Season Prediction Thread

Advertisement
I think with our offense we will play with anyone. Our def will be the key. If they can improve into lets say a top 40 defense we can win any game on our schedule. Depth will also be an issue, but if Morris, Porter, and Duke all stay healthy we can legitimately win 10 + games this yr IMO.

choose one:

a) 14-0 national champions

b) 10-2 Coastal champs with a chance to play for the acc title

c) 8-4 with a decent bowl appearance

d) 6-6 with a self-imposed bowl ban

choose one:

B is most likley with an outside shot at A. All depends on how much the defense improves.

Too soon? Maybe!

11-1 regular season. I think we have a heart breaking loss to a lesser talented opponent on paper. It's just too hard to go undefeated. However, I think this team will be a lot better than last year and Duke will be a household name. I'll give him 1,700+ yards.

Additionally, I believe as result of Miami's success and its 1st 10 win season since 2003, recruiting will just take off.

Advertisement
So that's one vote for a national championship and one vote for a one-loss season. Keep 'em coming guys let's rock the vote.

choose one:

if we beat UF. then A. But B is looking like the most likley. but **** it I vote A!!!!

Advertisement
choose one:

My heart says ******* A, but my brain says B. Was always told to go with my heart so A this mother up

We're still very young on defense so A is likely impossible.

Should achieving anything less than 10 wins be considered a disappointment, considering we're going to have around 75 guys on scholarship?

Advertisement
9-3 regular season and either 10-4 or 11-3 after an ACCG appearance and bowl game.

I think this is the best case scenario. Coupled with the ncaa mess getting sorted out, AG should be able to hit another homerun with the class of 2014.

Advertisement
I think with our offense we will play with anyone. Our def will be the key. If they can improve into lets say a top 40 defense we can win any game on our schedule. Depth will also be an issue, but if Morris, Porter, and Duke all stay healthy we can legitimately win 10 + games this yr IMO.

The highlighted assumption drives me nuts.

UM's offense beat up a bunch of losers last season and flat out disappeared in the face of any team with a top 15 D. UM could not buy a freakin first down against FSU, ND or KSU for LONG STRETCHES of those games. The offense simply disappeared.

So, other than blind hope, upon what do you base your conclusion that UM's o can go toe-to toe with anyone?

Look, I get hope. I've hoped for a decade, but I've heard enough hope. Sure, it looks good on paper, but I'll wait to see it in action. ****, UM is breaking a new offensive coord. and we just assume he can roll when even our crappy D shut down FSU for a half last year? Did you see Coley's O against NC State? LOLOL FSU's O disappeared last year in a few games, and he'd worked with those kids for years.

I say 8-4, and hope we see 9-3.

8-4 or 9-3 imo...leaning towards the latter if things fall into place. Anything less than a coastal title is a failure imo.

Advertisement
Back