Season Prediction Thread

Advertisement
9-3 or 8-4 the defense is not there yet and it also lacks depth. One thing that has to happen is Duke and Morris have to be healthy the whole season. Could see Miami getting to 10 wins with the bowl game.

10-2 losses to UNC and FSU. Lose to Clemson in the ACCCG. 10-3 before the bowl game.. Golden has to win at min 9 games with 19 starters returning unless Morris or Duke goes down then all bets are off..

9-3 or 8-4 the defense is not there yet and it also lacks depth. One thing that has to happen is Duke and Morris have to be healthy the whole season. Could see Miami getting to 10 wins with the bowl game.

If we go 8-4 with our schedule its a failure.

We went 7-5 last year and we return nearly every single player who is significant. Outside an injury to Morris 9-3 should be the floor IMO and I usually keep my expectations in check.

Defense should be significantly improved (in the 50s) and the offense should as good and probably better then last year.

Advertisement

We went 7-5 last year and we return nearly every single player who is significant. Outside an injury to Morris 9-3 should be the floor IMO and I usually keep my expectations in check.

Defense should be significantly improved (in the 50s) and the offense should as good and probably better then last year.

I hear u and hope u right but never understand that returning everyone on D bullshyt. If letz say lsu or bama returned there D players than of course u expect the D to be good because they were good last year. We have our guys returning from the sck D.....I dont know how its going to improve with the same cats from the year before unless we puttin deer antler spray in our gatorade this year.

I hear u and hope u right but never understand that returning everyone on D bullshyt. If letz say lsu or bama returned there D players than of course u expect the D to be good because they were good last year. We have our guys returning from the sck D.....I dont know how its going to improve with the same cats from the year before unless we puttin deer antler spray in our gatorade this year.

What?

Of course players get better with another year in a strength and conditioning program, not to mention another year getting comfortable with the defense. What you just said is complete nonsense.

Advertisement
Agreed with Diego. This schedule, 8-4 is a failure. 9-3 minimum, 10-2 more likely.

I'm ******* tired of losing to these sad *** ACC teams.

I'm not predicting anything concrete but let's just say I expect big big things.

10-2 in the regular season, then 12-2 for the completed season. We will win the Orange Bowl.

10-12 wins.
Need some of the Defensive recruits and transfers to make it to Greentree in August before I narrow down my prediction..

Advertisement
I believe we have a shot for a National Title. If we come out like I think we will, we're gonna have the momentum to carry us through the season. I also believe in order to accomplish that our D has to be in the top 40 this year. College football would love nothing more than to have us go from rags to riches. My guess........14-0 baby! GO CANES!

I think with our offense we will play with anyone. Our def will be the key. If they can improve into lets say a top 40 defense we can win any game on our schedule. Depth will also be an issue, but if Morris, Porter, and Duke all stay healthy we can legitimately win 10 + games this yr IMO.

The highlighted assumption drives me nuts.

UM's offense beat up a bunch of losers last season and flat out disappeared in the face of any team with a top 15 D. UM could not buy a freakin first down against FSU, ND or KSU for LONG STRETCHES of those games. The offense simply disappeared.

So, other than blind hope, upon what do you base your conclusion that UM's o can go toe-to toe with anyone?

Look, I get hope. I've hoped for a decade, but I've heard enough hope. Sure, it looks good on paper, but I'll wait to see it in action. ****, UM is breaking a new offensive coord. and we just assume he can roll when even our crappy D shut down FSU for a half last year? Did you see Coley's O against NC State? LOLOL FSU's O disappeared last year in a few games, and he'd worked with those kids for years.

I say 8-4, and hope we see 9-3.

I agree tht our offense was vastly overrated last year, but I think ur overlooking how helpful it is to have every starter returning, especially Morris and the o-line. Coupled with what I believe will b a much improved receiving core and I think our offense will b top 10.

We go 11-1 regular season, splitting the only two games we hav any business losing against the other florida teams. 12-2 overall

[]_[] swag;1534166 said:
I think with our offense we will play with anyone. Our def will be the key. If they can improve into lets say a top 40 defense we can win any game on our schedule. Depth will also be an issue, but if Morris, Porter, and Duke all stay healthy we can legitimately win 10 + games this yr IMO.

UM's offense beat up a bunch of losers last season and flat out disappeared in the face of any team with a top 15 D. UM could not buy a freakin first down against FSU, ND or KSU for LONG STRETCHES of those games. The offense simply disappeared.

So, other than blind hope, upon what do you base your conclusion that UM's o can go toe-to toe with anyone?

Look, I get hope. I've hoped for a decade, but I've heard enough hope. Sure, it looks good on paper, but I'll wait to see it in action. ****, UM is breaking a new offensive coord. and we just assume he can roll when even our crappy D shut down FSU for a half last year? Did you see Coley's O against NC State? LOLOL FSU's O disappeared last year in a few games, and he'd worked with those kids for years.

I agree tht our offense was vastly overrated last year, but I think ur overlooking how helpful it is to have every starter returning, especially Morris and the o-line. Coupled with what I believe will b a much improved receiving core and I think our offense will b top 10.

We go 11-1 regular season, splitting the only two games we hav any business losing against the other florida teams. 12-2 overall

This.

I've been one of the few that have consistently held back my enthusiasm for our WRs and offense because they flat out sucked in most of our tough games. Arguably all.

Another year should be huge, especially for Morris since he missed all last spring as well.

I need to see some of our WRs matched up against LEGIT athletes on the other side of the ball like UiF and FSU boast, and I need to see them show the can make plays. Duke as well, though that kid showed plenty for an undersized freshman last year.

Advertisement
Not overlooking at how helpful it is to have all the starters back. l just absolutely reject the notion that an extra year means we can beat anybody. We have said the same **** thing year after year for a decade. ****, Randy's last year was supposed to be the year because all those pups from the 2008 class had a few years under their belts.

Right? Remember that?

I agree, theoretically, another year should help, but I'll believe it when I see it.

[]_[] swag;1534166 said:

Advertisement
Back