Search your soul and answer honestly: Is this Rock Bottom?

Bad news is that things can always get worse. I was in OB for the gator flop and thought it the lowest feeling in the world until I had to sneak my West zone seat out of the OB before it got torn down. Our problem is we rose to top of a mountain top NOBODY had ever climbed, so the fall has been all the worse.
Teams that have paid have reached our mountaib too abd it sucks

Advertisement
Yeah I was thinking that this morning... this is very reminiscent of the pre-howard days. We're just an average to below-average team that might sneak by a good team but essentially a 7-5 to 5-7 team. Similar to a Duke. We might sneak up on a team and compete for the coastal once a decade but otherwise, just blah.
We never won 7 games in the 70s. We had two 6-5 teams. That's as good as it got. We were a bad team then and we are a bad team now.

Honestly, I feel worse about the state of the program right now than I ever did with goldens years. Not sure if it's just being more in tune with corch tendencies or if manny is just truly that bad..but this chit is beyond concerning.

Teams that have paid have reached our mountaib too abd it sucks
Really, just Bama is close but they did it like most others, a great coach who stays. Same with The Bear. What we did remains untouched. Bama reclaimed the mountain it use be on top of. The one all the others scaled. After like 50 years they finally have titles under three HCs, ND took even longer -- they are private and more comparable to us. Still, you are right, those who came after us have cheated their way to the shorter mountains.

What our kids and fans accomplished is without equal. It is even greater when you consider who we did it against: NE and OU at their peak and winning titles, ND same thing, Bama got one and loss one to us, we ruined psu seasons before they got one against us, we destroyed UT, LSU and Arkansas programs as side shows when we had nothing better to do. Not counting the times we got screwed out of playing for title. Bama won one after it got rematch with LSU and another when if got in the playoff after losing its own division. Anyone thing OU beats Butch's boys or JJ losing a title rematch to ND? Even cheating, buying players and fixing the system, these chumps do not measure up to Our U.

Advertisement
Guys...I’m an old head - since 81-82, and I’ve seen **** near all the highs and lows. The soul crushing losses, the big wins, the titles, the coaching changing, probation, Shapiro, etc.

I’ve always kept hope alive even through the lowest of lows. But this feels different. Waaaay different. We have a bull**** artist as HC, he’s in waaay over his head, the players don’t seem to respect him as a leader, he has a $3M contract, a very green staff, AND he’s only 7 games into his regime!

I literally see no hope for the program right now. Honest to god, I think we’ve hit bottom with Manny. I think this is bottom.

Goodbye Miami. We had a good run, and I’ll never forget

Man this is so bad its sad. At least in 97 ws saw the classes Butch was brining in. This really sucks, I am numb.

Rock bottom will be when we get kicked out of the ACC. Think the PTB don’t realize they been had by admitting a program they weren’t too keen on in the first place?

Bad news is that things can always get worse. I was in OB for the gator flop and thought it the lowest feeling in the world until I had to sneak my West zone seat out of the OB before it got torn down. Our problem is we rose to top of a mountain top NOBODY had ever climbed, so the fall has been all the worse.
The gator flop was really bad.

Advertisement
This is not rock bottom. Manny will likely keep his job for next season and that will be worse than this season. Then, if he survives next season, Alabama is going to take our souls at the beginning of the 2021 season. I’m hoping that will be rock bottom because I can’t take 2 more full seasons of this.
This is will be our Trail of Tears. We need an unmerciful bloodbath to end this nightmare!

Worst part about it is that it’s self inflicted.
At least butch and golden can blame the ncaa.
Only butch was smart enough to figure a way out.
Manny and enos digging their own graves out here right now.

Advertisement
Really, just Bama is close but they did it like most others, a great coach who stays. Same with The Bear. What we did remains untouched. Bama reclaimed the mountain it use be on top of. The one all the others scaled. After like 50 years they finally have titles under three HCs, ND took even longer -- they are private and more comparable to us. Still, you are right, those who came after us have cheated their way to the shorter mountains.

What our kids and fans accomplished is without equal. It is even greater when you consider who we did it against: NE and OU at their peak and winning titles, ND same thing, Bama got one and loss one to us, we ruined psu seasons before they got one against us, we destroyed UT, LSU and Arkansas programs as side shows when we had nothing better to do. Not counting the times we got screwed out of playing for title. Bama won one after it got rematch with LSU and another when if got in the playoff after losing its own division. Anyone thing OU beats Butch's boys or JJ losing a title rematch to ND? Even cheating, buying players and fixing the system, these chumps do not measure up to Our U.
Facts

Man i hope we can come back i have zero faith vut the memories u bring up man kill me inside. Its super sad man

This is some sad ****, fellas.

And I’m a preacher. Manny has led me to drink and cuss

God has issued us all well deserved passes on that front, brother. He's actually amazed that any of us have had the devotion not found in most that walk this Earth to remain fans of this program even up to this point.

Advertisement
If this isn’t rock bottom, we’re **** sure circling the toilet bowl. Our first year coach was just beaten by another first year coach (who was implementing an entirely new system for his kids), and for some reason he doesn’t own any of the blame. We’ve also got Manny claiming this is a rebuild year, yet he’s signed 3 top 20 classes over the last 3 years, and his defense is suppose to to be carrying on from the previous regime without any significant change. Just feels like we’re being bull ****ted by the staff on just about everything.

We had a **** new coaching hire. The offseason was lit with excitement. Coach just took a tumble that's all.
tenor.gif

Facts

Man i hope we can come back i have zero faith vut the memories u bring up man kill me inside. Its super sad man

I hear you my, man. Sad as it is today, those memories are priceless and nobodies can compare. No because of one legondary great coach, billionaire donors, huge state school enrollment, or a storied USC level tradition. Nope, just our frigging greatest kids anywhere and the craziest fans ever heard -- WE DID BUILD THIS!

I have one little hope we can do it again. 2017 The Rock, game day at THE U, ND in night game with word watching. Suddenly it is was like THE OB 1989 against the reigning champ Irish. We were at the threshold, stepped across and for just a moment the world sudden in fear of our return. You could feel the "oh, **** not these guys again!" Mark didn't know what to do with that moment, too much Nole in him, and nobody else on the staff or team was big enough for the moment.

We were close, my friend, we were close. Problem is we can't sneak up on the world like Howard did. We have to arrive full grown and better it senseless. We need a Reed or two, an playmaker or two, couple Jerome Browns and all the frigging Blades we can find. Put two or three kids like those on each side of the ball on the 2017 team and it rolls though Pitt and chokes a win out of Clemson and then win of lose in the playoffs, Sets off an explosion in recruiting. Our great teams were not all great players but we had enough great players to make the rest play great.

Advertisement
Back