate two different things.

Stopping from contributing just hurts the program more, adds to its death spiral, and has no real positive benefit. I’m as disappointed and critical as anyone, I just think people here look at the wrong things and come up with the wrong conclusions and solutions.

Who do you think has more pull and say? The guy that contributes nothing, or the guy who still contributes. The people with say are the ones who will get James fired. Not some mope who stops going to his twice a year games, and pulls his $50 student impact contribution.

Why do you think Blake got pulled in like a truant child in front of some BOT members/boosters and was basically ordered to get a Director of Football operations? Because the money people are ****ed.

Certain people get to call in and bltch to people in the AD office. You don’t.

Also, believe me, Blake is on very thin ice, just like Manny. Maybe even more.

The whole Highsmith/Reed situation is a huge no-confidence shot across the bow for Blake. The resident geniuses on here have yet to figure that out.

I can guarantee you that neither myself, or any of the big money boosters will tolerate anything less than this program running all cylinders from here on out. Blake’s days are numbered unless there is a massive turn around

Advertisement
Why do you think Blake got pulled in like a truant child in front of some BOT members/boosters and was basically ordered to get a Director of Football operations? Because the money people are ****ed.

Bro, he got called in and told them to f#ck off, he wasn't turning over foosball to anyone. And the BOT didnt do a **** thing about it. I cant say I wouldn't have done the same thing in his situation, but the Highsmith "Dir of Foosball" role is 1000% different then Ed Reeds COS role. We dont have a Director of Football now so all that BOT noise didnt amount to anything.

Your idea of "massive" is not the same as the rest of college football's. bama pays their HC as much as we pay our whole staff. They're recruiting budget is several times larger than ours. So yes, we've see money being invested in the program, but nowhere near the scale at which the big boys are investing.

You are also comparing a Small Private Metro school without a Religious Affiliation to Flagship Universities that get whatever they want from the State they are in.

Advertisement
Bro, he got called in and told them to f#ck off, he wasn't turning over foosball to anyone.

Bro, you clearly have no clue. That’s a pretty simple minded analysis of the situation.

Yes, he resisted giving up his power, which was expected. He also put all his chips in the middle of the table. Duly noted. Now he has no chips in the game. It was his last move. Calling him in caused him to go all in.

Again, simplistic CIS analysts just don’t get how the big boys play the game.

Let me put it in a way that most people can understand. He got his *** called out and he played his last card. Now he’s alone on an island. The money people have him on notice.

Watch what happens if 2020 is anything less than a big turnaround.

Bro, you clearly have no clue. That’s a pretty simple minded analysis of the situation.

Yes, he resisted giving up his power, which was expected. He also put all his chips in the middle of the table. Duly noted. Now he has no chips in the game. It was his last move. Calling him in caused him to go all in.

Again, simplistic CIS analysts just don’t get how the big boys play the game.

Let me put it in a way that most people can understand. He got his *** called out and he played his last card. Now he’s alone on an island. The money people have him on notice.

Watch what happens if 2020 is anything less than a big turnaround.

We shall see. I suspect that if Diaz flops, James will still be picking the next coach. If you are right and the BOT had nuts all along, why wait until 2020 to finally put the screws to James?

We shall see. I suspect that if Diaz flops, James will still be picking the next coach. If you are right and the BOT had nuts all along, why wait until 2020 to finally put the screws to James?

Because things moved really fast the last couple of years. It was only 2017 when we were ranked 2nd very late into the season.

Then things moved even faster in 2018. Finished atrociously in 2018, followed in quick succession by the Rick resignation and Manny hiring. Then the wheels came off after the Louisville game.

That’s a lot of drama in a short 2 years. Taking that into consideration with the overall performance since Blake has been here, and he has very few supporters left.

Assuming there is a next coach, which based on last year’s performance is safe bet, Blake ain’t picking the next coach. That’s going to be a team effort.

Because things moved really fast the last couple of years. It was only 2017 when we were ranked 2nd very late into the season.

Then things moved even faster in 2018. Finished atrociously in 2018, followed in quick succession by the Rick resignation and Manny hiring. Then the wheels came off after the Louisville game.

That’s a lot of drama in a short 2 years. Taking that into consideration with the overall performance since Blake has been here, and he has very few supporters left.

Assuming there is a next coach, which based on last year’s performance is safe bet, Blake ain’t picking the next coach. That’s going to be a team effort.

If there is a next coachit will be Lashlee if the offense turns it around with Justice being the OC

Advertisement
Nothing is free mane and don't let Bernie tell you otherwise.
Not advocating for or against his proposal. But if it were to get passed and the federal government has a direct stake in all of the nations public colleges, I don’t see how a Nick Saban can continue to earn his level of salary.

Advertisement
I'd argue your first point, Miami does not have as much money as bama or many other schools.

