Season Prediction Thread

We should be reviewing last season's prediction thread at this point.

Somebody bump it.

Last Season I said this:
5-7

I think we get out of the gate slow. Too much inexperience. I do think we win 4 of our last 5 including an upset of VT or FSU.

So I was wrong but we did beat VT.

This year I think we will go 9-3 regular season and finish ACC Champs and 11-3.

Advertisement
Not overlooking at how helpful it is to have all the starters back. l just absolutely reject the notion that an extra year means we can beat anybody. We have said the same **** thing year after year for a decade. ****, Randy's last year was supposed to be the year because all those pups from the 2008 class had a few years under their belts.

Right? Remember that?

I agree, theoretically, another year should help, but I'll believe it when I see it.

[]_[] swag;1534166 said:
I think with our offense we will play with anyone. Our def will be the key. If they can improve into lets say a top 40 defense we can win any game on our schedule. Depth will also be an issue, but if Morris, Porter, and Duke all stay healthy we can legitimately win 10 + games this yr IMO.

The highlighted assumption drives me nuts.

UM's offense beat up a bunch of losers last season and flat out disappeared in the face of any team with a top 15 D. UM could not buy a freakin first down against FSU, ND or KSU for LONG STRETCHES of those games. The offense simply disappeared.

So, other than blind hope, upon what do you base your conclusion that UM's o can go toe-to toe with anyone?

Look, I get hope. I've hoped for a decade, but I've heard enough hope. Sure, it looks good on paper, but I'll wait to see it in action. ****, UM is breaking a new offensive coord. and we just assume he can roll when even our crappy D shut down FSU for a half last year? Did you see Coley's O against NC State? LOLOL FSU's O disappeared last year in a few games, and he'd worked with those kids for years.

I say 8-4, and hope we see 9-3.

I agree tht our offense was vastly overrated last year, but I think ur overlooking how helpful it is to have every starter returning, especially Morris and the o-line. Coupled with what I believe will b a much improved receiving core and I think our offense will b top 10.

We go 11-1 regular season, splitting the only two games we hav any business losing against the other florida teams. 12-2 overall

This

2010 Made me believe it doesnt matter if they have a year under there belt even if they come back stronger it meant **** in 2010, when u see playmakers from day 1 most likely that player will always be a playmaker. When u see a JAG year 1 most likely he will always be a JAG but with more bulk...a bulky JAG same ****.

Not overlooking at how helpful it is to have all the starters back. l just absolutely reject the notion that an extra year means we can beat anybody. We have said the same **** thing year after year for a decade. ****, Randy's last year was supposed to be the year because all those pups from the 2008 class had a few years under their belts.

Right? Remember that?

I agree, theoretically, another year should help, but I'll believe it when I see it.

[]_[] swag;1534166 said:
I think with our offense we will play with anyone. Our def will be the key. If they can improve into lets say a top 40 defense we can win any game on our schedule. Depth will also be an issue, but if Morris, Porter, and Duke all stay healthy we can legitimately win 10 + games this yr IMO.

UM's offense beat up a bunch of losers last season and flat out disappeared in the face of any team with a top 15 D. UM could not buy a freakin first down against FSU, ND or KSU for LONG STRETCHES of those games. The offense simply disappeared.

So, other than blind hope, upon what do you base your conclusion that UM's o can go toe-to toe with anyone?

Look, I get hope. I've hoped for a decade, but I've heard enough hope. Sure, it looks good on paper, but I'll wait to see it in action. ****, UM is breaking a new offensive coord. and we just assume he can roll when even our crappy D shut down FSU for a half last year? Did you see Coley's O against NC State? LOLOL FSU's O disappeared last year in a few games, and he'd worked with those kids for years.

I agree tht our offense was vastly overrated last year, but I think ur overlooking how helpful it is to have every starter returning, especially Morris and the o-line. Coupled with what I believe will b a much improved receiving core and I think our offense will b top 10.

We go 11-1 regular season, splitting the only two games we hav any business losing against the other florida teams. 12-2 overall

This

2010 Made me believe it doesnt matter if they have a year under there belt even if they come back stronger it meant **** in 2010, when u see playmakers from day 1 most likely that player will always be a playmaker. When u see a JAG year 1 most likely he will always be a JAG but with more bulk...a bulky JAG same ****.

But we're not talking about JAGS. We are talking about kids like Bush, Jenkins, Howard, McCord, Moore, Kirby, etc. on defense who were all thrown into the fire as freshmen at least a few times, and in many cases, as starters or playing major minutes. As talented as they are, they made many mistakes as you'd expect from freshmen, and they were outsized and out muscled in many cases as well. Those same players now have last year's experience plus another year of physical development. There is every reason to believe they will get better. Shannon never played, much less started, anywhere near the number of freshman as Golden had to.

Right? Remember that?

[]_[] swag;1534166 said:

This

But we're not talking about JAGS. We are talking about kids like Bush, Jenkins, Howard, McCord, Moore, Kirby, etc. on defense who were all thrown into the fire as freshmen at least a few times, and in many cases, as starters or playing major minutes. As talented as they are, they made many mistakes as you'd expect from freshmen, and they were outsized and out muscled in many cases as well. Those same players now have last year's experience plus another year of physical development. There is every reason to believe they will get better. Shannon never played, much less started, anywhere near the number of freshman as Golden had to.

Difference is the guys u named looked like players from day 1 or eventually through season 1 except for DL, hopefully Moore makes a jump like Pierre. I think Pierre is going to shock people and bolt to the NFL after this year, hes our best DL I think and he works hard as a kid that was averble to Temple will. U know hes gona work hard, hes not a diva.

My season is Duke.. As long as he balls out I'm happy... I have given up on this team. Would like to see Morris have a good season too. Dorito has killed all my hopes for this season.

Advertisement
My season is Duke.. As long as he balls out I'm happy... I have given up on this team. Would like to see Morris have a good season too. Dorito has killed all my hopes for this season.

126.gif

If you've given up then what the **** are you doing here? Seriously. Leave and don't come back.

Right? Remember that?

[]_[] swag;1534166 said:

This

Difference is the guys u named looked like players from day 1 or eventually through season 1 except for DL, hopefully Moore makes a jump like Pierre. I think Pierre is going to shock people and bolt to the NFL after this year, hes our best DL I think and he works hard as a kid that was averble to Temple will. U know hes gona work hard, hes not a diva.

Yes, they did look like players from day one. But they also made MANY mistakes typical of freshmen such as blown coverages, missed assignments, general confusion, etc, as should be expected. They also got overpowered as they were not as physically developed. That's exactly the point as to why it DOES make sense to believe that there will be a big step up in defense this year. We know they are good players, and now they are also EXPERIENCED and STRONGER good players.

Then go follow another team. Clearly you're not a real 'Canes fan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back