Search your soul and answer honestly: Is this Rock Bottom?

Butch handing Manny his balls after FIU beats us will be rock bottom. By the time Bama rolls around in a couple of years they'll be getting made fun of for scheduling a D-III program to open their season.

Advertisement
Try looking under the rock. We have 2 QBs with shoulder problems, #1 RB with a leg problem. 2 kickers who can't make a FG and have problems with making an extra point, Defensive players who can't tackle. Other than that, at least its not raining.

Rock bottom is when we are truly apathetic about the state of all of this and stop getting upset and don't follow the team almost at all anymore. You see even the pseudo 'numb' posters are still angry and want to be heard. Implicitly you wouldn't be on here (unless a troll) or be upset if that was ultimate rock bottom. When fans stop complaining and showing up and buying merchandise and a garbage head coach still is allowed to consistently win 5-8 games year after without repercussions, then that will essentially be it.

I do think it's almost there for the program and for me, though.

Try looking under the rock. We have 2 QBs with shoulder problems, #1 RB with a leg problem. 2 kickers who can't make a FG and have problems with making an extra point, Defensive players who can't tackle. Other than that, at least its not raining.

Almost last in penalties, almost last in giving up sacks, terrible offensive playcalling, lack of effort (no tackling), poor defensive alignments. Branding over substance. There's nothing under the rock right now.

Advertisement
Rock bottom is when we are truly apathetic about the state of all of this and stop getting upset and don't follow the team almost at all anymore. You see even the pseudo 'numb' posters are still angry and want to be heard. Implicitly you wouldn't be on here (unless a troll) or be upset if that was ultimate rock bottom. When fans stop complaining and showing up and buying merchandise and a garbage head coach still is allowed to consistently win 5-8 games year after without repercussions, then that will essentially be it.

I do think it's almost there for the program and for me, though.
This says it best.

When we all trully stop caring and this board shrinks because the fan base has actually moved on will be bottom.

It could happen sooner than later. I have been a fan for 35 years....It's just getting tiresome watching this team play like Candy Canes. We're at a close point that we are irrelevant as we were relevant. We are like old UCLA basketball.

Next year is rock bottom.

This.

I expect the portal to be our worst enemy this off season. Who wants to stick around with this BS?

If some of you are upset about a walk-on LB wait til the only players left are walk-ons. I love Jimmy Murphy and all but yesterday was just weird when the announcers kept spotlighting a 5'7 white guy from Connecticut. Is this #TNM?

Manny is not getting fired anytime soon and I dont see him being accountable enough to make appropriate staff changes. I fear what next year will look like..

Rock bottom for me was after the team beat wvu in a bowl and the coaches were carrying around the trophy like it was a big deal

That sht was embarrassing but I got called a troll from mentioning that here

Advertisement
Advertisement
...and Butch comforts Minnie and tells him there's always a place at FIU for a Game Film coordinator...
tenor.gif

Rock bottom is us going 4-8/5-7, everybody transferring and a recruiting class in shambles.

This place is going to need an ***** to repair it. Fire up the banner brigade and fly ”Sack the Athletic department” followed by “Hire a competent AD and Matt Campbell”.

Advertisement
This thing hasn’t hit rock bottom. All losses have been by one TD or less due mainly to the poor level of competition each week. The schedule is too soft to truly see what rock bottom looks like.

There isn’t a Clemson on the schedule to deliver a 58-0 beat down.

If these Canes do get blown out against one of the many weak opponents remaining on the schedule, then we will have reached a new low.

Advertisement
Back