My bigger issue is with your second point. These other schools have realized that they're at a talent stalemate with both players and coaches. Several schools have about the same amount of talent, so they have to find other ways to rise above the competition. Bama keeps hiring more and more staff trying to find a slight advantage in game-planning or whatever. If nothing else, they keep talented coaches away from their rivals. The money is so lopsided that bama can hire coaches it doesn't even need just so Clemson doesn't get them. Think about that for a second. Do you really think Miami has that kind of money? And if they do, what would bama be willing to do if Miami matched them?

At this point it's a game of inches...whoever lands that 1 DT or assistant this year will win a NC in 2 years.

Problem is, we're 27 yards behind and not fast enough to catch up.

actually, I do think Miami has the money to beef up it’s staff. These analysts bama hires, even the ex head coaches, aren’t getting paid all that much.

Our problem has been one incompetent HC after another. Whether um went cheap like they did with Randy, or opened the purse like they did with richt.... the results have been the same. Incompetence.

They hired their COS and a few off field guys this offseason. I don’t think there’d be a problem hiring more. They just need to start hiring the right people.

The facilities are more than good enough to win the coastal. That’s part of my point. The other part of my point is don’t complain about facilities if you don’t contribute, because that’s how it’s done.

Lets not conflate two different things.

Stopping from contributing just hurts the program more, adds to its death spiral, and has no real positive benefit. I’m as disappointed and critical as anyone, I just think people here look at the wrong things and come up with the wrong conclusions and solutions.

Who do you think has more pull and say? The guy that contributes nothing, or the guy who still contributes. The people with say are the ones who will get James fired. Not some mope who stops going to his twice a year games, and pulls his $50 student impact contribution.

Certain people get to call in and bltch to people in the AD office. You don’t.

Also, believe me, Blake is on very thin ice, just like Manny. Maybe even more.

The whole Highsmith/Reed situation is a huge no-confidence shot across the bow for Blake. The resident geniuses on here have yet to figure that out.

I can guarantee you that neither myself, or any of the big money boosters will tolerate anything less than this program running all cylinders from here on out. Blake’s days are numbered unless there is a massive turn around
This is Spot on......not an insider but have someone who works there and he said the same thing.....

Nothing is free mane and don't let Bernie tell you otherwise.

Money isn’t real.

We cling to obsolete economic theory and policy based on scarcity. We have defeated scarcity for the vast majority of goods and services we want and need.

We are in a place capitalism was never really prepared for. It used to be we used scarcity economics because our production capacity couldn’t provide the goods to all people. Innovation and technology have switched it around, but we don’t know what to do about it.

Now we can produce more than we could ever afford to buy. The economy is operating WAY below the peak employment and production that makes fear mongers cry the sky is falling for increasing the money supply.

There is an adversarial relationship between ownership and labor that has us operating far below our true economic potential and quality of life. We need a way to get money into the hands of people who need it and will SPEND it . Forcing wage increases just raises prices for obvious reasons.

But you are right. As long as money only gets created as debt and we keeping promising to pay interest THAT WILL NEVER EXIST, nothing will ever be free.

Advertisement
Money isn’t real.

We cling to obsolete economic theory and policy based on scarcity. We have defeated scarcity for the vast majority of goods and services we want and need.

We are in a place capitalism was never really prepared for. It used to be we used scarcity economics because our production capacity couldn’t provide the goods to all people. Innovation and technology have switched it around, but we don’t know what to do about it.

Now we can produce more than we could ever afford to buy. The economy is operating WAY below the peak employment and production that makes fear mongers cry the sky is falling for increasing the money supply.

There is an adversarial relationship between ownership and labor that has us operating far below our true economic potential and quality of life. We need a way to get money into the hands of people who need it and will SPEND it . Forcing wage increases just raises prices for obvious reasons.

But you are right. As long as money only gets created as debt and we keeping promising to pay interest THAT WILL NEVER EXIST, nothing will ever be free.
Automation and AI is going to make capitalism unsustainable. The loss of jobs, ****, the loss of entire sectors of jobs to computers, robots and AI will end up eventually displacing a majority of the workforce. When that happens, capitalism is dead.

obviously this won’t be happening in the next few years, it’ll take generation or two, but it’s already started.

I’m not anti capitalist either. I spent most of professional life as an unabashed capitalist and (wanna be) captain of industry.

We don't care to compete with the big boys anymore...

That is painfully obvious.

Why else would we hire a first time HC who never played the game to try to see if he can figure it out at our expense?

Manny Diaz will win enough this year to get another year and keep us mediocre forever.

Diaz will 100% never beat Clem$on, and the road to anything significant goes through them.

So lets just keep this incompetent little **** who will never do more than win the Coastal...

RIP The U

Advertisement
Back